3A Trinity Christian - Will they be unstoppable this season?

Proseteye

It's true what you say. 3A TCA is a private parochial school that has about 550 to 600 students. 3A OTC is a private parochial school that has about 550 to 600 students. According to Maxpreps TCA has a roster of 71. OTC has a roster of 41. I'll let the numbers do the talking.

71 including jv right?

I hope chaminade can stay healthy after that IMG game, I have seen a lot of IMG games since their exsistence and some of their players literally are out their trying to put people out and with that being IMG 2nd to last game of their season I wouldn't put it past IMG trying to knock some of them guys out, it's sad but they get dirty sometimes

I totally agree with James here. IMG have, and will take cheap shots. Just ask Judson who missed 2 games with cracked ribs after completing a pass. The LB was clearly 5 steps away and still hit Judson in the ribs with a diving tackle. They were supposed to play again this year, but I think Wilks told IMG to take a hike.

I totally agree with James here. IMG have, and will take cheap shots. Just ask Judson who missed 2 games with cracked ribs after completing a pass. The LB was clearly 5 steps away and still hit Judson in the ribs with a diving tackle. They were supposed to play again this year, but I think Wilks told IMG to take a hike.

Refs didn't throw a flag im guessing?

I totally agree with James here. IMG have, and will take cheap shots. Just ask Judson who missed 2 games with cracked ribs after completing a pass. The LB was clearly 5 steps away and still hit Judson in the ribs with a diving tackle. They were supposed to play again this year, but I think Wilks told IMG to take a hike.

catscratch I was at that game and remember the exact play you're talking about on Judson, their was a lot of late hits in that game that wern't called at all

Chaminade @ Flanagan on 10/28 and hosting IMG on 11/5 will certainly get them ready for the playoffs but you hope Chaminade can stay healthy...

You don't schedule like that if you don't have a stick n I think Chaminade has that stick n I'm hearing a lot of noise from over there....

Chaminade's end of season schedule is impressive; however, American Heritage Delrays Mid-season schedule is just silly:

9/3 at St. John's in Washington DC
9/9 at Glades Central
9/16 Miami Northwestern
9/29 at Oxbridge Academy
10/7 Miami Norland
10/21 @ Navarre

I'm curious if AHD will fly to the Panhandle for the Navarre game as that's about a 10 hour bus ride if they drive. 

Chaminade and AHD have a "stick' as Zoe Boy put it, but don't get it twisted. They're playing these games because nobody else will play them. Moose even said so in a video interview when asked about the potential new playoff system in Spring.  Here's the interview itself: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/high-school/article77287892.html

71 including jv right?

Have no idea, Columbia. However, the roster is under the Varsity heading. TCA is basically what you would call a sister school with OTC. I have supported them, as I have supported OTC, down through the years. I want them to win. However, if they do have only an actual Varsity roster of 40-45, as we do, how can they regularly defeat powerhouse teams in 5A, 6A, 7A, and 8A, including IMG? Not just defeat them but destroy them. To compete with higher classification teams, that have 70-100 players, you can't have players that, are not just super good but, go both ways. Not physically probable. That is why I am thinking that possibly 71 players is about right. Now, I may be completely wrong on this and that TCA has 40-45 players that are super good and that do go both ways and in the process destroy their opposition. If that is the case then I think that they are just a super team that is an enigma. I remember a few years back, when TCA also had a plethora of athletes, they had trouble getting by Newberry. We also defeated them when we met them in the playoffs 44-0. A few years there they never got out of the 1st or 2nd round so we never got to play them. Don't get me wrong, I am in no way demeaning or finding fault with TCA. I simply want to learn what they are doing right to enable them to be one of the top teams in the state and maybe one of the top teams in the nation. 

Have no idea, Columbia. However, the roster is under the Varsity heading. TCA is basically what you would call a sister school with OTC. I have supported them, as I have supported OTC, down through the years. I want them to win. However, if they do have only an actual Varsity roster of 40-45, as we do, how can they regularly defeat powerhouse teams in 5A, 6A, 7A, and 8A, including IMG? Not just defeat them but destroy them. To compete with higher classification teams, that have 70-100 players, you can't have players that, are not just super good but, go both ways. Not physically probable. That is why I am thinking that possibly 71 players is about right. Now, I may be completely wrong on this and that TCA has 40-45 players that are super good and that do go both ways and in the process destroy their opposition. If that is the case then I think that they are just a super team that is an enigma. I remember a few years back, when TCA also had a plethora of athletes, they had trouble getting by Newberry. We also defeated them when we met them in the playoffs 44-0. A few years there they never got out of the 1st or 2nd round so we never got to play them. Don't get me wrong, I am in no way demeaning or finding fault with TCA. I simply want to learn what they are doing right to enable them to be one of the top teams in the state and maybe one of the top teams in the nation.

They do have several 2 way players

Columbia,

Yes, JaxTCA will allow players with enough potential to play on Varsity as early as 7th grade- a few years ago, they had numerous 8th graders playing in the 4th quarter of a state championship game. American Heritage is very similar as Devin Singletary saw playing time as an 8th grader- their star RB/CB now Alec Sincfield played as an 8th grader I believe as well, Lakeland Christian as well. Their star QB Christian Alexander started for Coach Peace as an 8th grader. 

A year or so ago- I wrote an article on the K-12 advantage in 3A and looked at the years 2011-2015. Outside of CCC and Ocala Trinity, every school that played in the finals was a K-12 school or a 6-12 school. It's also pretty dramatic looking at 3A teams in the Final 4 as only CCC/OTC/Tampa Catholic are non K-12 in the same time-frame.

Columbia,

Yes, JaxTCA will allow players with enough potential to play on Varsity as early as 7th grade- a few years ago, they had numerous 8th graders playing in the 4th quarter of a state championship game. American Heritage is very similar as Devin Singletary saw playing time as an 8th grader- their star RB/CB now Alec Sincfield played as an 8th grader I believe as well, Lakeland Christian as well. Their star QB Christian Alexander started for Coach Peace as an 8th grader.

A year or so ago- I wrote an article on the K-12 advantage in 3A and looked at the years 2011-2015. Outside of CCC and Ocala Trinity, every school that played in the finals was a K-12 school or a 6-12 school. It's also pretty dramatic looking at 3A teams in the Final 4 as only CCC/OTC/Tampa Catholic are non K-12 in the same time-frame.

Ok does that mean they play more then 4 years of eligibility?

That is correct. They're technically eligible as early as 6th grade if the school is classified as a K-12 school. I believe the only time I've heard of a 7th grader on varsity was a linemen at Uschool in 2011 or 2012. I've never seen or heard of a 6th grader; however, there's tons of president for 8th graders among a variety of classes, especially in 3A and the old 2B/2A classes.

Columbia,

Jessica..................I'm wondering if that is the predominate reason, although it may be a contributing fact I'm quite sure. OTC, although they have a separate elementary school called Blessed Trinity (K-8), I don't believe they are allowed to play on the OTC teams. OTC, however, does receive a lot of kids out of the MCYFL (Marion County Youth Football) program. Also, most students at OTC are 4 year students. So, most of the players start on the JV in 9th grade. I would imagine that TCA, and especially since they have gotten notoriety, gets quite a few good transfers in from the many public high schools in the JAX area. OTC does not get many transfers from Marion County public schools. In fact, we lose players to the public schools, like our only 2 D-1 players last season. I'm pretty sure that the availability of players, coming from large public schools, is a big factor in both TCA and CCC's rise to the top of the heep. 

Proset,

My theory is, players transfer to the best programs; however, the best programs are great  not because of transfers- it's because they've already established a strong system and the transfers compliment what they have already.  JaxTCA was already a strong, championship-level program even before their most recent streak; however, Coach Dominey has been doing this a lot time- his staff haw a system and while a few guys transfer in that help them, the guys they have internally are already game-ready and can contribute.

Let's look at a team like Chaminade. Chaminade had a strong program last year and lost a hard-fought rd1 playoff game to Oxbridge, on the road which they actually lead 21-0 at one point I believe. They bring back over 70% of their team from last year. If Chaminade did not get 1 single transfer, simply by virtue of what they had coming back- they were going to be a top 5 3A team.  Now, they start to pick up transfers to compliment what they have already. Coach Milgrom is a well respected, highly accomplished coach and proven winner- people want to play for him and he happens to be at a program that's going to be successful wither a kid transfers there or not.

CCC is another example- the Marauders, who have no shortage of transfers over the past 10 years were already a strong football program and by the late 1990's had overtaken Tampa Catholic as the dominant small private school in Tampa Bay. The 2016 version of CCC already featured superstars like CJ Cotman, Amari Burney the Newton Triplets. This team was going to be awesome no matter what, but then they add Dillan Gibbons and a host of transfers from other schools.

That's generally how I view 3A transfers. The teams kids are transferring were already competitive, but by adding the transfers, the teams go from being competitive in their district or region to nationally ranked small schools etc.