Tampa Jesuit (3)

Tampa Jefferson (3)

Rickards (1)

Wakulla (1)

West Florida(1)

Clay (2)

Merritt Island (4)

North Marion (2)

Others: Ponte Vedra (4),   Ribault (1), Suwannee (1), Miami Jackson (4), Dunbar (3),  Coconut Creek (4), Cardinal Gibbons (4), Hallandale (4), Nature Coast (2) Zephyrhills (2), Palm Bay (4), Stranahan (4)

5A Preseason State (Region)

AHP (4)

Bishop Moore (4)

Tampa Jesuit (3)

Tampa Jefferson (3)

Rickards (1)

Wakulla (1)

West Florida(1)

Clay (2)

Merritt Island (4)

North Marion (2)

Others: Ponte Vedra (4), Ribault (1), Suwannee (1), Miami Jackson (4), Dunbar (3), Coconut Creek (4), Cardinal Gibbons (4), Hallandale (4), Nature Coast (2) Zephyrhills (2), Palm Bay (4), Stranahan (4)

Ribault is my sleeper, I think they benefit from Suwannee being slightly down this year to take that district and do something similar to Raines last year and beat suwaneee twice and get to third round where I pick them to face Wakulla

Ribault is my sleeper, I think they benefit from Suwannee being slightly down this year to take that district and do something similar to Raines last year and beat suwaneee twice and get to third round where I pick them to face Wakulla

5A was very hard for me to do .  I know I have a wildcard or two in my top 10 (West Florida, Merritt Island) but that is what I came up with. 

5A was very hard for me to do . I know I have a wildcard or two in my top 10 (West Florida, Merritt Island) but that is what I came up with.

Truthfully I wasent real impressed with 5A until i took the class apart and realized they got some pretty good teams, maybe not as good as 6-8a but they have some decent teams in there, as for those 2 im not as familiar with them, what about them caught your attention?

Truthfully I wasent real impressed with 5A until i took the class apart and realized they got some pretty good teams, maybe not as good as 6-8a but they have some decent teams in there, as for those 2 im not as familiar with them, what about them caught your attention?

West Florida was only a 6-5 team last year but they did play a fairly sound schedule.  There season ended in the 1st round 39-42 to a pretty good Rickards team.  They return 12 starters from last year, 8 of them being on Defense. Lots of Seniors returning (including the QB) and from what I saw they have some beef on both the OL and DL.  I think they will be stronger this  year and possibly pull an upset in the 1st round.

Merritt Island also returns 12 starters with 6 on Offense and 6 on Defense.  Lots of Seniors and a sound DL.  This is a program that knows success, went 8-4 last year eventually falling to the potent Offense of Bishop Moore 28-49.  I am not going to say they get by Bishop Moore but they probably keep it a little closer than last year and there is no shame on your season ending to the 2015 5A State Champions.  All around should be a sound team.

West Florida was only a 6-5 team last year but they did play a fairly sound schedule. There season ended in the 1st round 39-42 to a pretty good Rickards team. They return 12 starters from last year, 8 of them being on Defense. Lots of Seniors returning (including the QB) and from what I saw they have some beef on both the OL and DL. I think they will be stronger this year and possibly pull an upset in the 1st round.

Merritt Island also returns 12 starters with 6 on Offense and 6 on Defense. Lots of Seniors and a sound DL. This is a program that knows success, went 8-4 last year eventually falling to the potent Offense of Bishop Moore 28-49. I am not going to say they get by Bishop Moore but they probably keep it a little closer than last year and there is no shame on your season ending to the 2015 5A State Champions. All around should be a sound team.

Good insight there

Only real difference I saw in list was Suwannee over Ribault, Suwannee losing their coach plus I heard they lost few players to transfer made me decide to pick Ribault to.win district, what your thoughts on Ribault?

Basically going by the last year result.  You have more insight on that than me.  I will say this,  it's pretty obvious that the best teams in 5a are in region 4, but the best teams in 5a north would have had trouble winning region 3.  Jesuit and Dunbar got no respect last year. 

Basically going by the last year result. You have more insight on that than me. I will say this, it's pretty obvious that the best teams in 5a are in region 4, but the best teams in 5a north would have had trouble winning region 3. Jesuit and Dunbar got no respect last year.

Really even though they lost a lot I see wakulla as best in the 5a north, what can you tell me about region 3?

Really even though they lost a lot I see wakulla as best in the 5a north, what can you tell me about region 3?

The teams in this area all like to run the ball and all have good defenses, therefore a lot of low scoring games.   

Jesuit is on top until proven otherwise.  You saw my thread on Southeast and Hardee - this region is actually full of teams that in any given year can win it all.  The biggest challenge with all of them:  Keeping a coach!

The teams in this area all like to run the ball and all have good defenses, therefore a lot of low scoring games.   

Jesuit is on top until proven otherwise.  You saw my thread on Southeast and Hardee - this region is actually full of teams that in any given year can win it all.  The biggest challenge with all of them:  Keeping a coach!

isn't Jesuit south?