Columbia @ Apopka kickoff classic

DisabledAccount

16 days out from Apopka vs Columbia part 2, I'll give a overview when it gets closer to game day, is there anyone who expects game to be close?

The game could be close if Columbia has an outstanding offense. However, I am pretty sure that Apopka is going to score early and often. Two offensive linemen that one day probably play in the NFL are going to open up a lot of holes for the running game. And, I expect Apopka to pass the ball much more effectively than last year. Apopka's defense will be good, but if you have a real good quarterback that does not get rattled under pressure, you may be able to put up some points. 

By design, Apopka's defense always leaves room for screens and other short passes in the flats. The overarching objective has always to bring pressure up front. 

The game could be close if Columbia has an outstanding offense. However, I am pretty sure that Apopka is going to score early and often. Two offensive linemen that one day probably play in the NFL are going to open up a lot of holes for the running game. And, I expect Apopka to pass the ball much more effectively than last year. Apopka's defense will be good, but if you have a real good quarterback that does not get rattled under pressure, you may be able to put up some points.

By design, Apopka's defense always leaves room for screens and other short passes in the flats. The overarching objective has always to bring pressure up front.

Our quarter back is very good and has ability to beat teams throwing or running, try pulling up some highlights on hudl or maxpreps so sounds like this game might be a underrated game that could end with excitement

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2889558/highlights

Theirs our quarterbacks highlights from hudl, feel free to check it out

I have taken a look. He has a good arm and, while I don't regard him as dual threat, he is not immobile. Here is a key question:How experienced and good do you expect your offensive line to be this year?

If the line can buy him protection, he could rack up some passing yards. If he is under constant pressure, then Columbia will be in trouble. 

BTW, how did you beat Bolles at Bolles but lose to Viera? 

I have taken a look. He has a good arm and, while I don't regard him as dual threat, he is not immobile. Here is a key question:How experienced and good do you expect your offensive line to be this year?

If the line can buy him protection, he could rack up some passing yards. If he is under constant pressure, then Columbia will be in trouble.

BTW, how did you beat Bolles at Bolles but lose to Viera?

Everyone picked us to lose at Bolles and we had no distractions

Viera we had all pressure on us and hundreds of little distractions around us the whole week, probley had something to do with it, also our ol will be better this year then last year

• 2 weeks later...

7 days till Columbia @ Apopka for kickoff classic, so far from what I seen Columbia will end up being more talented overall then last season and should be talented enough to win the north and from what I saw with how the team performed over the summer they enjoy competition against other teams and them being able to beat teams like armwood and mainland during camps makes me feel that as long as we stay healthy we should be good enough to win the north but results may not happen immediately and a game like this would be better if it was week 6 or 7 then kickoff but im looking forward to how we do in our first real game action since viera as we got 2 weeks till we play week 1 opener at rival Gainesville

7 days till Columbia @ Apopka for kickoff classic, so far from what I seen Columbia will end up being more talented overall then last season and should be talented enough to win the north and from what I saw with how the team performed over the summer they enjoy competition against other teams and them being able to beat teams like armwood and mainland during camps makes me feel that as long as we stay healthy we should be good enough to win the north but results may not happen immediately and a game like this would be better if it was week 6 or 7 then kickoff but im looking forward to how we do in our first real game action since viera as we got 2 weeks till we play week 1 opener at rival Gainesville

So in short... nothing has changed since yesterday.