Early season title game predictions

DisabledAccount

Different years, different teams, too early to say that anything is locked in place, besides my whole idea was to get people's thoughts on title Matchups xD, is STA a clear cut favorite, yes, but too early to say that it will be another blowout lol

Well here is a hint.  If no one in SFL beats STA there is a very good chance that the 7A North team will be challenged. 

And even if it is a sacrificial lamb i still want to hear a accuall team name xD

If you want a name of the most likely team that may play and have a chance against STA it could be Lakeland IMO...

And besides main reason I made trend was outside of 7 on 7 camps I haven't seen any major football talk since spring ended and thought I would make a trend to start the conversation

I hear you but perhaps we could talk about a more competitive class than 7A which as Captain Morgan pointed out has been a joke from the North for the last few years.  

Lakeland and Plant would probably be the most prepared teams to face STA in a big game.  

Lakeland and Plant would probably be the most prepared teams to face STA in a big game.  

Offensively, Lakeland should be loaded this year. Robinson, Davis and Hotchkiss coming into their senior year and adding Lorenz Deshazer from Lakeland Christian as another WR. Defensively, they will have some holes to fill. But they seem to just plug people in on defense every year and not miss a beat. Biggest early season test will be against Carol City. Beyond that, Kathleen and Winter Haven will likely be the only other 'tests'.

With that being said, I agree that teams from the north are pretty much fighting to lose to STA. I hope that is not the case, but the trend seems to be continuing.

Broward i dont know if Trenton is gonna have enough to get it done this year,, I do think we will win the district but we are not as good as we where last year. 

Gotcha...I will still think a Trenton that is 60% of what is was last year has a good shot to repeat.  There are now what, maybe 3 teams in 1A that can play with Trenton instead of none?

Broward you could probably take Madison every year in 1A and come out money ahead. Madison by their own admission was down last year and only lost to the best Trenton team they will ever have by 9 points. Madison graduated 25 seniors and have another 25 or so this year. So year in and year out they just have way more horses than most folks. To me 1A looks like this

Top tier

Madison Co

2nd tier

Trenton

St Joe

Dixie Co

3rd tier

Blountstown

Ft Meade

Pahokee

Ft White

Broward you could probably take Madison every year in 1A and come out money ahead. Madison by their own admission was down last year and only lost to the best Trenton team they will ever have by 9 points. Madison graduated 25 seniors and have another 25 or so this year. So year in and year out they just have way more horses than most folks. To me 1A looks like this

Top tier

Madison Co

2nd tier

Trenton

St Joe

Dixie Co

3rd tier

Blountstown

Ft Meade

Pahokee

Ft White

Thanks for breaking 2016 1A down Captain.  I could definitely learn more about 1A.  I kept an eye on it late last season and saw how Trenton was handling teams and it was 1A scary.  I was pretty interested in it and followed the playoffs with a bit of interest actually. The only team that could sniff Trenton was indeed Madison County.  Madison County also played a harder schedule than Trenton as well.  Last year.  Madison opened @ a pretty good Rickards team and held their own 14-20 .  The following week were handled 0-27  @ a pretty good Brooks County (GA) team and then were slaughtered by a very good  Wakulla team 37-0.  Finally in week 4 Madison County squeaked by a decent  3A Florida State University team 14-10 and went on a 1A buzzsaw tear until they faced Trenton.

It appears Madison County generally plays a harder schedule in recent years than Trenton for whatever reason....  If Madison County was down last year and are stronger this year factored with Trenton being down-  you are right Madison County should be favored in 1A.

Top tier

Madison Co

2nd tier

Trenton

St Joe

Dixie Co

3rd tier

Blountstown

Ft Meade

Pahokee

Ft White

Hey Cap I think the only thing I would do is maybe move Trenton to 1st tier based on last years performance.  The 2nd and third tier teams are so close one play may be the difference.  I know PSJ and Trenton will both have question marks but their meeting in week 3 should answer a lot of them.  Blountstown is always well coached and tough so you can never count them out in the north. Darkhorse out of the south, Jefferson County just for old times sake.

I think for me North Florida is watered down and has been for a while now. Besides Bolles, Trinity Christian Academy and Columbia who's really a threat. I believe most of the talented schools come from Central and South Florida. I'll name a few or attempt to.

Mainland

Apopka

Dr. Phillips

Osceola

Bishop Moore

Plant

Armwood

Lakeland

Cocoa

Trenton

Naples

Dwyer

St. Thomas Aquinas

American Heritage (Plantation)

Columbus

Flanagan

Miami Central

Booker T. Washington

I think for me North Florida is watered down and has been for a while now. Besides Bolles, Trinity Christian Academy and Columbia who's really a threat. I believe most of the talented schools come from Central and South Florida. I'll name a few or attempt to.

Mainland

Apopka

Dr. Phillips

Osceola

Bishop Moore

Plant

Armwood

Lakeland

Cocoa

Trenton

Naples

Dwyer

St. Thomas Aquinas

American Heritage (Plantation)

Columbus

Flanagan

Miami Central

Booker T. Washington

Trenton is just a little south of Gainesville so they are north Florida but I get what you saying and until this last season when we went to final 4 we were considered to no longer be true threat but problem is that the historically good programs are not holding their weight, i.e.. Lincoln, Leon, heck even a team like saint Augustine has started to show signs of decline and it's hurting the once great programs and made them average and younger teams that took their place just are not good enough to fully hold those shoes they took while south Florida teams are loaded in talent and are in full control

Trenton is just a little south of Gainesville so they are north Florida but I get what you saying and until this last season when we went to final 4 we were considered to no longer be true threat but problem is that the historically good programs are not holding their weight, i.e.. Lincoln, Leon, heck even a team like saint Augustine has started to show signs of decline and it's hurting the once great programs and made them average and younger teams that took their place just are not good enough to fully hold those shoes they took while south Florida teams are loaded in talent and are in full control

I'm not sure if I'd say NoFla is watered down as much as there are just so many more schools in the South and Central regions.  North Florida has- 8A just 5 teams out of 89, 7A 13 out of 86, 6A 17 out of 79, 5A 26 out of 82, 4A 14 out 40, 3A 7 out of 29, 2A 6 out of 31, 1A 35 out of 40. The problem this creates for the larger schools is scheduling teams your size. You end up playing smaller schools and if you are way better your premier players are getting pulled before they get the work they need to be their best. When you get deeper into the playoffs you go against South Fla teams that have a battle every week. I think that makes sense.