Aquinas 27 Branden River 10

STARaiders2014

Aquinas plays a great game and advances to Orlando for a second straight season! Sadly, I won't be making it down to see them as my boys up here in NC won 17-8 tonight to advance to the title game on Saturday.

Congrats to Branden River on an amazing season, they have a lot to be proud of and I know this is not the last we have heard from them. 

Onto Orlando and Viera! 

Good game but Braden River made to many mistakes, and gave up some big third downs defensively in the 1st half that led to STA touchdowns. Offensively, Braden River ball control, methodical drive type offense moved the ball well but they don't have the ability to score quickly so it's hard to come from behind. They were able to run the first half. Defensively, Braden River didn't put enough pressure on the QB. He had too much time to throw and that hurt Braden River. Turnovers hurt also. STA only scored 6 points in the second half. I was surprised that STA didn't have more of a run game. I forgot Harriot from University School was the coach. His OC is a spread em out pass happy type of coach. I remember when University Christian came down and played Manatee and Manatee ran it down their throat in the second half to come back and win. Univ Christian jumped out 21-0 and lost.

Good game but Braden River made to many mistakes, and gave up some big third downs defensively in the 1st half that led to STA touchdowns. Offensively, Braden River ball control, methodical drive type offense moved the ball well but they don't have the ability to score quickly so it's hard to come from behind. They were able to run the first half. Defensively, Braden River didn't put enough pressure on the QB. He had too much time to throw and that hurt Braden River. Turnovers hurt also. STA only scored 6 points in the second half. I was surprised that STA didn't have more of a run game. I forgot Harriot from University School was the coach. His OC is a spread em out pass happy type of coach. I remember when University Christian came down and played Manatee and Manatee ran it down their throat in the second half to come back and win. Univ Christian jumped out 21-0 and lost.

I haven't seen the game film, but ill def take a look at it. Cannot disagree with anything you said cause I wasnt there lol

I wasn't there but I followed on twitter and have heard a lot about it from friends who were.  STA scored on a big pass play to go ahead 14-10 then STA scored off a fumble by the BR quarterback that put them up 21-10 before halftime and BR never could come back.  The 3rd quarter was a defensive battle.  BR had an opportunity after their defense made an interception.  Next play, STA's cornerback Asante Samuel Jr.  made a phenomenal (every bit as good as his dad) interception getting the ball right back for STA.  IMO that play was the play of the game.  I've seen a clip of that play and the BR quarterback pass was right on the money.   Any other time that would have been a BR score and would have got them right back in the game.  Late in the game, STA made the final td to put it away.  A BR player was hurt and had to be carried off the field. Hopefully its not too serious. 

Kudos to STA but Braden River played too conservative on defense. Those 3 down lineman created no pressure at all. Whether you believe it or not, Braden River could have won the game. I think we can just crown STA as champs at this point. I would have loved to see STA vs. IMG this year.

Kudos to STA but Braden River played too conservative on defense. Those 3 down lineman created no pressure at all. Whether you believe it or not, Braden River could have won the game. I think we can just crown STA as champs at this point. I would have loved to see STA vs. IMG this year.

I will say, 3 down lineman is not the way to get pressure on STA. You need at least 4 and maybe a LB coming to really get effective pressure. That is a bit conservative I agree.