District championship discussion/congrats/upsets thread

PinellasFB

Again let me reiterate that I’m not downplaying or minimizing TC…they should have beaten Vero! And anyone who thinks Vero, after losing a 4* QB committed to SMU, and the backup who got all the snaps leading up to the game is a top 10 team in any division in football is belittling the QB position! Vero is a 75% downfield pass team trying to run that offense with a 5’7” 140lb kid that takes all he’s got to throw the ball…so I stand by my statement Vero is NOT a top 10 team right now

4 hours ago, Jimmyb80 said:

Again let me reiterate that I’m not downplaying or minimizing TC…they should have beaten Vero! And anyone who thinks Vero, after losing a 4* QB committed to SMU, and the backup who got all the snaps leading up to the game is a top 10 team in any division in football is belittling the QB position! Vero is a 75% downfield pass team trying to run that offense with a 5’7” 140lb kid that takes all he’s got to throw the ball…so I stand by my statement Vero is NOT a top 10 team right now

I agree Jimmy. I’ma Vero alum, former player, and my father coached there. Total homer. Before injuries yes I would say they are, but as you said we’re a running team now, and we’re not set up to be a smash mouth team. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/31/2022 at 8:49 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I don't think Vero Beach realizes how many great teams are out there because they don't put half the effort into facing top level competition that some teams including Treasure Coast do 

If Vero had to play Chaminade or STA they would be shell shocked from the sudden jump in competition from the Fort Peirce Westwood's of the world and probably get running clocked before they even realize how good their opponent is 

Vero played Chaminade and shut them out 21-0 our defense totally destroyed their offense

1 minute ago, roygod said:

Vero played Chaminade and shut them out 21-0 our defense totally destroyed their offense

You didn't play Chaminade this year which is the best Chaminade team argubly they have ever fielded 

And since you know Vero when's the last time Vero has played a ROAD regular season game in Broward or Dade County?