Vanguard vs Sebring 1st Round

Proseteye

Well, since nobody is talking about Vanguard I'll go first. Seems like south Florida and Lake City dominate this board although I think that Vanguard is #1 in 6A unless I'm mistaken.

Know absolutely nothing about Sebring so maybe some folks from that area can help me out.

As far as I can determine they are 8-2 and score a lot of points. Average about 43 ppg about the same as Vanguard. Their defense gives up 17 ppg. Vanguard 13 ppg. Seems they've only played 2 serious teams in Hardee and Lake Wales. Had a nail biter with Hardee going to 2 OT's. Also played Lake Wales somewhat close. They did lose to both. Seem to have a do it all QB in DJ Williams both in the air and on the ground. He's the leading rusher on this team. Looks as though they have one primary WR in Norris Taylor and he looks like a good one. I think that the game will be played in Ocala but not sure. Think I will actually head on out to Booster Stadium if the game is in Ocala. I'm sure that Vanguard, as always, will have their hands full. ;)

this is a tough one as tbe only comparable team is Kathleen… Sebring is huge very huge all around but I dont kniw what Vanguard looks like… Sebring played Hardee and Hardee had to overcome all kinds of stuff/issues this night in order to come out with the win…It was Hardees off night of the season if i look back and most teams as off nights…Also this was Sebrings 1st game of the season as their classic was cancelled as was their 1st game, so they were pumped up noinjuries… I would not take Sebring lightly, they can wreak havoc but it just depends on how well their defense is playing…

7 hours ago, WhatsUpDoc said:

this is a tough one as tbe only comparable team is Kathleen… Sebring is huge very huge all around but I dont kniw what Vanguard looks like… Sebring played Hardee and Hardee had to overcome all kinds of stuff/issues this night in order to come out with the win…It was Hardees off night of the season if i look back and most teams as off nights…Also this was Sebrings 1st game of the season as their classic was cancelled as was their 1st game, so they were pumped up noinjuries… I would not take Sebring lightly, they can wreak havoc but it just depends on how well their defense is playing…

Vanguard is a pretty good sized team. 15 players over 220. But, to go undefeated in 6A is some accomplishment. In fact this is the 2nd year in a row that they have gone undefeated during the regular season. And they don't play an easy schedule. I do know that they will be ready for Sebring come what may.

Vanguard was up 35-0 when I left with 8 minutes to go. This Vanguard team is the real deal. Completely shut down WR Taylor. Didn't have one receipt. QB Williams didn't have much success either. Sebring is a very skilled and disciplined team. But,  the Knights are a whole different type of good. I can easily see them meeting up with someone in Orlando.