attending a football match

gijs

Hello,

I'm for holidays in Florida in November.

Is it possible to visit a high school football match as a "tourist"?

And where and how is the best way to go?

And what is the best game/school to see!

We don't play a lot of football in Europe so we would really like to see it!

Yep, you can go watch American football games as a tourist. Will cost a few bucks for admission though. 

As far as best games or schools to see, what dates are you here and where are you located? 

This weekend is the final weekend of regular season games and then the playoffs start next week. 

We are The second week of November around Orlando. Then down to the keys. and the last week in Miami

For your Orlando stay, the best games for you to see would be either Apopka at Timber Creek or Steinbrenner at Dr. Phillips. Both games will be 7:30 starts on the 13th. Admission is $8 per person. 

There won't be any football in the Keys the week you are there. 

As for Miami, they will be deep into the playoffs at that point so of course those matches aren't set yet. But, if you check back that week I'll make sure to post some good options. 

For your Orlando stay, the best games for you to see would be either Apopka at Timber Creek or Steinbrenner at Dr. Phillips. Both games will be 7:30 starts on the 13th. Admission is $8 per person. 

There won't be any football in the Keys the week you are there. 

As for Miami, they will be deep into the playoffs at that point so of course those matches aren't set yet. But, if you check back that week I'll make sure to post some good options. 

Other viable games in the Orlando area would be: Sandalwood at Lake Brantley (should be high scoring); Bartram Trail at Hagerty (Hagerty is a good team that no one knows about outside of Orlando); and Palm Bay at Bishop Moore (see my comments about Bishop Moore in the Central Florida thread); or if you want to see Auburn's future starting quarterback and a beat down, Boone at West Orange.

Thank you, this is very useful intell.

The dr Phillips high school is close by. So we are thinking of going to that one. Is this a good choice or are there better one's??

Here comes a the next question: we are planning to go with our 9 months old son. Is this possible?

Thank you, this is very useful intell.

The dr Phillips high school is close by. So we are thinking of going to that one. Is this a good choice or are there better one's??

Here comes a the next question: we are planning to go with our 9 months old son. Is this possible?

Dr. Phillips is a good team, but I think they will win this game lopsidedly. If you want a more competitive game, one of the others is probably better (Bishop Moore vs Palm Bay for example or Apopka vs TImber Creek). However, in addition to being close by, Dr. Phillips has a nice, big stadium and with a wee one, that's a decided advantage. And, yes, it is possible to bring your 9 month old son. If it's a cool evening just make sure to dress him propertly.

Wow, thanks for the info. This is one of the reasons we like to go to the USA. Great support guys!!!

Dr Philipps it is!

Hope I can bothered you with one little thing more?

How muts time in avantages do you have to go?

And can you park your car probably there?

Wow, thanks for the info. This is one of the reasons we like to go to the USA. Great support guys!!!

Dr Philipps it is!

Hope I can bothered you with one little thing more?

How muts time in avantages do you have to go?

And can you park your car probably there?

You can park your car there. If you park near the stadium, I believe they charge $3. There is free parking on campus but that requires a 1/4 mile walk. Regarding the other question, not sure what you are asking but I will try and answer: a. The game will last about 2.5 hours so by 10 pm it should be over; b. In terms of getting into the stadium, from parking to entry about fifteen to twenty minutes. Hope that helps.

Here are two games for you to see on the 27th. Both kick at 7:30 EST. I assume you want to stay in the Broward County/Fort Lauderdale area, but there are two others in Miami and one in Delray Beach (Palm Beach County) if you want to venture over that way. 

Delray Beach Atlantic at Flanagan (in Pembroke Pines)
Sunset/Mater Academy at St. Thomas Aquinas (in Fort Lauderdale)

If you are trying to stay in Broward, I'd recommend the Flanagan game. Some will say go to St. Thomas just because they are a nationally-known program, however, if you want to see a really competitive game, I feel like Atlantic vs. Flanagan game will provide that more. 

The Miami games will be great too. The Palm Beach County one will be interesting, but would be towards the bottom of my personal list. 

Here are two games for you to see on the 27th. Both kick at 7:30 EST. I assume you want to stay in the Broward County/Fort Lauderdale area, but there are two others in Miami and one in Delray Beach (Palm Beach County) if you want to venture over that way. 

Delray Beach Atlantic at Flanagan (in Pembroke Pines)

Sunset/Mater Academy at St. Thomas Aquinas (in Fort Lauderdale)

If you are trying to stay in Broward, I'd recommend the Flanagan game. Some will say go to St. Thomas just because they are a nationally-known program, however, if you want to see a really competitive game, I feel like Atlantic vs. Flanagan game will provide that more. 

The Miami games will be great too. The Palm Beach County one will be interesting, but would be towards the bottom of my personal list. 

Good call.  I would agree with sportsnut25's opinion on this one.