Lakeland vs STA Title game part VI

Nulli Secundus

6 minutes ago, badbird said:

Columbiafan hasn’t seen this Lakeland team play 

I have actually, watched part of game yesterday and would have watched all of it had the damn stream not start cutting every 10 seconds 

Once it started glitching i switched to lowndes vs Milton on TV 

Lakeland is a very good team and probably best team in North Florida this year, but best team that will ever be assembled north of broward county?  If that is the case Lakeland will beat STA by 40 next week

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I don't need calpreps

Talent is subjective but I have seen some seriously talented teams who could likely go toe to toe with Lakeland and there have been some seriously dominate teams over the years who have done enough to convince me they are at least on par with this Lakeland if not better 

This can be measured, mostly objectively. Who do you have in mind? I'm sorry, but two-loss teams like 2011 Manatee fail to do the job.

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

This STA team isn't as good as any of the 3 who won state in 2014-2016

Hell the 2015 STA would beat this STA by 2 tds

you are crazy.  Making observations off what?  2014 STA was better than 2015.  2014 STA put a running clock on everyone in the first half of the playoffs except for the state title game.  2015 STA wasn't great

31 minutes ago, badbird said:

you are crazy.  Making observations off what?  2014 STA was better than 2015.  2014 STA put a running clock on everyone in the first half of the playoffs except for the state title game.  2015 STA wasn't great

I didn't say 2015 was better than 2014

I said 2015 was better than this year 

52 minutes ago, badbird said:

based off what?  2015 beat a bad Viera team.  If Osceola would have still been in 7A they might have lost.

If viera was bad then Bartram Trail was one of weakest large classification finalists in this decade 

2015 viera would have beaten Bartram trail last year by 14-17 points

In fact they probably were 2nd best 7a north winner in the current 4 year cycle (this year lakeland is better)

If viera was bad then Bartram Trail was one of weakest large classification finalists in this decade 

In fact they probably were 2nd best 7a north winner in the current 4 year cycle (this year lakeland is better)

[2014] Osceola (Kissimmee, FL) 28, [2015] Viera (FL) 26

you only say that because they beat you.  they had 5 losses.  They were not real good.  Weak 7A.  Osceola had moved up to 8A that year and the panhandle teams dropped to 6A and weakened the region.

4 minutes ago, badbird said:

you only say that because they beat you.  they had 5 losses.  They were not real good.  Weak 7A.  Osceola had moved up to 8A that year and the panhandle teams dropped to 6A and weakened the region.

I saw both viera and Bartram Trail in those years 

Viera 2015 beats 2017 Bartram by at least 14

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I saw both viera and Bartram Trail in those years 

Viera 2015 beats 2017 Bartram by at least 14

I don't disagree.  Bartram shouldn't have been in the title game last year.  Lakeland should have been (talentwise) or Plant (who beat lakeland) if they don't lose 3-4 starters in the playoffs.  Viera was also probably better

2014 Aquinas defense was the best I have ever seen in person. They did give up 21 to Bosco in a loss earlier in the season in a game played in Jersey but that Defense was still great. I think it was like around 18 players signed D1 or 1AA on signing day. 

20 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I'll do some looking and get back to you 

I think that what you'll find as you go through the years is that, no matter what you think about "strength of schedule", you'll almost never find a team that's gone through and won all of the first 14 games by a minimum of 17 points. At least not the public schools north of Broward. Memories fade and, a lot of times, it's just the showing in the state final that people remember.

30 minutes ago, skyway said:

I think that what you'll find as you go through the years is that, no matter what you think about "strength of schedule", you'll almost never find a team that's gone through and won all of the first 14 games by a minimum of 17 points. At least not the public schools north of Broward. Memories fade and, a lot of times, it's just the showing in the state final that people remember.

38-6  Terry Parker 

35-0   St Augustine 

21-7  Valdosta (GA) 

27-7  Mandarin 

40-12  Sandalwood 

43-7  Gainesville 

36-3  Orange Park 

38-7  Santa Fe 

16-0  Lincoln 

20-7  Suwannee 

21-7  Tate *playoffs*

50-20  Oveido  *Playoffs*

24-0 Bradenton Southeast  *playoffs*

41-7  Melbourne Palm Bay  *playoffs*

Not exactly 17 point wins every week but very close and included giving up a combined 7 points the 3rd and 4th round against 2 of the best programs of that era

Not saying Lakeland would lose to that team but I'm saying I think you are underestimating the number of good publics that have played over the years outside of south Florida 

Btw if you guess which team that is I'll reveal who each the opponents of those scores were

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

38-6

35-0

21-7

27-7

40-12

43-7

36-3

38-7

16-0

20-7

21-7

50-20

24-0

41-7

Not exactly 17 point wins every week but very close and included giving up a combined 7 points the 3rd and 4th round against 2 of the best programs of that era

Not saying Lakeland would lose to that team but I'm saying I think you are underestimating the number of good publics that have played over the years outside of south Florida 

Btw if you guess which team that is I'll reveal who each the opponents of those scores were

Off the top of my head, I can't name the team. Help me out! (Also maybe post it in the thread I just started)