Dwyer 

Manatee (were no.1 in 2012)

Plant 

Osceola 

Venice 

Viera

Lincoln

Edgewater 

STA only missed going to states in 2011, 2013, and 2017......Dwyer and Venice are the only reason why they ain't go to states those years and both teams had a hard time beating STA when they weren't at their fullest 

Miami Central can argue against being team of the decade too.....

6x state champion

1x runner up 

Stuck in the most difficult district to win, that's the only reason they ain't go to states damn near every year of the decade (2010-2019)...but an impressive run they had tho

15 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I actually would give nod to Central as they faced a much tougher path to get their 6 championships (the national title is opinion based)

It's up for debate tho I see your argument because Miami central did beat STA and beat Bishop Gorman and Don Bosco prep who STA lost too

20 hours ago, Floridatech said:

It's up for debate tho I see your argument because Miami central did beat STA and beat Bishop Gorman and Don Bosco prep who STA lost too

Compare the regions of STA and Miami Central and it's not even close, Miami Central faced much tougher competition whether it was in regional play or at state

Or at least the region they had most of the decade

Fort Lauderdale and Ely were their district for what felt like at least half the decade and Dwyer and Venice were only somewhat decent threats in the South region to them until 7a got stronger this year and even then you just added Atlantic and Manatee to the South

Miami Central spent most of decade sharing a district with Norland, Carol City and Miami Northwestern, all of whom won state titles this decade and combined had 5 state championships between those 3 schools

2 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

It means overall bruh if STA were in 6a like Miami Central, they would runnin clock em

Miami Central spent most of the decade sharing a district with teams who finished decade with a combined 5 state titles

Did STA share a district any year this decade with a team who won a state title during the decade?

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Miami Central spent most of the decade sharing a district with teams who finished decade with a combined 5 state titles

Did STA share a district any year this decade with a team who won a state title during the decade?

I'm well aware their district is tough which keeps them from being team of the decade BUT in 2017 they had a potential state team, 2018 samething, now they could be for the next decade claiming more state titles and beating the other Miami teams constantly

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/22/2019 at 2:30 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

No one in this thread is arguing STA's district is tougher than MC's.     

23 minutes ago, 954gator said:

No one in this thread is arguing STA's district is tougher than MC's.     

Maybe not but district and region strength should play a factor as it shows the playoff path of each team

Both STA and Miami Central got 6 titles this decade but while one spent most of the decade in the district of death, another had a region full of cupcakes for most of the decade

55 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Maybe not but district and region strength should play a factor as it shows the playoff path of each team

Both STA and Miami Central got 6 titles this decade but while one spent most of the decade in the district of death, another had a region full of cupcakes for most of the decade

STA destroyed teams like Dwyer, Venice, Viera, and Plant in the playoffs these teams can easily compete anywhere in the state 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2020 at 11:09 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I'd be interested in going through the years and comparing.    

2010      STA on paper one of their best teams ever.   That being said, MC seemed to struggle vs option teams back then and I would be kidding myself if I said MC wouldn’t give STA a game.   

*Playoff difficulty very slight edge MC only because South Dade>>>Cooper City.    Both Miami and Creek sucked.    BA beat Cypress bay 36-17 that year.   Manatee and Plant  vs MNW and DP would be a VERY interesting debate (back then I would have said Manatee/Plant no doubt), looking back ehhh I think it's pretty close.  

STA:  beat Camden County GA 42-28 (home),  beat Cypress Bay  60-14 (away) 

*playoff wins: Coconut Creek (59-0),  Cooper City (49-7),  Boyd Anderson (47-6), Manatee (31-7), Plant (30-7)

Central:  Lost Camden Co GA  42-45 (away),  beat Cypress Bay 30-27 (away?)

*playoff wins: Miami  (55-0),  MNW (42-27), South Dade (38-7), Cypress Bay (30-27),  DP  (42-27)

2010: Edge STA  (MC was NASTY though) 

I'll try and do 2011 and 2012 tomorrow.   

9 hours ago, 954gator said:

I'd be interested in going through the years and comparing.    

2010      STA on paper one of their best teams ever.   That being said, MC seemed to struggle vs option teams back then and I would be kidding myself if I said MC couldn't give STA a game.   

*Playoff difficulty very slight edge MC only because South Dade>>>Cooper City.    Both Miami and Creek sucked.    BA beat Cypress bay 36-17 that year.   Manatee and Plant  vs MNW and DP would be a VERY interesting debate (back then I would have said Manatee/Plant no doubt), looking back ehhh I think it's pretty close.  

STA:  beat Camden County GA 42-28 (home),  beat Cypress Bay  60-14 (away) 

*playoff wins: Coconut Creek (59-0),  Cooper City (49-7),  Boyd Anderson (47-6), Manatee (31-7), Plant (30-7)

Central:  Lost Camden Co GA  42-45 (away),  beat Cypress Bay 30-27 (away?)

*playoff wins: Miami  (55-0),  MNW (42-27), South Dade (38-7), Cypress Bay (30-27),  DP  (42-27)

2010: Edge STA  (MC was NASTY though) 

I'll try and do 2011 and 2012 tomorrow.   

2019 geico named STA national champs

48 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I went through the years and results (even though Maxpreps is off in a lot of spots SMH)  

I had the final tally at 5-5.  So very close indeed.  

I gave STA  2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2019

Central  2011, 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018

Some years are very debatable IMO.   

So since it's practically even would it be fair to give Central the overall better decade because of their Region being stronger on average this decade?

I think STA is a close second for team of the decade but I was just more impressed by Miami Central run this decade because of how tough a road they had 

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

I went through the years and results (even though Maxpreps is off in a lot of spots SMH)  

I had the final tally at 5-5.  So very close indeed.  

I gave STA  2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2019

Central  2011, 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018

Some years are very debatable IMO.   

It is very close, both won 5 state titles a piece, even tho MC ain't go to states for like 3 years in a row, they were in the mix and they beat alot of national ranked teams 

29 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

So since it's practically even would it be fair to give Central the overall better decade because of their Region being stronger on average this decade?

I think STA is a close second for team of the decade but I was just more impressed by Miami Central run this decade because of how tough a road they had 

It's a draw I'll even make another thread on this to clear it up