3A?

DisabledAccount

I posted on 3A just after the Spring ended; however, I only posted the top 5 teams. I won't rehash what I mentioned; however, I will post a top 10 now than my Hubby, myself and brother have learned a bit more.

My top 10 going into Fall in 3A.

1) Jacksonville Trinity (3x Defending State-Championship, loaded athletically)
2) Clearwater Central Catholic (4x defending Regional Champion, 15 players with at least 1 d-1 offer, veteran team, well rounded).
3) American Heritage Delray (2x defending Southern Championship, major graduating class, but still talented enough to make a run)
4) Chaminade-Madonna (20 players with at least 1 d-1 offer, composed mostly of transfers. Proven coaching. Toughest run to 3A championship due to late season schedule).
5) Tampa Catholic ( Strong offensive group, defense should be improved from last year. Playing @ Bergen Catholic, will represent Florida)
6) Oxbridge Academy (Lost Doug Socha as coach, but enough talent to make things interesting. Still waiting to see who transfers in and out)
7) Orlando First Academy (Underrated group of athletes that run the Wing-T, should have a very strong roster in 2016)
8) Berkley Prep (Lead by Tampa Bay Buc's head coach son at QB, a strong- fleet footed offensive line and talented play makers at WR. Berkeley could make noise)
9) Lakeland Christian (Talented group that had a big graduating class and suffered from some key transfers out, part of a tough 3 team district).
10) Ocala Trinity Catholic (Celtics suffered a rough season in 2015, 2016 term should start making solid gains)

The popular preseason prediction is JaxTCA vs Chaminade in the finals. I do believe that JaxTCA will be in the finals; however, Chaminade will come up a few plays short after playing a 5 week gauntlet of double-tough teams.

I see your final 4 being  JaxTCA hosting Tampa Catholic  in the North.  I see CCC hosting Chaminade in the South.  I've got JaxTCA 42-21 over Tampa Catholic and I've got CCC over Chaminade 28-24 in the South.

I see JaxTCA and CCC going tooth and nail for most of the game, but in the 4th JaxTCA makes timely plays and pulls out a 35-24 win for a 4th consecutive state championship.

JaxTCA has the easiest path to the state finals as they should host all 3 playoff games. Rounds 1 and 2 will be teams that JaxTCA will easily overpower. Rd 3 I believe they'll host Tampa Catholic- a team they beat 49-7 last year in the final 4. Now, Tampa Catholic is better this year- but they're still 3 TD's behind..and that's assuming they're healthy.

So, the question is- is there a team in 3A that can upset a well-rested JaxTCA team in the finals and the answer is, probably not. So, the next question is- which 3A team gives JaxTCA their toughest game? Some feel Chaminade, some feel CCC, some feel AHD. 

JaxTCA has the easiest path to the state finals as they should host all 3 playoff games. Rounds 1 and 2 will be teams that JaxTCA will easily overpower. Rd 3 I believe they'll host Tampa Catholic- a team they beat 49-7 last year in the final 4. Now, Tampa Catholic is better this year- but they're still 3 TD's behind..and that's assuming they're healthy.

So, the question is- is there a team in 3A that can upset a well-rested JaxTCA team in the finals and the answer is, probably not. So, the next question is- which 3A team gives JaxTCA their toughest game? Some feel Chaminade, some feel CCC, some feel AHD. 

If Chaminade Madonna can compete with Flanagan and IMG while avoiding injury in their final two regular season games ..I like their chances against TCA.

I still am not writing off Oxbridge Academy yet either.  

• 3 weeks later...

The Trinity Catholic Celtics, after years of being one of the top teams in 3A, slipped last season due to a combination of a new head coach and assistants, a young team with few Seniors, 2 or 3 D-1 players that transferred to public schools before the start of the season, and our starting QB going down with a season ending injury a little more than half way through the season. Hopefully this coming season will be a whole lot different than 2015. A large portion of  the roster will be Seniors and they have now had a year to get used to a different style of coaching under Joe Sturdivant and company. I believe it will be more of a rushing team as opposed to a passing team like in years past. The Celtics have 4 excellent backs and a big experienced OL. Ryan Miller, at QB, is a Senior and is healthy again. I've attached a video of Senior RB Cameron Thompson during his Junior year. Coach Sturdivent started to utilize him a little later than I would have liked. However, this young man is a barn burner. I have nicknamed him "Crazy Legs" for his style of running. Not quite 4.4 speed. But, close enough to get the job done.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/3282692/5721d45f0dcb0d12f87838f4