Pahokee?

954gator

Here is the article written by Adam Lichtenstein and Jodie Wagner of the Palm Beach Post:

http://highschoolbuzz.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2017/01/12/football-state-champion-pahokee-under-fhsaa-investigation/

I noticed that the letter to parents being made aware of the matter was signed off by the Principle and Head Coach. I would have thought this kind of matter would have been generally signed/handled by the AD as well ?

I don't like seeing a title vacated I would rather see Pahokee get to keep their title.  By the time a team reaches the title game FHSAA should know if there is a fifth year player.  I know it's up to the schools to self report or snitch on each other but come on FHSAA should at least check out the teams in the title game so this could be avoided.

Coaches have the ability to finalize their rosters before the post-season. Playoff teams  are heavily encouraged (and essentially warned)  to verify all submitted information to the FHSAA , cross all t's and dot all i's......

All football teams should know this stuff.  Pahokee with their history and tradition should know this.

.Has the player always been enrolled at Pahokee or was the player a transfer, and what year?   There are records somewhere as to where and when this student athlete began HS....

Coaches have the ability to finalize their rosters before the post-season. Playoff teams are heavily encouraged (and essentially warned) to verify all submitted information to the FHSAA , cross all t's and dot all i's......

All football teams should know this stuff. Pahokee with their history and tradition should know this.

.Has the player always been enrolled at Pahokee or was the player a transfer, and what year? There are records somewhere as to where and when this student athlete began HS....

Coaches have the ability to finalize their rosters before the post-season. Playoff teams are heavily encouraged (and essentially warned) to verify all submitted information to the FHSAA , cross all t's and dot all i's......

All football teams should know this stuff. Pahokee with their history and tradition should know this.

.Has the player always been enrolled at Pahokee or was the player a transfer, and what year? There are records somewhere as to where and when this student athlete began HS....

If you don't think 5th year HS athletes can change the outcome of HS athletics, than you never played a sport. Respect the rules, Columbia. I feel horrible for the rest of the team but you don't think any of the coaches or players knew that this player was in his 5th year of HS?

Don't be ignorant.

You telling me they couldn't win state without that one player?

I don't like seeing a title vacated I would rather see Pahokee get to keep their title. By the time a team reaches the title game FHSAA should know if there is a fifth year player. I know it's up to the schools to self report or snitch on each other but come on FHSAA should at least check out the teams in the title game so this could be avoided.

Why turn in championship rosters if fhsaa not even gonna check the rosters 😂

Why turn in championship rosters if fhsaa not even gonna check the rosters

Well... it is called responsibility and accountability that potentially backs up potential matters like these.  This is how obligations, agreements, stay binding and rules are broken sometimes...  

The mighty pen and signature can unfortunately get you in a lot of trouble in life, Columbia.  They both can do a lot of jeopardizing things in life beyond football....

Write that one down, young buck!

Well... it is called responsibility and accountability that potentially backs up potential matters like these. The mighty pen and signature can get you in a lot of trouble in life, Columbia. They both have a lot of things in life beyond football....

Write that one down, young buck!

Isn't it also the fhsaa responsibility to check the roster of teams in state title game so they are clear so this don't happen?

Isn't it also the fhsaa responsibility to check the roster of teams in state title game so they are clear so this don't happen?

Well it appears they did and thus far it appears it is being held against Pahokee....

Let me ask you this. If you forge a check and slip it past the bank initially because they did not verify that the check was forged at that bank, and two weeks later you randomly get arrested for forgery/fraud.

Are you going to tell the Court/Judge "Isn't it the bank's responsibility to verify if the check is valid initially before it is cashed, your Honor?"

Well it appears they did and thus far it appears it is being held against Pahokee....

Let me ask you this. If you forge a check and slip it past the bank initially because they did not verify that the check was forged at that bank, and two weeks later you randomly get arrested for forgery/fraud.

Are you going to tell the Court/Judge "Isn't it the bank's responsibility to verify if the check is valid initially before it is cashed, you honor?"

Game was like a month ago

What took them so long there only 8 teams that won state 😂