Anquan Boldin is an NFL Hall of Famer

nolebull813

Check these facts out. 

Boldin has 13,779 career yards good for 14th all time. That’s more yards than 31 other hall of fame receivers. 

1076 career receptions is 9th all time, more than 35 hall of fame receivers

he has 82 career touchdowns better than 27 hall of fame receivers 

68 yards per game is better than 27 hall of famers

And his first 6 years he had to play with a top 3 receiver of all time (Larry Fitzgerald)

An unbelievable talent.  I remember watching HS highlights every week and he was certainly the focus, although our running back Willie Green got good airtime during that era as well.  The announcer would always lead the TV program off by saying, "And on the 7th Day God Created Anquan Boldin" before going into the weekly highlights.  Pahokee has to have a special place for him. 

I remember watching the Sugar Bowl vs Georgia in 2002 when Boldin had to come in and play quarterback because the backup Fabian Walker went down. Walker threw a pick 6 in the game before Boldin came in. 

Boldin threw a 40 or 50 yard touchdown pass to Craphonso Thorpe too. 

They came up short 26-13 but when you take your best receiver and stick him at QB, you now lose your best offensive weapon, as well as having your most important position ran by a player who didn’t take snaps in practice at all leading up to the game. 

3 hours ago, Perspective said:

Nolebull, save me the time doing the research, if you don't mind.   Are you saying that Boldin is a HOF'er or should be a HOF'er?   I think the latter.   If so, is coming up on his first year of eligibility? 

I think he should be in the hall of fame no question. Maybe not first ballot depending on the other names, but he’s gotta eventually get in. There is no justification to having Andre Reed and Art Monk in and not Boldin

im not saying they aren’t considering Boldin, I’m just trying to make the case he deserves it 

Nolebull, quick question for you:  in making the argument for any player, is it appropriate to compare them to guys who already are in the HOF or with that player's contemporaries?   Or both?   I suspect over the coming years, there will be several QB's and WR's that will have better statistical numbers than the bottom 30% of existing HOF'ers who played the same positions.   The game has changed.  Just curious what your thoughts are on that argument. 

21 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Nolebull, quick question for you:  in making the argument for any player, is it appropriate to compare them to guys who already are in the HOF or with that player's contemporaries?   Or both?   I suspect over the coming years, there will be several QB's and WR's that will have better statistical numbers than the bottom 30% of existing HOF'ers who played the same positions.   The game has changed.  Just curious what your thoughts are on that argument. 

Yeah I get what you are saying. Guys like Matt Ryan and Philip Rivers have crazy numbers because of their longevity. 

Philip Rivers is 5th all time in passing. He’s gotta be in. But the game changed so much he was never an elite QB at any time imo. He was good to above average. But you can’t deny his stats. It’s hard to justify not putting in a guy who is top 5 in the history of the game