Quantcast
Jump to content

THIS_IS_DILLARD

“NEW BLOOD”

Recommended Posts

I don’t know about you all but I’m excited at the possibility of the potential of it being done new faces in the semis & possibly states. 
 

at some point it gets old having the same old faves seeing the same old cycle of teams in the big game or in the latter rounds; basically proving that if u don’t have done recruited suited up hybrid team you won’t get far. 
 

so aye I’m rooting for teams like Dillard(of course) edgewater ..palmetto & etc to go far & do well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I don’t know about you all but I’m excited at the possibility of the potential of it being done new faces in the semis & possibly states. 
 

at some point it gets old having the same old faves seeing the same old cycle of teams in the big game or in the latter rounds; basically proving that if u don’t have done recruited suited up hybrid team you won’t get far. 
 

so aye I’m rooting for teams like Dillard(of course) edgewater ..palmetto & etc to go far & do well.

Dillard should get to at least the third round, Edgewater to the semis. Regarding Palmetto, are you referring to Miami Palmetto or the one just south of Tampa. I think one gets to at lest the third round, I am unsure about the other. 

Regarding new blood, Dillard was a state power once, and Edgewater had five very good years in the early part of this century, so it's more the resurrection of former solid teams and not really new blood. But I get where you are coming from. I, too, am tired of seeing the same teams at state all the time, and was happy for Mandarin last year when they won it all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Dillard should get to at least the third round, Edgewater to the semis. Regarding Palmetto, are you referring to Miami Palmetto or the one just south of Tampa. I think one gets to at lest the third round, I am unsure about the other. 

Regarding new blood, Dillard was a state power once, and Edgewater had five very good years in the early part of this century, so it's more the resurrection of former solid teams and not really new blood. But I get where you are coming from. I, too, am tired of seeing the same teams at state all the time, and was happy for Mandarin last year when they won it all. 

Miami palmetto ... & I was to even tho I had never heard of em lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Dillard should get to at least the third round, Edgewater to the semis. Regarding Palmetto, are you referring to Miami Palmetto or the one just south of Tampa. I think one gets to at lest the third round, I am unsure about the other. 

Regarding new blood, Dillard was a state power once, and Edgewater had five very good years in the early part of this century, so it's more the resurrection of former solid teams and not really new blood. But I get where you are coming from. I, too, am tired of seeing the same teams at state all the time, and was happy for Mandarin last year when they won it all. 

If Miami central beat Naples & Dillard get to host the REGIONALS the entire broward county will shut down & with our fan base being on the edge of exploding just nawing at a rematch with central I believe Dillard will win that returning to the scene where your season ended and since then u haven’t lost and not only do you get there but u get the team that beat you ...sheesshhh that game will b in the thousands you will probably hear Dillard crowd in apopka lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Miami palmetto ... & I was to even tho I had never heard of em lol. 

I think Miami Palmetto should get to the third round. Farther will depend if they are for real or not. As of now, I am not sure. Mandarin has been around for a long time (1990s) and has made the playoffs several times. But in the last 20 years (before last year) they have had trouble getting by the Orlando area teams.

Regarding hearing the Dillard crowd from Apopka, unless you all defy the laws of Physics, I don't think it will carry that far. But I realize that would be the preferred match and if you get Central, I wish Dillard well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DarterBlue2 said:

I think Miami Palmetto should get to the third round. Farther will depend if they are for real or not. As of now, I am not sure. Mandarin has been around for a long time (1990s) and has made the playoffs several times. But in the last 20 years (before last year) they have had trouble getting by the Orlando area teams.

Regarding hearing the Dillard crowd from Apopka, unless you all defy the laws of Physics, I don't think it will carry that far. But I realize that would be the preferred match and if you get Central, I wish Dillard well. 

I think the laws would b defied that night lol but aye 1 game at a time a lot can happen between now & then we still have more history to complete before then like getting to 11-0 for the first time since 2000 & getting past the 1st round for the 1st time since 2013 & getting past the 2nd round for the 1st time 01 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Dillard should get to at least the third round, Edgewater to the semis. Regarding Palmetto, are you referring to Miami Palmetto or the one just south of Tampa. I think one gets to at lest the third round, I am unsure about the other. 

Regarding new blood, Dillard was a state power once, and Edgewater had five very good years in the early part of this century, so it's more the resurrection of former solid teams and not really new blood. But I get where you are coming from. I, too, am tired of seeing the same teams at state all the time, and was happy for Mandarin last year when they won it all. 

Palmetto (Manatee) is going to the final four.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, fishspinners said:

Palmetto (Manatee) is going to the final four.

They may well do so. Before the Lincoln loss, I thought they would; after that loss, I am less sure. But I have not written them off; I am just less  sure that they are deep caliber material.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



  • Posts

    • HornetFan, is the CFYFL an 8-on-8 football league. Also, on what fields and cities/towns does the league play it games? Thank you.
    • No problem, and you will find a lot of great perspectives on this message board Silver King.
    • Schools can afford to temperature check each player before every practice and game. All you need are a couple of the no-contact thermometers. If a player exceeds a pre-determined temperature, he sits. If he exhibits other symptoms, test the kid and have him sit out until he gets his results back. If he has covit-19, he quarantines until he tests negative. Same procedure for coaches. These kids have been playing football with each other since this virus shut down the schools; the shutdown only gave them more time to socialize and practice together, and they weren't being tested. If you shut football down, these kids will still play without supervision.
    • There are businesses all over this country that temperature check their employees each day before they can go to work. They require the employees to use hand sanitizer frequently and they practice social distancing in their establishments. Schools can do the same in the classroom, including requiring masks at all times. They can even put a plastic shield on each teacher's desk.if the kids are going to contract the virus, it will most likely be in the classroom from another kid that may be asymptomatic. Football players have been practicing in groups without coaches since schools were closed in March. They have not been wearing masks or practicing social distancing. They have been playing informal 7v7 games against other groups, all without adult supervision, and still we haven't heard of any serious outbreaks among teenagers. With supervised practices and games, adults can assure that players on the sidelines social distance and wear masks if deemed necessary. They don't need fans in the stands, but if limited to immediate family members, social distancing in the stands would not be difficult. These kids are going to play football this Fall; it can be organized and controlled by adults or they'll play pickup games among themselves, but they're going to play. If our government leaders and politicians can justify thousands of people protesting in the streets, shouting and spraying fluids all over the place, they can surely figure a way for 22 teenagers to play a game of football on a 40 by 100 yard football field. Take the politics out of this and let the kids play.
    • Wait there has actually been North Florida teams throwing TDs in a state championship? Must have been before I was born because for as long as I can remember whenever a North team makes the finals it usually ends with a SFL team steamrolling them lol
  • Who's Online (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

  • Popular Contributors

×
×
  • Create New...