Week 3 Carol City @ Lakeland 09/09/2016 7:30PM

BrowardHandicapper

Lakeland should come out with a better start than they did last year. They were awful the first half of the game (halftime score was 32-7). Finally got it going in the 2nd half, but could only pull it as close as 10 points (Final Score 44-34). Will be interested to see if Carol City gets their starting QB back for this game.

Lakeland has adjusted their pass defense a bit this year by putting James Robinson in on a more consistent basis as a DB, along with Larenz Deshazor. That gives them much more size and speed than they have had in years past at that position. And overall, the defense has played much more consistent throughout the first part of the year (0 points allowed through the KOC and weeks 1 & 2).

With that being said, I am having a hard time gauging this game. I never expected Carol City to start 0-2. And they still have scary good athletes on that team.

Lakeland should come out with a better start than they did last year. They were awful the first half of the game (halftime score was 32-7). Finally got it going in the 2nd half, but could only pull it as close as 10 points (Final Score 44-34). Will be interested to see if Carol City gets their starting QB back for this game.

Lakeland has adjusted their pass defense a bit this year by putting James Robinson in on a more consistent basis as a DB, along with Larenz Deshazor. That gives them much more size and speed than they have had in years past at that position. And overall, the defense has played much more consistent throughout the first part of the year (0 points allowed through the KOC and weeks 1 & 2).

With that being said, I am having a hard time gauging this game. I never expected Carol City to start 0-2. And they still have scary good athletes on that team.

Carol city will score but question is how much, and they very talented but have yet to prove they can win and until they do got to go with Lakeland in this game

Carol city had their Qb last week.

Just want to compliment the AP with their sharp work of having Lakeland at #1 in 7A ahead of STA and several other teams going into this week....

I honestly do believe that Lakeland will get their stuff together and make a late run but right now, it is tough to call them a top 5 team in 7A IMO.

Top 5 yes but STA should been number 1

Just want to compliment the AP with their sharp work of having Lakeland at #1 in 7A ahead of STA and several other teams going into this week....

I honestly do believe that Lakeland will get their stuff together and make a late run but right now, it is tough to call them a top 5 team in 7A IMO.

Should never have any rankings until week 4-5. Having said that, I agree that STA should not have lost their position after losing to a BTW team that would have throttled any other team in 7A.

Should never have any rankings until week 4-5. Having said that, I agree that STA should not have lost their position after losing to a BTW team that would have throttled any other team in 7A.

I just think it was an early season snub that a lot of the STA haters in the media could take advantage of - with STA losing at the goal line to a top 5 National team.  Lakeland happened to be the best pre-season option to many at the time so they went with it.  I would agree that the fewer rankings the AP does- the better.  Pre-season, mid-season, reg-final and post-season final would be fine.

If I know just a bit about Lakeland football the Carol City loss at Home will be a serious kick in the a$$ to the program and it has shown Lakeland where they need to be if they want to make noise in 7A this year.

I just think it was an early season snub that a lot of the STA haters in the media could take advantage of - with STA losing at the goal line to a top 5 National team.  Lakeland happened to be the best pre-season option to many at the time so they went with it.  I would agree that the fewer rankings the AP does- the better.  Pre-season, mid-season, reg-final and post-season final would be fine.

If I know just a bit about Lakeland football the Carol City loss at Home will be a serious kick in the a$$ to the program and it has shown Lakeland where they need to be if they want to make noise in 7A this year.

After St. Thomas goes back to #1, I don't know that anyone can legitimately put the next 9 in any real order in 7A ath this point in the season. My guess is that they'll put Braden River then Dwyer. Venice could jump a few teams as well after drubbing Manatee tonight.

It'll be interesting to see how Lakeland responds to this game. Last year they followed up a couple of games later with a horrible loss to Bartow. They have to clamp down defensively on those open areas in the middle of the field. Carol City had receivers running wide open the entire first half.

After St. Thomas goes back to #1, I don't know that anyone can legitimately put the next 9 in any real order in 7A ath this point in the season. My guess is that they'll put Braden River then Dwyer. Venice could jump a few teams as well after drubbing Manatee tonight.

It'll be interesting to see how Lakeland responds to this game. Last year they followed up a couple of games later with a horrible loss to Bartow. They have to clamp down defensively on those open areas in the middle of the field. Carol City had receivers running wide open the entire first half.

Wide the f open!!! Smh ......

Dwyer and Venice have definitely started well and are probably worthy of top 5 right now.  A  

Well the ap poll just from a bunch of collumists, (most vote for/against teams they never have actually seen) so yeah I can see why they are off quite a bit in their polls, the poll I trust the most so far has been the poll Joshua does on this site, mainly since he has seen a lot of these teams play in person, I know that because I ran into him at Gainesville and Buchholz games lol