BROWARD COUNTY.! (PRE SEASON) Top 10.!!

From what I am looking at on 4/5/2016 ....A LOT can change but...  

STA

AHP

Chaminade-Madonna

Deerfield Beach

Miramar

Flanagan

Boyd Anderson

Plantation

Piper

Cardinal Gibbons

Fair Enough @broward but u believe Piper & gibbons is better then Dillard let's remember Dillard schedule vs piper & what happend to them in the 1st round

& u have Deerfield over Flanagan.....ok ok & Boyd Anderson over plantation...hmmmm interesting

Fair Enough @broward but u believe Piper & gibbons is better then Dillard let's remember Dillard schedule vs piper & what happend to them in the 1st round

& u have Deerfield over Flanagan.....ok ok & Boyd Anderson over plantation...hmmmm interesting

Overall, I feel Broward County will be down this year from last.  Specifically the publics.  Looking at Flanagan, Deerfield Beach and Hallandale last year, I doubt you will have any 2016 public team on their 2015 level.  Only AHP and STA in 2016.

I put the teams into groups based on how close I feel they are (in April).  If it was a top 12 poll, Dillard and Ely would be in that group. It is all very close.

I remember Piper's schedule and believe me I called it out just as much as everyone on here.  Piper... 9-2 with a below average schedule but  beat every team they were capable of vs Dillard 6-5 with a good schedule ...Meahh, if there was a difference between those two teams in 2015 it was minimal. The post-season proved that.   Yes, I  remember Piper's  last game game vs Flanagan.  Piper was slaughtered 39-0!  To be honest the same thing would have likely happened to Dillard if they played that game in that atmosphere in the 1st round @ Flanagan.  I remember that Friday the 13th night very well.  That was the same night Dillard was raped by Carol City in the 1st round -  44-6 at Traz Powell!   So it is one and done either way.  Does not matter if it is Losing @ Flanagan 0-39 or  Losing 6-44 @ Traz Powell to Carol City?  Piper and Dillard were both 1 and done and clearly beat by superior teams.  But that was last year.  I am looking at 2016 Piper being a much improved team than in 2015.  Dillard - not so sure yet. 

Overall, I know Piper were bullies last year and beat up on weaker teams but Piper got back a lot, got a couple solid transfers and with the sound coaching they have-  they will be better than last year. So in that 8A-11 District you have a down Deerfield Beach, Piper and likely an improved Stoneman Douglas team.    Cardinal Gibbons and Dillard are also close but I will lean on Cardinal Gibbons to come back stronger from an off year vs Dillard off a usual - erratic year.  What do you think is more likely to happen based on recent history?  Cardinal Gibbons to have back to back losing seasons or Dillard having another Jekyll and Hyde year?  I am not trying to be pessimistic but the facts unfortunately speak from themselves in Dillard's recent years...

Flanagan lost way more ( just over 30 Seniors, 20 to College)  than Deerfield Beach and the Falcons don't even officially have a Head Coach right now.  Deerfield Beach simply returns more talent. But again, a lot can change...

Boyd Anderson returns more talent than what I feel will be a down Plantation team.  Boyd Anderson is another team that was put in check by a superior MC team but I think it will motivate all the returnees in 2016.

Overall, I feel Broward County will be down this year from last.  Specifically the publics.  Looking at Flanagan, Deerfield Beach and Hallandale last year, I doubt you will have any 2016 public team on their level.  Only AHP and STA in 2016.

I put the teams into groups based on how close I feel they are (in April).  If it was a top 12 poll, Dillard and Ely would be in that group. It is all very close.

I remember Piper's schedule and believe me I called it out just as much as everyone on here.  Piper... 9-2 with a below average schedule but  beat every team they were capable of vs Dillard 6-5 with a good schedule ...Meahh, if there was a difference between those two teams in 2015 it was minimal. The post-season proved that.   Yes, I  remember Piper's  last game game vs Flanagan.  Piper was slaughtered 39-0!  To be honest the same thing would have likely happened to Dillard if they played that game in that atmosphere in the 1st round @ Flanagan.  I remember that Friday the 13th night very well.  That was the same night Dillard was raped by Carol City in the 1st round -  44-6 at Traz Powell!   So it is one and done either way.  Does not matter if it is Losing @ Flanagan 0-39 or  Losing 6-44 @ Traz Powell to Carol City?  Piper and Dillard were both 1 and done and clearly beat by superior teams.  But that was last year.  I am looking at 2016 Piper being a much improved team than in 2015.  Dillard - not so sure yet. 

Overall, I know Piper were bullies last year and beat up on weaker teams but Piper got back a lot, got a couple solid transfers and with the sound coaching they have-  they will be better than last year. So in that 8A-11 District you have a down Deerfield Beach, Piper and likely an improved Stoneman Douglas team.    Cardinal Gibbons and Dillard are also close but I will lean on Cardinal Gibbons to come back stronger from an off year vs Dillard off a usual - erratic year.  What do you think is more likely to happen based on recent history?  Cardinal Gibbons to have back to back losing seasons or Dillard having another Jekyll and Hyde year?  I am not trying to be pessimistic but the facts unfortunately speak from themselves in Dillard's recent years...

Flanagan lost way more ( just over 30 Seniors, 20 to College)  than Deerfield Beach and the Falcons don't even officially have a Head Coach right now.  Deerfield Beach simply returns more talent. But again, a lot can change...

Boyd Anderson returns more talent than what I feel will be a down Plantation team.  Boyd Anderson is another team that was put in check by a superior MC team but I think it will motivate all the returnees in 2016.

Just in case Tell me What all Did Dillard lose? Talent Wise ...& also wouldn't be Replaced by a just as Good or better Under class man Or transfer ...also add into the fact they have some coaching additions as well ...not saying Top 5 in broward but I'm just saying .. & Come on PIPERDILLARD if Piper Had Dillard Schedule They Wouldn't Even Have made the playoffs Dillard has made the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 years after not being there since 08 Even BLOWING out a Just as Good carol city Team (who Favord by 28 points that Game might I add) as it was last year Obviously every year is different but I believe in MY OPINION that Dillard has more consistency then PIPER who Struk Fools Gold With a Beyond Weak Schedule

& also let's just keep it 100 the only Teams Bringing Home Trophies in Broward For the next Few Years is STA & any other team with a Million 1 transfers & D1 recruits that's it other teams may get to round 2 or 3 but that's it HISTORY proves that.

Just in case Tell me What all Did Dillard lose? Talent Wise ...& also wouldn't be Replaced by a just as Good or better Under class man Or transfer ...also add into the fact they have some coaching additions as well ...not saying Top 5 in broward but I'm just saying .. & Come on PIPERDILLARD if Piper Had Dillard Schedule They Wouldn't Even Have made the playoffs Dillard has made the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 years after not being there since 08 Even BLOWING out a Just as Good carol city Team (who Favord by 28 points that Game might I add) as it was last year Obviously every year is different but I believe in MY OPINION that Dillard has more consistency then PIPER who Struk Fools Gold With a Beyond Weak Schedule

& also let's just keep it 100 the only Teams Bringing Home Trophies in Broward For the next Few Years is STA & any other team with a Million 1 transfers & D1 recruits that's it other teams may get to round 2 or 3 but that's it HISTORY proves that.

You should know this stuff ;) .  You are the MIGHTY_DILLARD_PANTHERS :  Some of this may be incorrect but for starters - an above average QB ( Hasan) , 3 very good WRs (Merrell, Jackson and White),  4 very good OL including Sellars, 3 very good DL (including Williams and Thompson), 3 very good LBs including Ruff.  All of that GONE.  For now Dillard's strong likely returners would be a couple very strong DEs.  But can they keep them there over the summer?

Not sure how underclassman "just as good or better" talent will replace those players (some SEC and ACC) - but I will take your word for it. As far as transfers to Dillard, don't forget that can be a two way street.  As far as Coaching, it can be hit or miss.  In Dillard's case , I think it will likely be better.

Regarding Piper's schedule vs Dillard.  Hypothetically speaking, I think Piper would have likely had a similar 6-5 type record if they had Dillard's 2015 schedule.  How about this ...What if we gave Piper's 2015  schedule to Dillard, Dillard would also likely had an at best identical  9-2 record. (Yes, Dillard would have gotten slaughtered by Deerfield Beach late in the regular season and Flanagan in the playoffs as well - contrary to what you may believe.)    

Piper not making the playoffs  3 of the last 4 years since '08 in Dillard's district.  Seriously dude - Got Insecurity???   It is a April pre-season county poll we assume you wanted opinions for...

I'm done with this topic but there you have it.  Read the information above about your team.  The string was pre-season Broward top 10 .  I put in my April 5th opinion LOL, am I allowed to not feel Dillard is top 10?  Not that I need to,  but have I not backed up my opinion? See above.   It is my opinion and I will stick to it for the time being.  You are clearly welcome to you opinion.  It seems like anytime , myself or anyone for that matter does not give a favorable opinion to Dillard you feel the need to interrogate them. In this case , you asked me the question "Just in case Tell me What all Did Dillard Lose?" -  If you read my reply you will see it is mostly factual, so not only have I given you an opinion but I have educated you and backed that opinion up.  To be honest , in the end I think the difference between Piper, Dillard, Cardinal Gibbons could very well be minimal I simply feel Piper could have a very slight edge for the upcoming 2016 Fall Season - on this early spring day of April 5th, 2016. Not for nothing but my opinion will likely change in 5 months - Duh!  This was supposed to be about a variety teams and as always we have to isolate it to .....you guessed it- Dillard

Don't take it to heart too much, the world is not out to get the Dillard Panthers. We are 6 months away it is just an opinion for a string topic that you yourself proposed....

You should know this stuff ;) .  You are the MIGHTY_DILLARD_PANTHERS :  Some of this may be incorrect but for starters - an above average QB ( Hasan) , 3 very good WRs (Merrell, Jackson and White),  4 very good OL including Sellars, 3 very good DL (including Williams and Thompson), 3 very good LBs including Ruff.  All of that GONE.  For now Dillard's strong likely returners would be a couple very strong DEs.  But can they keep them there over the summer?

Not sure how underclassman "just as good or better" talent will replace those players (some SEC and ACC) - but I will take your word for it. As far as transfers to Dillard, don't forget that can be a two way street.  As far as Coaching, it can be hit or miss.  In Dillard's case , I think it will likely be better.

Regarding Piper's schedule vs Dillard.  Hypothetically speaking, I think Piper would have likely had a similar 6-5 type record if they had Dillard's schedule.  How about this ...What if we gave Piper's schedule to Dillard, Dillard would also likely have an at best 9-2 record. (Yes, Dillard would have gotten slaughtered by Deerfield Beach and Flanagan in the playoffs as well contrary to what you may believe.)    

Piper not making the playoffs  3 of the last 4 years since '08 in Dillard's district.  Seriously dude - Got Insecurity???   It is a April pre-season county poll we assume you wanted opinions for...

I'm done with this topic but there you have it.  Read the information above about your team.  The string was pre-season Broward top 10 .  I put in my April 5th opinion LOL, am I allowed to not feel Dillard is top 10?  Not that I need to,  but have I not backed up my opinion? See above.   It is my opinion and I will stick to it for the time being.  You are clearly welcome to you opinion.  It seems like anytime , myself or anyone for that matter does not give a favorable opinion to Dillard you feel the need to interrogate them. In this case , you asked me the question "Just in case Tell me What all Did Dillard Lose?" -  If you read my reply you will see it is mostly factual, so not only have I given you an opinion but I have educated you and backed that opinion up.  To be honest , in the end I think the difference between Piper, Dillard, Cardinal Gibbons could very well be minimal I simply feel Piper could have very slightly for the upcoming 2016 Fall Season on this early spring day of April 5th, 2016. Not for nothing but my opinion will likely change in 5 months - Duh!  This was supposed to be about a variety teams and as always we have to isolate it to .....you guessed it- Dillard

Don't take it to heart too much, the world is not out to get the Dillard Panthers. We are 6 months away it is just an opinion for a string topic that you yourself proposed....

Y so defensive towards the end @broward??? Just so you know this post was never intended or never JUST was about Dillard I Asked You questions To keep up the dialogue which is the PURPOSE & REASON For a Message board & Message thread. You Gave your Opinion..& what did I say?? Fair Enough NO ONE (even me) As hard as it maybe for u to believe is arguing against that ...again I just wanted to keep the conversation going ask some questions share some facts & keep it moving. But apparently because of past experiences With me & your OWN perception of me u think that if its not all about Dillard or if not Dillard getting any praise then (I) Have a issue. Dude I can careless who says what about Dillard maybe in the past I got in my feelings at times but bro its 2016 I'm past that its APRIL football season don't officially start ubtill AUGUST all I wanna do is keep some CONTINUING football talk going Not just create a thread & its only 3 comments my question your answer then me agreeing with it & that's it. & no the thread was NOT just gonna be about Dillard.! GASP ! I know that's hard for u to believe but other schools was going to be discussed just like it was in the other thread I created. But no pressure bro just let the past Go & let's talk some FOOTBALL.!

I recently saw a "South Florida" top 10 poll that had Atlantic Delray and Hallandale on it. Both of those teams lost almost everything in 2015. Atlantic Delray was pretty clearly the best team in Palm Beach County last year. Doubt they will be top 5 in PB this year. I'm thinking Dwyer, Oxbridge Academy, Glades Central, and AHD in no specific order will be among the top teams in PB County in 2016.

I recently saw a "South Florida" top 10 poll that had Atlantic Delray and Hallandale on it. Both of those teams lost almost everything in 2015. Atlantic Delray was pretty clearly the best year in Palm Beach County last year. Doubt they will be top 5 this year. I'm thinking Dwyer, Oxbridge Academy, Glades Central, and AHD in no specific order will be among the top teams in PB County in 2016.

That Sounds about right With the PBC schools.

• 2 months later...

Lots of changes in almost 10 weeks since we last touched this string... I figured I would dust off this string and get it going for a couple days:

STA

AHP

Chaminade-Madonna

Deerfield Beach

Boyd Anderson

Flanagan

Dillard

Miramar

Piper

McArthur

Others to  watch:  *Cardinal Gibbons, Blanche Ely, Cypress Bay, Stoneman Douglas, Western

*= watch this one real close.

Lots of changes in almost 10 weeks since we last touched this string... I figured I would dust off this string and get it going for a couple days:

STA

AHP

Chaminade-Madonna

Deerfield Beach

Boyd Anderson

Flanagan

Dillard

Miramar

Piper

McArthur

Others to  watch:  *Cardinal Gibbons, Blanche Ely, Cypress Bay, Stoneman Douglas, Western

*= watch this one real close.

Deerfield beach is going to be real dirty this year. Cardinal gibbons has lost alot to so idk about them

Deerfield beach is going to be real dirty this year. Cardinal gibbons has lost alot to so idk about them

Deerfield Beach is 2 strong players in the secondary away from making a deep 8A run IMO.  If I am not mistaken DFB does not have one player in the secondary with any offers while losing:

Defense D1 Players:

James Pierre - 3* DB to UNC

Aaron Robinson- 4 * ATH/DB to Alabama

Simeon Brown - 2* S to Albany

Other Key Losses:  DB Kimar Martin, DB Melvin Delrico - Juco, D2 or D3 players

We all love offensive weapons until the nitty/gritty playoffs are around.  That is where you need to have that elite Defense IMO.

I know Cardinal Gibbons lost  2-3  very good players the last few weeks but they still have a few remaining.  I put the * next to Gibbons because they are just a team to keep an eye on.  Perhaps  better or worse but for now I still have them as an 11-15 type team in Broward IMO.

Deerfield Beach is 2 strong players in the secondary away from making a deep 8A run IMO. If I am not mistaken DFB does not have one player in the secondary with any offers while losing:

Defense D1 Players:

James Pierre - 3* DB to UNC

Aaron Robinson- 4 * ATH/DB to Alabama

Simeon Brown - 2* S to Albany

Other Key Losses: DB Kimar Martin, DB Melvin Delrico - Juco, D2 or D3 players

We all love offensive weapons until the nitty/gritty playoffs are around. That is where you need to have that elite Defense IMO.

I know Cardinal Gibbons lost 2-3 very good players the last few weeks but they still have a few remaining. I put the * next to Gibbons because they are just a team to keep an eye on. Perhaps better or worse but for now I still have them as an 11-15 type team in Broward IMO.

To be fair judging a HIGH SCHOOL talent off of offers from COLLEGE teams is edgy at best, some players are not ment to play college but can still be a great high school player and sometimes players get overlooked, ik from personal experience, playoff success can contribute to more offers, Columbia went from 3 in 2014 to 8 in 2015, first round vs 4th round, as well as all 4 dbs got college signings but only one has a offer before the season, some don't get noticed until the last minute for one reason or another but then again that's Columbia, maybe Deerfield beach doesent have that issue lol

To be fair judging a HIGH SCHOOL talent off of offers from COLLEGE teams is edgy at best, some players are not ment to play college but can still be a great high school player and sometimes players get overlooked, ik from personal experience, playoff success can contribute to more offers, Columbia went from 3 in 2014 to 8 in 2015, first round vs 4th round, as well as all 4 dbs got college signings but only one has a offer before the season, some don't get noticed until the last minute for one reason or another but then again that's Columbia, maybe Deerfield beach doesent have that issue lol

Aren't you the same guy that is not happy with the way STA has loaded rosters of 3 and 4* recruits? ;-)

If it does not matter then don't worry about STA loading up highly rated players....Just saying. ;-)

I still would rather have 3 and 4* players than not...just me.

I think at 9 and 10...it's a coin toss.  McArthur will be there, outside of South Broward (who I hear is trying to load up) their toughest challenge won't come until the playoffs against St Thomas (7A).  :) I think the following schools could fall in that 9-10 range and possibly move up with some added pieces or better yet great coaching of what's already there.

-McArthur

-Hallandale

-Cardinal Gibbons

-Plantation

-Piper

-Ely

-South Broward

I think at 9 and 10...it's a coin toss.  McArthur will be there, outside of South Broward (who I hear is trying to load up) their toughest challenge won't come until the playoffs against St Thomas (7A).  :) I think the following schools could fall in that 9-10 range and possibly move up with some added pieces or better yet great coaching of what's already there.

-McArthur

-Hallandale

-Cardinal Gibbons

-Plantation

-Piper

-Ely

-South Broward

I also have heard some positives about South Broward heading in the right direction  .  Hallandale, Plantation and even Coconut Creek to me are wildcards.  They surely won't be close to last year but have the potential to be above average.  All have new blood for HCs so we'll see...