Hurricane Matthew and the site

Joshua Wilson

Everyone,

This would have been a normal week except that we had that Hurricane named Matthew.

A lot might not have realized that 63% of teams were in warned zones for a long duration of this storm. That is over 350 programs out of nearly 560.

At that point everything got messed up with this...

Strength of Schedule, Rankings, Scoreboards, Tracking Scores, Games of the Week, etc.

However, I am not going to cry over this and be upset about it. No need to.

Hurricanes are no joke. We got a major scare here. We got lucky it didn't come onshore at all.

However, there are some areas that are going to take a few weeks to see any sense of normalcy.

I am still debating what to do with Strength of Schedule and the Rankings. I felt like I tried, but just too ambition has gotten to me again. So this one is on me for going so hard on the ambition to make something work.

Now I will say this...this has been a great time for me to recharge my batteries to speak and lay down a better sense of direction for the site. While I really like covering all the teams as much as possible, it is theoretically impossible. Top teams have to come first from this point forward, the upsets and surprises second and then everything else last if I can get to it.

If you got anything you want to suggest I do or look at, please feel free to post here. I am all ears at this point.

Honestly you should probley consider this week a dead week when doing the rankings since so many teams didn't play and it would be hard to judge the ones who did play vs ones who didn't

Im not even gonna change my top 25 or class rankings since so many teams didn't play so I'll wait till next week before redoing my rankings

I think you have been doing prettygood with it and appreciate the effort.  This week was crazy and there are more important things than football(not many though). Yall did a great job with the updates during the storm.  Keep plugging away on the sos polls so that you have it all figured out for next year.  Thanks for all yall do.

I think you have been doing prettygood with it and appreciate the effort.  This week was crazy and there are more important things than football(not many though). Yall did a great job with the updates during the storm.  Keep plugging away on the sos polls so that you have it all figured out for next year.  Thanks for all yall do.

Thanks, Shark! I have talked to someone about a developing some computer software to easily automate this. Given that we are likely back in that trend now of hurricanes each season and more nasty weather, I will have to have them see how they can pull the games out of such a system on the fly. Right now, I would have to hand pull the games and that is a tedious task given that the list of games is very long.

You and everyone involved with building this site have done a great job in the last few years. This used to be a site that I would check out after I looked at the local paper websites. Now it is the first one I go to. Great job! The dedication of the people who put this together and keep building it is great for high school football. Thanks

You and everyone involved with building this site have done a great job in the last few years. This used to be a site that I would check out after I looked at the local paper websites. Now it is the first one I go to. Great job! The dedication of the people who put this together and keep building it is great for high school football. Thanks

Good things take time! This would be the case here! Thanks for the kind comments!