Buchholz thumps Bartram Trail

Joshua Wilson

So just briefly... Buchholz and Bartram Trail is usually a great matchup any time these two teams hit the field together.

Last night... Buchholz is showing flashes they could win Class 4S this year... Bartram Trail I think still makes the playoffs, but they got a lot of work to do after the 44-7 thumping last night.

Oh and Doug Johnson's kid (yes that Doug Johnson of Florida Gators great)... Trace Johnson is a heck of a quarterback with now 8 starts under his belt as a sophomore. Worth watching him over the next few years. Going to be a top prospect not just in Florida, but nationally.

On 10/20/2023 at 10:22 PM, Longtime Observer said:

I was not a doubter. Especially not given the Bobcats will probably host the first four playoff games.

People said the same thing about Pine Forest

"Who's gonna beat them at home? They already beat the *cough* number 2 team in the region (according to the FHSAA rankings which we all know are completely accurate and have no bias or imperfections) who's gonna be able to beat them?" 

If only people had took the time to look at their SOS and realize they hadn't actually beaten anyone good to be undefeated

Like I'm not saying Buchholz isn't a talented team, they absolutely are 

But come on they have beaten 2 teams above .500 (5-3 Eastside and 6-2 Vanguard) 

Do you realize how many teams go undefeated every year with those type of schedules? So chill with the handing them the clear path to win a state title in October. Final 2 opponents have a combined 4 wins so they should go to 10-0 but let's see how they do when they play someone good from southbound of I-75 (you know where the teams get better the further south you drive) 

I would like to see what happens if they gotta play Venice or Osceola or Vero Beach type team because they haven't faced anyone close to that level this year