BREAKING NEWS: State Champions Bowl Series Officially Happening

SportsNut25

Fantastic scoop by our content partners at USA Today - http://usatodayhss.com/2016/geico-state-champions-bowl-series-will-be-held-at-cowboys-headquarters

Highlights:

- To be held at Cowboys facility in Texas

- Florida, Georgia, Utah, and Arizona can send teams

- 2 Games on Dec. 23 -- 6 pm EST and 9:30 pm EST -- both on ESPNU

- GEICO to sponsor

So I heard there will be 4 teams total

One from each state

So big question

Who gets Florida's representation in the game?

The way I read the article it will be the highest ranked team in the state regardless of classification.  So whoever that is at the end of the season will go if they want to go.  In the past they did not pay all cost so it could be an issue.

Only team I'd be interested in watching IMG play is Gorman, STA (just bc), or whoever else ends up 1/2 in the national rankings.  I'd rather see the top state champs playing the teams from Ga, Utah, or Arizona.    Roswell Ga is the only team in those 3 states that might be good enough to hang with IMG (if they run the table).  

It's anybody's guess then who represents florida in this event if STA was to fall in 7a bracket. Meanwhile IMG shouldn't be eligible and I don't think they're

who would become the favorites to repersent florida in that situation and is this something that down the line might include more states joining in or just a one off event?

who would become the favorites to repersent florida in that situation and is this something that down the line might include more states joining in or just a one off event?

They want more states to join and are in talks with other states to join for either this season or next, per the linked article above. 

AHP most likely would be up if STA does not get an invite, or declines an invite. 

They didn't have a sponsor last year. Burger King backed out and they couldn't get one to fill in. As for IMG they will be the highest ranked and team technically from Fla. Now if you have to be a state champ that changes things. I would love to see Bishop Gorman vs IMG. If it is a State Champ I would love to see Roswell or Grayson vs a STA or AHP.

They didn't have a sponsor last year. Burger King backed out and they couldn't get one to fill in. As for IMG they will be the highest ranked and team technically from Fla. Now if you have to be a state champ that changes things. I would love to see Bishop Gorman vs IMG. If it is a State Champ I would love to see Roswell or Grayson vs a STA or AHP.

Correct on all accounts, and yes, only state champs eligible.