Imig

s1nglewing

IMG Academy (FL): IMG Academy is looking for games for the 2017 season. This particular IMG squad is looking to play teams in the 2A-3A classification. Interested programs can contact Kenneth.stills@img.com.

(from Football Scoop)

Why the devil would IMG want to schedule 2-3A teams? This for their JV, or are they going to finally suck at recruiting for once?

IMG Academy (FL): IMG Academy is looking for games for the 2017 season. This particular IMG squad is looking to play teams in the 2A-3A classification. Interested programs can contact Kenneth.stills@img.com.

(from Football Scoop)

Why the devil would IMG want to schedule 2-3A teams? This for their JV, or are they going to finally suck at recruiting for once?

On another board it says they are playing a Varsity B squad.  I think there is a JV as well.

On another board it says they are playing a Varsity B squad.  I think there is a JV as well.

A Varsity B squad? I am sure the FHSAA will have a few words with them about that one... you can only have one varsity team per sport, per member school. The only way I see this flying is IMG resigning their membership.

A Varsity B squad? I am sure the FHSAA will have a few words with them about that one... you can only have one varsity team per sport, per member school. The only way I see this flying is IMG resigning their membership.

Hmmm... They must have worked that out a long time ago because they have multiple varsity teams in baseball, basketball and lacrosse.

Yeah I think it's a Varsity B team (I'm the one who raised this point on the other board). 

I'm not 100% sure, but I know that Kevin Wright has made it known in the past he wants to have a Varsity B team at some point. So perhaps this is it. It could be in place of their JV team since it's probably getting hard to put together a JV schedule and he probably figures he can get more 2A-3A teams on the schedule if the level of competition is somewhat close (well, closer than you would get if you played the Varsity A team). 

There are some 3A teams that give the IMG A Varsity all they want. Their B Varsity or JV would probably be defeated some of the time by the good 3A Teams. I wish that Coach Sturdivant would schedule IMG with OTC. We used to play them and it made our team better for it in those years. 

• 3 weeks later...

Why does fhsaa even need img

Let them be seperate organization that has a building in Florida and does what it wants while the normal Florida schools play our way lol

I agree but here's my thoughts.

The high school football scene appears to be changing.

I envision the sport becoming like basketball and states starting teams like AAU basketball does.

I'm sure you would get sponsors to fit some of the travel bill and  this would put better talent against better talent in prep for college level play.