I am so Glad we did Metro-suburban switch because it created so much parity

Floridaatlantic1

8 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

I wonder why STA never plays IMG? The two best teams in Florida should play at least once every couple of years. Other Florida teams manage to play the national IMG team with a few that play the various other color IMG teams. Miami Central doesn't seem to have any problem with playing the national team every year. 

They compete for the same recruits :P

13 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

I wonder why STA never plays IMG? The two best teams in Florida should play at least once every couple of years. Other Florida teams manage to play the national IMG team with a few that play the various other color IMG teams. Miami Central doesn't seem to have any problem with playing the national team every year. 

I believe they were in talks back in 2020

On 12/5/2023 at 2:31 PM, Nulli Secundus said:

LOL, because Tampa and Orlando's records were that much stellar before.

Obviously, the classifications have changed over the years, but I suspect there might be a handful of counties that would like to have had the success that Tampa/Hillsborough County has had since 2000.  During that time period, I count nine state championships by four different teams (four by Plant and three by Armwood -- one of which was vacated).  I also count 17 times that a Tampa Bay team finished as the state runner-up (from 8 different teams).  I may be off by one or two, but either way, I consider that a pretty successful run. 

On 12/4/2023 at 7:14 PM, nolebull813 said:

Venice petitioned to be in the metro Class but was denied. They didn’t want to be in the bush leagues. 

On 12/5/2023 at 2:33 PM, Nulli Secundus said:

LOL, the bush leagues that the Indians have yet to win.  Maybe they take it this year.

....and the wait continues:lol: