Lakeland 17 Kathleen 7 Half

Legion37

Absolutely miserable game to watch. Dreadful. Waste of time where the only thing of note that could have happened was someone gets tossed and misses the next game. 

We can only hope the offensive gameplan was designed to throw Plant off. If they take the same approach vs. Plant, they'll have the same type of showing they've had against Plant the last two years. Stop with all of the cute sh*t and get under center and pound the ball.

2 hours ago, 181pl said:

Plant will have a big problem with the speed of #8.

For Lakeland's sake, the play-calling had better lean towards the guy that averaged 10 yards a carry last year as a sophomore vs Plant.   I don't think Plant can consistently stop Bowman if Lakeland goes under center and brings the TEs inside. At least not without making for some easy deep balls vs. single coverage. But Plant can and will stop Lakeland if they get cute and bring too large of a playbook that the kids aren't able to execute sharply. I sense Castle takes the mental end of things personally and wants to outsmart Weiner. Bad idea IMO. They need to simplify things and take advantage of their physical advantages.

4 hours ago, skyway said:

For Lakeland's sake, the play-calling had better lean towards the guy that averaged 10 yards a carry last year as a sophomore vs Plant.   I don't think Plant can consistently stop Bowman if Lakeland goes under center and brings the TEs inside. At least not without making for some easy deep balls vs. single coverage. But Plant can and will stop Lakeland if they get cute and bring too large of a playbook that the kids aren't able to execute sharply. I sense Castle takes the mental end of things personally and wants to outsmart Weiner. Bad idea IMO. They need to simplify things and take advantage of their physical advantages.

I can’t see Castle doing that. It’s going to be a heavy dose of #3 with some QB option. If they can hit a few passes to Zipperer, that will open it up even more. 

As I’ve said more times than I care to remember.........with Lakeland, it all comes down to discipline. If the players can keep their heads, they’ll be fine. If they lose their heads, it could be a long night.