Quiz-Who Are These Hard Luck Teams?

OldSchoolLion

43 minutes ago, Bocefous70 said:

Is Lake Wales one?

Yes!  Lake Wales has made 3 state semis since 2000 and an amazing 6 semis over the past 25 years, reaching the finals in 1993 and 1994.  All of these appearances took place while under legendary coach Rod Shafer.  Unfortunately for them, Lake Wales has never brought home a state title.

1993 3A final vs Bolles 42-21

1994 4A final vs Alachua Santa Fe 25-6

1996 4A semi vs Bartow 13-7

2001 3A semi  vs Rockledge 28-19

2009 3A semi vs Miami Belen Jesuit 21-14

2013 5A semi vs American heritage Plantation 48-16

8 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Yes!  Lake Wales has made 3 state semis since 2000 and an amazing 6 semis over the past 25 years, reaching the finals in 1993 and 1994.  All of these appearances took place while under legendary coach Rod Shafer.  Unfortunately for them, Lake Wales has never brought home a state title.

1993 3A final vs Bolles 42-21

1994 4A final vs Alachua Santa Fe 25-6

1996 4A semi vs Bartow 13-7

2001 3A semi  vs Rockledge 28-19

2009 3A semi vs Miami Belen Jesuit 21-14

2013 5A semi vs American heritage Plantation 48-16

How about North Marion?

2 hours ago, Bocefous70 said:

How about North Marion?

One is the North Marion Colts!  Between 2005-2007, North Marion made it to the 3A state semis 3 years in a row, losing twice to St Augustine and once to Pensacola Pine Forest.  

Craig Damon coached at North Marion from 2000 – 2013. During his tenure, NMHS went 111-48, totaling 10 district championships and three regional titles. Damon qualified his team for the state series all 13 years, collecting 17 playoff wins in the process.  He is now with the FHSAA.  Good job Bocefous!

Hint:A third team is from Hillsborough County.

Tampa Robinson is the third team.  They reached the 2A state semis in 2009 and 2010, losing to Glades Central both years.  In 2012, they reached the 5A state semis, losing a heartbreaker to eventual state champion Tallahassee Godby.  Mike Depue was the coach of Robinson during those years.  Unfortunately, Robinson's performance fell off after his departure.

5 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

One is the North Marion Colts!  Between 2005-2007, North Marion made it to the 3A state semis 3 years in a row, losing twice to St Augustine and once to Pensacola Pine Forest.  

Craig Damon coached at North Marion from 2000 – 2013. During his tenure, NMHS went 111-48, totaling 10 district championships and three regional titles. Damon qualified his team for the state series all 13 years, collecting 17 playoff wins in the process.  He is now with the FHSAA.  Good job Bocefous!

Hint:A third team is from Hillsborough County.

That’s the hint I needed. Robinson Knights 

21 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Tampa Robinson is the third team.  They reached the 2A state semis in 2009 and 2010, losing to Glades Central both years.  In 2012, they reached the 5A state semis, losing a heartbreaker to eventual state champion Tallahassee Godby.  Mike Depue was the coach of Robinson during those years.  Unfortunately, Robinson's performance fell off after his departure.

You should have given me 20 more minutes haha I forgot they used to be 2A. One whole less round of games to get to the semis 

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Yeah i see the 3 teams but i wouldn't call North Marion a central Florida team 

Considering vanguard is considered north Florida and they both Marion county teams

The Marion County' visitor's bureau website says "No other Central Florida destination offers more authentic experiences during the summer months than Ocala/Marion County."  I know it's borderline.:)

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Marion County central FL? 

Marion county is Central Florida

Central Florida is a region of the Southern U.S. state of Florida. Different sources give different definitions for the region, but as its name implies it is usually said to comprise the central part of the state, including the Orlando area. It is one of Florida's three directional regions, along with North Florida and South Florida. It includes the following counties: Brevard, Citrus, Hardee, Hernando, Hillsborough, Indian River, Lake, Manatee, Marion, Orange, Osceola, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Seminole, Sumter, and Volusia.

4 minutes ago, badbird said:

Central Florida is a region of the Southern U.S. state of Florida. Different sources give different definitions for the region, but as its name implies it is usually said to comprise the central part of the state, including the Orlando area. It is one of Florida's three directional regions, along with North Florida and South Florida. It includes the following counties: Brevard, Citrus, Hardee, Hernando, Hillsborough, Indian River, Lake, Manatee, Marion, Orange, Osceola, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Seminole, Sumter, and Volusia.

What is that from Wikipedia? 

4 minutes ago, badbird said:

You should add Sarasota, Desoto, Highlands, Okeechobee 

6 minutes ago, badbird said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Florida

Marion County also listed on North Florida if what I'm seeing is correct 

8 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

So which is it, north central Florida, or southern north Florida?:)

And someone please contact the College of Central Florida in Ocala and tell them they either need to move or change their name to be more geographically precise.:rolleyes:  

Like USF really should be University of West Central Florida