Weightlifting?

gatorman-uf

Not to steal the thread, but when talking of Florida weightlifting "powerhouses," anyone not mentioning Port Orange Spruce Creek High at the top of the list is strictly clueless on the subject matter. This past weekend they earned their 28th and 29th Team State Championship (since the mid 1970's inception and the resent Olympic addition). No other Florida school comes close. (shameless Volusia County plug).

2 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I did not realize they had remained dominant. Not being the biggest fan of this sport, I put my foot in my mouth. :D

2 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I did not realize they had remained dominant. Not being the biggest fan of this sport, I put my foot in my mouth. :D

Actually, I was being a bit facetious as South Dade is a WRESTLING powerhouse in 3A not weightlifting.  They beat us again in the duals this year and took the team championship again this year while we finished 3rd.  Just aware of them as we are quite good in wrestling (record for us of 16 straight years with at least 1 individual champion) but they just dominate.  This year we had two champions and a couple of runner ups.