Wekiva - 4 Players Kneeled

Pipe Dreams

what does Wekiva having players kneel and them playing DP this week have anything to do with each other?  Is DP going to destroy them because they took a knee during the anthem?  Is DP not going to let them on the field during the anthem?  Are you against Wekiva players taking a knee?  What is your point in this post?

On a side note:

After watching Wekiva it appears Wekiva's offense has decided to take a knee during the game.  

2 hours ago, badbird said:

what does Wekiva having players kneel and them playing DP this week have anything to do with each other?  Is DP going to destroy them because they took a knee during the anthem?  Is DP not going to let them on the field during the anthem?  Are you against Wekiva players taking a knee?  What is your point in this post?

On a side note:

After watching Wekiva it appears Wekiva's offense has decided to take a knee during the game.  

The last paragraph is true. Their offense has been strangely absent in their last two games.

Regarding the questions you asked, I can only guess that Mid is advocating DP punish them on the field for their transgressions. But seriously, the two things have nothing to do with each other. Barring bad weather or other factors, the game will be played unless the FHSAA comes out with policy barring teams that kneel from competing in their sponsored events.

Here's to the best team winning.

I just wasn't sure what he wanted to talk about.  I prefer to talk about the game not the protest but can talk about either.  As far as the game goes it should be low scoring.  Unless Wekiva's QB has the game of his life I don't see Wekiva mustering enough offense to win this game.  I think the only way DP loses is if they give the game away on turnovers and special teams.  I'll take DP 17-7. 

At this stage, I agree with both of you that DP wins. I will go with a relatively low scoring game. I don't think DP scores more than low 20s. However, I believe low 20s will be enough to beat Wekiva based on their last two performances. I may be able to forgive the Winter Park game, as WP is a solid team. I am less forgiving of the Olympia game, as Olympia seems more like a .500 ball club this year. 

On the other hand, DP's offense has also been sluggish recently, and against both West Orange and Oak Ridge, it did not get into gear till the second half. 

DP's offense is not as explosive as they have been in the past.  They have some really good players in RB Devodney Alford QB BeSean McCray and WR Davarius Bargnare but they really miss WR Jaquan Burton who transfered to Jones.  He would have been the guy that could have stretched the defense and they don't have that guy this year.  Alford is a guy that is going to run through arm tackles but usually has to run someone over which he is capable of to break a long run.  He has been very impressive this season but he isn't a speed back they they have had in the past.  McCray is a very capable runner but they don't design many plays for him to run.  He does a great job getting the ball out of his hands quickly and finding the open WR but they are usually intermediate to short throws.  I don't think he has the arm strength to throw the deep ball effectively.  Bargnare is very elusive but not a deep threat and that might be because of the QB.  Penalties also has hurt this offense but it has potential.