8A South

Pipe Dreams

If 8A South plays the way they did in week one all year then they have something coming in December.

-

Four teams up north look like they have separated:

1. Apopka - Prolific offense once again; could score 500+ in regular season

2. Dr. Phillips - Offense struggled with 28 points; defense lights out in all outings

3. Orange City University - Two headed monster at RB with Mickens-Lingard

4. West Orange - They'll score a ton but so will some of their opponents

-

Others to watch out of the north:

Sanford Seminole - I think they are back. Could make an elite-8 run

Manatee - Basketball season is over, offense will continue to light it up 

Mandarin - Program on the rise regardless of talent level 

Lake Brantley - Their QB looked good against Boone (was achilles heel)

If 8A South plays the way they did in week one all year then they have something coming in December.

-

2. Dr. Phillips - Offense struggled with 28 points; defense lights out in all outings

-

Sandalwood and mandrian best 2 publics in duval and both have ability to go decent length in playoffs

-

-

I hear ya Pipe Dreams...I have been preaching 8A 2016 South will be significantly down now for 8 months.  The 8A Palm Beach teams seem to be doing what they are supposed to be doing but the Palm Beach 8A champion has not scored a single point in the post season since 2013 when entering the 3rd round.    As for Broward and Dade the 8A concern would be of Southridge and Deerfield Beach.  They struggled with teams that they should be beating soundly.  Columbus played a pretty good Jackson team and won and Flanagan played a very good Oxbridge team and lost a tight game.  Those teams get a pass because they are down and probably played  to their Week 1 ability.  It is just where they are at for now.  But again, Southridge and Deerfield Beach seem to be the eye openers at the moment.

There are a few other 8A stragglers out there that I am curious about that might be better than we perceive.  North Miami Beach might be one....

The good thing is since 8A started in 2011, it has been pretty balanced with the regions and we did not really have any major blowouts at states.  Keep in mind also that we are basically 3 1/2 months away from Orlando so lots of things can change in 14 weeks.  But if you asked me right now, I would tell you that it there is a better chance the North takes it this year.

I hear ya Pipe Dreams...I have been preaching 8A 2016 South will be significantly down now for 8 months.  The 8A Palm Beach teams seem to be doing what they are supposed to be doing but the Palm Beach 8A champion has not scored a single point in the post season since 2013 when entering the 3rd round.    As for Broward and Dade the 8A concern would be of Southridge and Deerfield Beach.  They struggled with teams that they should be beating soundly.  Columbus played a pretty good Jackson team and won and Flanagan played a very good Oxbridge team and lost a tight game.  Those teams get a pass because they are down and probably played  to their Week 1 ability.  It is just where they are at for now.  But again, Southridge and Deerfield Beach seem to be the eye openers at the moment.

There are a few other 8A stragglers out there that I am curious about that might be better than we perceive.  North Miami Beach might be one....

The good thing is since 8A started in 2011, it has been pretty balanced with the regions and we did not really have any major blowouts at states.  Keep in mind also that we are basically 3 1/2 months away from Orlando so lots of things can change in 14 weeks.  But if you asked me right now, I would tell you that it there is a better chance the North takes it this year.

Southridge looked good in their preseason game and then surprised me by struggling with Edison. Maybe Edison is better than expected? Time will tell. Southridge is definitely loaded. Dade should come down between them and Columbus. 

Like you said, we'll have to keep an eye on NMB. Very impressive preseason game and week 1.