Jump to content

Lake Minneola New HC Quit After 3 days


Recommended Posts


1 hour ago, Lake Sumter Observer said:

Word is, Coach Banks the former head coach was escorted off campus last week after a heated discussion with the principle. from what i have been told this stems from banks talking to the paper about the program.

Dang shame. Wonder what it was about. Wonder if the principle was meddling out of his element. 
 

There was a story near me about Land O Lakes High. Before the season, 2 freshman were slap boxing and other kids were filming it. One kid was obviously winning over the other with the kids in the background cheering it on. So when it got leaked, it was interpreted as hazing. As if all the kids in the background were sanctioning it. 
 

Without one second of investigation the principal shut the entire football program down. Varsity season cancelled over 2 freshman slap boxing. It caused a shit storm. Local news swarmed the school. Parents outraged. Protesting outside the office demanding the principal be fired. 
 

They finally asked some quick questions and it was determined to be exactly what it was originally said it was. Football was reinstated but JV missed the first game over it. 
 

The principal was some punk pencil neck who looks like he never played a sport in his life and many people came out and said he had it out for the football program and he was the same way at his old school. 
 

I say all that to say is this a similar case of some pencil neck principal who never played sports trying to undermine and butt in to something that they are way out their element on? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

Are you saying illegal recruiting does not occur in Florida ?     Wake up and take your blinders off

I’m not saying it doesn’t occur. What I am saying is that everything is case by case so if you are accusing a specific coach/team of cheating, I would at least like to see the evidence of the accusation. Because if you don’t then you are basically defaming them with gossip 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

I’m not saying it doesn’t occur. What I am saying is that everything is case by case so if you are accusing a specific coach/team of cheating, I would at least like to see the evidence of the accusation. Because if you don’t then you are basically defaming them with gossip 

So your saying if a team has like 15 transfers in one season,  I need to have like a team of investigators and video tape to realize that the coach is recruiting. Come on. The truth is all of the super teams recruit and yes some players come because of the winning culture. I know its impossible to get full proof  on everyone that cheats and even when they do have evidence and catch teams red handed like Winter Park.....NOTHING HAPPENED. Its the reason they should have competitive promotion and demotion so all the super teams who do bend (CHEAT) the rules get to beat each other up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

So your saying if a team has like 15 transfers in one season,  I need to have like a team of investigators and video tape to realize that the coach is recruiting. Come on. The truth is all of the super teams recruit and yes some players come because of the winning culture. I know its impossible to get full proof  on everyone that cheats and even when they do have evidence and catch teams red handed like Winter Park.....NOTHING HAPPENED. Its the reason they should have competitive promotion and demotion so all the super teams who do bend (CHEAT) the rules get to beat each other up. 

With the rise of social media, kids don’t need to be illegally recruited. They know where the hot hand is. They know what coaches have the connections and where the coaches will be at. Plus kids recruits other kids. They all star stack. I’m not saying they should, I’m just saying these kids all attend the same camps, tourneys etc. they talk. They know the process.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/7/2024 at 10:50 AM, nolebull813 said:

With the rise of social media, kids don’t need to be illegally recruited. They know where the hot hand is. They know what coaches have the connections and where the coaches will be at. Plus kids recruits other kids. They all star stack. I’m not saying they should, I’m just saying these kids all attend the same camps, tourneys etc. they talk. They know the process.  

So why should teams who are all star teams play non all star teams? The idea of Chaminade playing other 1 a teams is insane. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/10/2024 at 8:09 AM, Lake Sumter Observer said:

they have announced Lake Minneola's new head coach Mike McGlynn

Spent time coaching at Windermere Prep, Celebration and lake Gibson after a solid NFL career 

Originally from a town over from me. Really nice guy....I hope he succeeds, but he is in a tough situation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

I heard of that city before with other  older college coaches . I think Stoops, Bo Pelini , and Tressel are from there. 

They are. I've had a chance to meet all 3. Tress was actually President of the University for a while. Just recently retired.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


×
×
  • Create New...