Bergen Catholic vs Tampa Catholic

HSFBfan

Yea they liked my post but left no info....i believe the RB is going to Auburn

Give Jessica a chance. She is pretty well versed on Class 3A here.

But just some of the info I know, they finally got at least 9-games on the schedule. They do have some decent talent from last year's roster coming back. I expect them to get to the state semis once again in Class 3A before they get knocked down by you know who...you got it Jacksonville Trinity Christian!

Give Jessica a chance. She is pretty well versed on Class 3A here.

But just some of the info I know, they finally got at least 9-games on the schedule. They do have some decent talent from last year's roster coming back. I expect them to get to the state semis once again in Class 3A before they get knocked down by you know who...you got it Jacksonville Trinity Christian!

They come up here to NJ on 9/10.....I could care about the size of the school....just wanted to know the talent that they had..who to watch for

Welcome to the board HSFBfan!  Tampa Catholic has been covered quite a bit in many posts here (mostly by myself and a few others) that deals with 3A Football. I haven't posted my Class 3A Preview yet, but I personally have Tampa Catholic ranked #5 in 3A.  I believe Maxpreps has them ranked in the top 40 Florida High Schools for all classes. 

Last year Tampa Catholic finished 10-3 in the Final 4 of Class 3A and was an offensive powerhouse. They return a bulk of their team including star QB Austin Sessums, Toledo commits WR/DB Darius Corbett and Bentlee Sanders. The Crusaders also feature one of the better running backs in America, Devan Barrett who committed to Auburn and had 40+ offers. The Crusaders were the highest scoring team in the Tampa Bay area last year at just under 40ppg and have been bolstered by transfers this off season. Tampa Catholic also has a strong coaching staff with serious NFL ties-  David Lewis, Richard Wood, Jeris McIntyre. They also have big name high school coaches in Dan Mancuso and Mike Fenton. It's also not uncommon to see guys like Kenny Kelly, Darrell Jackson and Quincy Hipps show up on campus and help the team out either. 

The issue with Tampa Catholic has never been their talent- they often feature teams with an impressive amount of talent; however, they rarely show up for big games. Case and point, their biggest rival is Tampa Jesuit, a Class 5A all boys school. It's a rivalry that gets national attention when the week pops up; however, Jesuit has won the past 17 in a row since 1999. Their second biggest rival is Clearwater Central Catholic, whom they're only 4-15 against in 1999. 

As for the general census of the game. Bergen Catholic is going to go into this one as a 2+ TD favorite based on nothing more than depth. Tampa Catholic has added some pieces via transfers over the past few weeks, but their entire roster (including JV) sits around 50. That's actually a slightly above average roster size for 3A this year (JaxTCA withstanding). 

In essence, Tampa Catholic is a very strong 3A Florida high school football team that will field a respectable team. They're expected to be a state team- meaning, a team that makes the final 4; however, they're clearly trying to punch above their weight class in this one as Bergen Catholic has the ability to take away most of the Crusader weapons outside of Devan Barrett, and I don't think one guy can beat BC. 

Welcome to the board HSFBfan!  Tampa Catholic has been covered quite a bit in many posts here (mostly by myself and a few others) that deals with 3A Football. I haven't posted my Class 3A Preview yet, but I personally have Tampa Catholic ranked #5 in 3A.  I believe Maxpreps has them ranked in the top 40 Florida High Schools for all classes. 

Last year Tampa Catholic finished 10-3 in the Final 4 of Class 3A and was an offensive powerhouse. They return a bulk of their team including star QB Austin Sessums, Toledo commits WR/DB Darius Corbett and Bentlee Sanders. The Crusaders also feature one of the better running backs in America, Devan Barrett who committed to Auburn and had 40+ offers. The Crusaders were the highest scoring team in the Tampa Bay area last year at just under 40ppg and have been bolstered by transfers this off season. Tampa Catholic also has a strong coaching staff with serious NFL ties-  David Lewis, Richard Wood, Jeris McIntyre. They also have big name high school coaches in Dan Mancuso and Mike Fenton. It's also not uncommon to see guys like Kenny Kelly, Darrell Jackson and Quincy Hipps show up on campus and help the team out either. 

The issue with Tampa Catholic has never been their talent- they often feature teams with an impressive amount of talent; however, they rarely show up for big games. Case and point, their biggest rival is Tampa Jesuit, a Class 5A all boys school. It's a rivalry that gets national attention when the week pops up; however, Jesuit has won the past 17 in a row since 1999. Their second biggest rival is Clearwater Central Catholic, whom they're only 4-15 against in 1999. 

As for the general census of the game. Bergen Catholic is going to go into this one as a 2+ TD favorite based on nothing more than depth. Tampa Catholic has added some pieces via transfers over the past few weeks, but their entire roster (including JV) sits around 50. That's actually a slightly above average roster size for 3A this year (JaxTCA withstanding). 

In essence, Tampa Catholic is a very strong 3A Florida high school football team that will field a respectable team. They're expected to be a state team- meaning, a team that makes the final 4; however, they're clearly trying to punch above their weight class in this one as Bergen Catholic has the ability to take away most of the Crusader weapons outside of Devan Barrett, and I don't think one guy can beat BC. 

Ummmm....thats funny Crusaders vs Crusaders....They have name this game....the Crusader bowl....Yea i know about Barrett but it sounds like they have some more pieces then that

As for one guy cant beat BC.....go check out Cocoa and how Folston pretty much beat BC by himself. 

And Thank You for the welcome!!!!

No problem- always glad to talk about any of the bay area private schools when I can. Bentlee Sanders is an amazing athlete for Tampa Catholic, IMHO, he's the most popular name behind Barrett. He lost his Sophomore season due to an ACL tear in week 1 against Madison County, but came back with a fury last year.  The big question mark is Darius Corbett. Last year, he had a great year as he played alongside Nate Craig-Myers (now at Auburn) and TE Noah Carlson. Both of those guys are gone, so he's the big name at WR now. He performed well at 7-7 camps; however, we'll see how he reacts during game-time. 

Tampa Catholic received an influx of last second transfers; however, from what research I could gather- these are mostly Sophomores that aren't going to have an immediate impact by the time TC/BC play, but could impact their playoff run down the road. 

No problem- always glad to talk about any of the bay area private schools when I can. Bentlee Sanders is an amazing athlete for Tampa Catholic, IMHO, he's the most popular name behind Barrett. He lost his Sophomore season due to an ACL tear in week 1 against Madison County, but came back with a fury last year.  The big question mark is Darius Corbett. Last year, he had a great year as he played alongside Nate Craig-Myers (now at Auburn) and TE Noah Carlson. Both of those guys are gone, so he's the big name at WR now. He performed well at 7-7 camps; however, we'll see how he reacts during game-time. 

Tampa Catholic received an influx of last second transfers; however, from what research I could gather- these are mostly Sophomores that aren't going to have an immediate impact by the time TC/BC play, but could impact their playoff run down the road. 

I understand.....thats what im worried about when i go see the game....im btw this game and another big NJ game going on at the same time....It sounds like TC is gonna have athletes and that scares me against BC. 

Heres a min or so highlight from Cocoa vs BC.....it was a real shocker in my opinion...Folston was a stud

We met at this game. As a Cocoa fan I was just hoping we could keep it respectable. Good to see you here HSFBfan, as always.

And yes, that is me in the avatar spot. It was taken the same year we played you guys. Not bad for an old guy, huh?

We met at this game. As a Cocoa fan I was just hoping we could keep it respectable. Good to see you here HSFBfan, as always.

And yes, that is me in the avatar spot. It was taken the same year we played you guys. Not bad for an old guy, huh?

Cat is the man......much respect for this gentleman...wish we could get together more often. 

Cocoa was stacked that year and played a near perfect game too.

Yes they did....didnt help that BC played like absolute crap IMO but hey no excuses...cocoa brought up 30 kids and kicked butt....i have more respect for that school then most i can say that

Yes they did....didnt help that BC played like absolute crap IMO but hey no excuses...cocoa brought up 30 kids and kicked butt....i have more respect for that school then most i can say that

Cocoa was known to punch you in the mouth on Friday nights.

Either you have a glass or you can weather the storm and BC failed to do that(on that night).

Always love FL vs. NJ games.

Cat is the man......much respect for this gentleman...wish we could get together more often. 

You had some ballers out there. 2 or 3 times you were 10 yards or less but for mistakes you had us beat.

If I'm ever back in Jersey my wife and i will buy you dinner. It was fun meeting you and I never met a better person of true sportsmanship. I know some of our crew were a little boastful after the game, but your guys were nothing short of gracious.

You had some ballers out there. 2 or 3 times you were 10 yards or less but for mistakes you had us beat.

If I'm ever back in Jersey my wife and i will buy you dinner. It was fun meeting you and I never met a better person of true sportsmanship. I know some of our crew were a little boastful after the game, but your guys were nothing short of gracious.

Yea BC made some bad mistakes but you guys forced those TO with great defensive plays. I would be a very gracious recipient  of that dinner. I know before the game I was def a bit cocky so you guys were def allowed to be boastful all the way back to Florida....It was great meeting you as well. You are a heck of a human being and a great advocate for your team. I would be glad to put on a cocoa jersey and cheer for them at any home game.