24. Monarch (NR)

25. Edgewater (-6)

dropped out 

#7 Homestead

#20 Bartram Trail

#21 Osceola 

#25 Tampa Catholic 

Couple points for the rankings 

Teams were rewarded for beating quality teams in state or out. New teams entering all had quality wins. 

Homestead tumbled from 7 to unranked because they were selling fools gold! Palmetto is getting the benefit of the doubt by beating a former high ranked team. Homestead is gonna have to earn their way back in.

Bartram trail is out after a struggling win vs an average team. 

Tampa Catholic is out despite not playing because other teams earned their way in. 

Osceola is out even though they lost to a high ranked team because they were already on the back end of the 25, and got handled. They always schedule tough so they can jump right back in with a good win. 

Venice was the biggest tumbler because they let an unranked team who hasn’t lived up to the standards Coach Callahan left beat the tar out of them up and down the field all game long. I can’t justify putting Venice over Armwood. 

Cocoa shot up simply because they have the best win of any team below them outside of maybe Western. And yes I am taking into account all the talk about how the refs hosed MNW. Or else Vero would have had the best win of teams below them. I ranked Western too low to start off. 

Edgewater dropped 6 spots after a win because I believe Bishop Moore is not a good team at all, and their schedule is atrocious. (Bishop Moore’s schedule). The coach knows they are bad. They only play Edgewater because it’s a rivalry game. Edgewater has a tough 5 game stretch coming up so it’s sink or swim for them 

Week 2 schedule 

1. Chaminade vs #20 Cardinal Gibbons

2. Miami Central vs Bishop Gorman,NV

3. AHP vs #23 Jax TC

4. Norland vs Carol City 

5. STA vs Fort Myers

6. Columbus vs Killian

7. Cocoa vs #19 Venice 

8. Treasure Coast vs Jesuit 

9. Seminole vs Osceola

10. Vero Beach vs Palm Beach Gardens

11. Lakeland vs Largo

12. Booker T vs Edison

13. Western - off

14. Lake Mary - off

15. MNW vs Jackson 

16. Armwood vs Bloomingdale

17. Apopka vs West Orange 

18. Jones vs Good Counsel,MD

19. Venice vs #7 Cocoa

20. Cardinal Gibbons vs #1 Chaminade 

21. Miami Palmetto vs Lakewood 

22. Mainland vs West Broward

23. Jax TC vs #3 AHP

24. Monarch vs Atlantic Delray

25. Edgewater vs Clearwater Academy 

4 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Also, I can't believe I am saying this, but overall I agree with your current rankings.

I don't immerse myself in studying many of the teams around the state as it requires too much time and effort trying to look at rosters/players returning, etc... and with little track record regarding wins and losses to get an accurate gauge on rankings.  Looking at top 20 teams over many years, in my opinion TC isn't one of them and certainly not #8 based on what I saw on Friday night.  Limited offensively, with a very good defense so I would rate them in the top 10% in our state.  So just based on this one team, it makes me wonder about others. This isn't meant to demean TC or criticize Nolebull813, but simply an observation as we certainly will be able to have a more informed opinion after 3 or 4 games.