Class 3A Week 7

SPCjessica2004

It's officially just past the halfway point of the 2017 football season, but with the weather issues the state has faced this year not every team has played 6 games yet. It looks like the bulk of the teams in the state will be making up games either the week of 10/2 or 10/09. Regardless, here are my 3A rankings and halfway through the season thoughts, we'll round it off with some games to look forward to!

Class 3A Week 7 Rankings

1) Chaminade-Madonna,  while many people have moved Oxbridge Academy into their #1 spot, I'm not- at least not yet. Chaminade has a make-up game on Monday 10/2 against Blanche Ely and then on 10/6 they have their normally scheduled bye week before a huge game against Booker T. Washington.

2) Oxbridge Academy- another week, another win for the Thunderwolves. The latest victum was Belle Glade Glades Central. Oxbridge has been highly impressive this season. The show should continue this week against Port St. Lucie Centennial. It's ashame the game against Uschool was cancelled outright, that could of been a classic.

3) Clearwater Central Catholic- CCC picked up a win over historic rival St. Petersburg Catholic 49-7 in a game that could have ended even worse for my beloved Barons. CCC had 2 TD's called back in what my husband called "mercy" penalties. CCC is clearly rolling right now. A trip to a very good Rockledge high school is on tap this week; however, it's the game being played 10/13 against Calvary that is already generating a noticeable buzz in 3A.

4) Melbourne Central Catholic- The Hustlers have been rolling and should welcome back starting QB Joaquin Colazo this week against an old rival- Orlando Bishop Moore. MCC has the pieces, coaching and if they stay healthy, talent to be in Orlando come November. Huge road trip to Fort Hill, Maryland in a few weeks.

5) Lakeland Christian School- LCS dispatched county rival Ft. Meade 35-0. A few years ago this would have been a marquee game for 3A, sadly with the fall of Ft. Meade in recent years the Vikings have been making quick work of the Miners.

Other teams of note:

Calvary Christian- The Warriors went on the road and pulled off a huge, huge, huge OT win at Sarasota Cardinal Mooney giving the Cougars their first loss of the year. The Warriors who are sitting at 4-1 have a bye week before hosting CCC on 10/13.

King's Academy- Don't look now but the Lions are undefeated and have a favorable schedule to stay that way. While I don't consider King's Academy a threat to knock off the Chaminade, Oxbridge, CCC, MCC's of 3A, everyone else is fair game.

Tampa Catholic- The Crusaders have turned a corner on their season with a defining win on the road against Berkeley Prep. The Crusaders moved a .500 record and have a favorable schedule until they play arch-rival Tampa Jesuit to close the season.

Ft. White- While many people are quick to talk about MCC vs Oxbridge in Region 2, CCC in Region 3 and Chaminade in Region 4- Class 3A Region 1 has a solid power themselves that is being overlooked. Ft. White has a few big games coming up, but is anybody playing better right now in that region?

BIG GAMES OF THE WEEK

I really wanted to add a 3A game from North Florida or the Panhandle, but I guess week 7 is a bye week for most teams up there.

American Heritage (Delray) vs University School

A few weeks ago the Stallions were written off for dead, but now that they're healthy they've quietly won 2 in a row against Holy Trinity and Pensacola Catholic. Uschool is rolling right now, a 4A powerhouse- the Sharks have quickly become a household name after the program had to reinvent itself a few years ago.  If the Stallions can find a way to upset Uschool, they should be favorites in their last 4 games.

Melbourne Central Catholic vs Bishop Moore

The Hornet's vs the Hustlers (both species of Bee's btw) will meet up for the first time in a few years in Melbourne. The Hustlers only loss this year was to Buford, Georgia. The Hornet's have 2 losses, Jones and Titusville. Bishop Moore has a slight advantage in the trenches, but the Hustlers have an overwhelming advantage in speed across the field.

Clearwater Central Catholic at Rockledge

Coach Younger at Rockledge wanted to build a schedule that featured some of the top teams in their classes for the state. After receiving an influx of talent from nearby Holy Trinity and rival Cocoa, the Raiders have the tools, weapons and talent to challenge the states best. The Raiders maybe 1-2 but they competed well against Viera and Osceola. This week the Raiders welcome another one of Florida's top small school programs known for its consistency in winning year in and year out, Clearwater Central Catholic.

HOW DID I DO?

Time to hold myself accountable- how did I do?

At the start of the season I had:

1)Chaminade
2) Melbourne Central Catholic
3) Clearwater Central Catholic
4) Oxbridge
5) Berkeley Prep
6) Tampa Catholic
7) American Heritage

Well, not bad. The only "whiff" would be Berkeley Prep who currently sits at 1-3, but even then, they could end up being a factor in the playoff race if they win out. I had LCS at 9, now they're at 5; however, I still think they've benefitted most from an easy SoS. MCC and CCC are, essentially, tied at the hip although pressed to pick one, I pick CCC due to the common opponent Tampa Catholic. I didn't expect Chaminade to go 10-0, but I did think they had a shot at 9-1. Hindsight being 20/20 that was silly.  Tampa Catholic started at 6 and I have them at 7.   Overall, I'll re-evaluate this again at the end of the year, but overall- I feel pretty good with my preseason projections.

53 minutes ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

It's officially just past the halfway point of the 2017 football season, but with the weather issues the state has faced this year not every team has played 6 games yet. It looks like the bulk of the teams in the state will be making up games either the week of 10/2 or 10/09. Regardless, here are my 3A rankings and halfway through the season thoughts, we'll round it off with some games to look forward to!

Class 3A Week 7 Rankings

1) Chaminade-Madonna,  while many people have moved Oxbridge Academy into their #1 spot, I'm not- at least not yet. Chaminade has a make-up game on Monday 10/2 against Blanche Ely and then on 10/6 they have their normally scheduled bye week before a huge game against Booker T. Washington.

2) Oxbridge Academy- another week, another win for the Thunderwolves. The latest victum was Belle Glade Glades Central. Oxbridge has been highly impressive this season. The show should continue this week against Port St. Lucie Centennial. It's ashame the game against Uschool was cancelled outright, that could of been a classic.

3) Clearwater Central Catholic- CCC picked up a win over historic rival St. Petersburg Catholic 49-7 in a game that could have ended even worse for my beloved Barons. CCC had 2 TD's called back in what my husband called "mercy" penalties. CCC is clearly rolling right now. A trip to a very good Rockledge high school is on tap this week; however, it's the game being played 10/13 against Calvary that is already generating a noticeable buzz in 3A.

4) Melbourne Central Catholic- The Hustlers have been rolling and should welcome back starting QB Joaquin Colazo this week against an old rival- Orlando Bishop Moore. MCC has the pieces, coaching and if they stay healthy, talent to be in Orlando come November. Huge road trip to Fort Hill, Maryland in a few weeks.

5) Lakeland Christian School- LCS dispatched county rival Ft. Meade 35-0. A few years ago this would have been a marquee game for 3A, sadly with the fall of Ft. Meade in recent years the Vikings have been making quick work of the Miners.

Other teams of note:

Calvary Christian- The Warriors went on the road and pulled off a huge, huge, huge OT win at Sarasota Cardinal Mooney giving the Cougars their first loss of the year. The Warriors who are sitting at 4-1 have a bye week before hosting CCC on 10/13.

King's Academy- Don't look now but the Lions are undefeated and have a favorable schedule to stay that way. While I don't consider King's Academy a threat to knock off the Chaminade, Oxbridge, CCC, MCC's of 3A, everyone else is fair game.

Tampa Catholic- The Crusaders have turned a corner on their season with a defining win on the road against Berkeley Prep. The Crusaders moved a .500 record and have a favorable schedule until they play arch-rival Tampa Jesuit to close the season.

Ft. White- While many people are quick to talk about MCC vs Oxbridge in Region 2, CCC in Region 3 and Chaminade in Region 4- Class 3A Region 1 has a solid power themselves that is being overlooked. Ft. White has a few big games coming up, but is anybody playing better right now in that region?

BIG GAMES OF THE WEEK

I really wanted to add a 3A game from North Florida or the Panhandle, but I guess week 7 is a bye week for most teams up there.

American Heritage (Delray) vs University School

A few weeks ago the Stallions were written off for dead, but now that they're healthy they've quietly won 2 in a row against Holy Trinity and Pensacola Catholic. Uschool is rolling right now, a 4A powerhouse- the Sharks have quickly become a household name after the program had to reinvent itself a few years ago.  If the Stallions can find a way to upset Uschool, they should be favorites in their last 4 games.

The Hornet's vs the Hustlers (both species of Bee's btw) will meet up for the first time in a few years in Melbourne. The Hustlers only loss this year was to Buford, Georgia. The Hornet's have 2 losses, Jones and Titusville. Bishop Moore has a slight advantage in the trenches, but the Hustlers have an overwhelming advantage in speed across the field.

Clearwater Central Catholic at Rockledge

Coach Younger at Rockledge wanted to build a schedule that featured some of the top teams in their classes for the state. After receiving an influx of talent from nearby Holy Trinity and rival Cocoa, the Raiders have the tools, weapons and talent to challenge the states best. The Raiders maybe 1-2 but they competed well against Viera and Osceola. This week the Raiders welcome another one of Florida's top small school programs known for its consistency in winning year in and year out, Clearwater Central Catholic.

HOW DID I DO?

Time to hold myself accountable- how did I do?

At the start of the season I had:

1)Chaminade
2) Melbourne Central Catholic
3) Clearwater Central Catholic
4) Oxbridge
5) Berkeley Prep
6) Tampa Catholic
7) American Heritage

Well, not bad. The only "whiff" would be Berkeley Prep who currently sits at 1-3, but even then, they could end up being a factor in the playoff race if they win out. I had LCS at 9, now they're at 5; however, I still think they've benefitted most from an easy SoS. MCC and CCC are, essentially, tied at the hip although pressed to pick one, I pick CCC due to the common opponent Tampa Catholic. I didn't expect Chaminade to go 10-0, but I did think they had a shot at 9-1. Hindsight being 20/20 that was silly.  Tampa Catholic started at 6 and I have them at 7.   Overall, I'll re-evaluate this again at the end of the year, but overall- I feel pretty good with my preseason projections.

fort white solid but I beilive they lost to fellow 3a region 1 team taylor county so while fort white is capable of winning that region and making final 4 they got a way to go

My two cents... Although, I felt you may have underestimated Oxbridge a tad early on , everything else has pretty much been spot on.   AHD has been banged up so 7 for the Stallions seems doable by end of regular season.  Would not want to play Berkeley  Prep in the playoffs and 5 is capable and fair for them. 

Keep up the great work Jessica!  You have done great overall, and I continue to use your insight as a great  source for my own 3A rankings and homework.  Thx!

My 3A Combined Top 20 through Week 6:

Chamindade-Madonna (3A-4)
Oxbridge Academy (3A-2)

Clearwater Central Catholic (3A-3)
Melbourne Central Catholic (3A-2)
Tampa Catholic (3A-3)
Berkley Prep (3A-3)

Lakeland Christian (3A-3)
First Academy (3A-2)
Calvary Christian Clearwater (3A-3)
Kings Academy (3A-2)
Cardinal Mooney (3A-3)
American Heritage Delray (3A-4)
Cardinal Newman (3A-2)
Benjamin (3A-4)
Fort White (3A-1)

Newberry (3A-1)
Pensacola Catholic (3A-1)
Calvary Christian Fort Lauderdale (3A-4)
FSU High School (3A-1)
Trinity Catholic (3A-3)

Of Note:
St. Andrews (3A-4)
Taylor County(3A-1)
Trinity Prep (3A-2)
Baldwin (3A-1)
Providence (3A-1)

6 hours ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

Jessica, i don't believe Bishop Moore lost to Titusville this year. This is another MaxPreps error. No fault of yours that a company owned by CBS can't keep better statistics.

3 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Jessica, i don't believe Bishop Moore lost to Titusville this year. This is another MaxPreps error. No fault of yours that a company owned by CBS can't keep better statistics.

Correct 

From what i found on scorestream they never even played titusville 

Upon further review, Bishop Moore did NOT lose to Titusville as the game wasn't played. I did pull it from Maxpreps; however, I should have been more attentive and looked for a game presser. I apologize to the Hornet community; however, since they've only lost 1 game, that makes this Friday's game even more interesting as Jones is a very, very solid Orlando area team.

4 minutes ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

Upon further review, Bishop Moore did NOT lose to Titusville as the game wasn't played. I did pull it from Maxpreps; however, I should have been more attentive and looked for a game presser. I apologize to the Hornet community; however, since they've only lost 1 game, that makes this Friday's game even more interesting as Jones is a very, very solid Orlando area team.

It's really not your fault. Maxpreps should be a reliable source of information. The scores they post are obtained from its members. However, you would think they would verify the information before posting it. 

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

It's really not your fault. Maxpreps should be a reliable source of information. The scores they post are obtained from its members. However, you would think they would verify the information before posting it. 

wasn't it made mandatory for coaches to put stats and scores into maxpreps this year because of the fhsaa new deal with maxpreps instead of c2c?

Broward,

Thanks for the love! I always enjoy your posts, and the call on King's was magic as they're on the radar now. I really want to do a bit more research and maybe make a trip to a north Florida team, but it's very difficult. At least in central and south Florida the schools stream their games and Spectrum sports features them.

Berkeley Prep being 1-3 is a shock honestly. They brought back most of the pieces from last years Final 4 team including their massive offensive line and 2 out of 3 running backs. They got CCC and Tampa Catholic at home in the first 4 weeks. 

Result? They blow a 14 point lead to CCC in the last 8 minutes of the game and lost 29-28 on a last second field goal..they beat Kingdom Prep and then travel to LCS where they have a classic shootout before dropping that one. Last Thursday, they had the lead most of the 2nd half against TC only to squander it in the last 20 seconds. This is a dangerous team, but with as competitive as Region 3 is, they really need to win out to make the playoffs. Mitchell and Lake Highland Prep are going to be very difficult for the Bucs to pull off.

Oxbridge at the start of the season was a curiosity. The concept is that based on the news articles the team was going to de-emphasize sports. It was later explained to me that it would be harder to get guys in, but the guys that are there now could stay and compete their education. What Oxbridge has now is still enough to be a dominant 3A team, which they've shown to be. I think it was more me mis-understanding the defintion of de-emphasizing football meant.

AHD has a tough one this week, but I can see them finishing 7-3 and getting in the playoffs, maybe even the second round if they avoid finish at the 3 seed (assuming Chaminade is 1 and King's is 2). 

7 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Thanks Darter!  Very interesting- so, at some point- somebody had to put in 21-20 Titusville? I'm curious if it was just a fan being silly or a placeholder score. Obviously, not verified!

2 minutes ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

Thanks Darter!  Very interesting- so, at some point- somebody had to put in 21-20 Titusville? I'm curious if it was just a fan being silly or a placeholder score. Obviously, not verified!

Yes. I have provided them with football and soccer scores in the past when they were not posted results timely. My experience is that they usually posted them within 24 hours after I provided them. This led me to believe that they first sought secondary verification before they actually posted them. 

Given Maxpreps now has an arrangement with the FHSAA, I would have thought that they would invest more resources in the accuracy of Florida information. It would seem that having an administrator from each member school provide the data would be the way to obtain the most accurate information. However, after seeing no improvement in reliability, something seems to have fallen through the cracks. 

Not sure how this score got in there to begin with.  I could be wrong, but I don't think BM was scheduled to play Titusville this year. It may have been a make-up game for one that was cancelled because of weather related issues. But I am pretty sure it was not on their original schedule. 

10 minutes ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

Broward,

Thanks for the love! I always enjoy your posts, and the call on King's was magic as they're on the radar now. I really want to do a bit more research and maybe make a trip to a north Florida team, but it's very difficult. At least in central and south Florida the schools stream their games and Spectrum sports features them.

Berkeley Prep being 1-3 is a shock honestly. They brought back most of the pieces from last years Final 4 team including their massive offensive line and 2 out of 3 running backs. They got CCC and Tampa Catholic at home in the first 4 weeks. 

Result? They blow a 14 point lead to CCC in the last 8 minutes of the game and lost 29-28 on a last second field goal..they beat Kingdom Prep and then travel to LCS where they have a classic shootout before dropping that one. Last Thursday, they had the lead most of the 2nd half against TC only to squander it in the last 20 seconds. This is a dangerous team, but with as competitive as Region 3 is, they really need to win out to make the playoffs. Mitchell and Lake Highland Prep are going to be very difficult for the Bucs to pull off.

Oxbridge at the start of the season was a curiosity. The concept is that based on the news articles the team was going to de-emphasize sports. It was later explained to me that it would be harder to get guys in, but the guys that are there now could stay and compete their education. What Oxbridge has now is still enough to be a dominant 3A team, which they've shown to be. I think it was more me mis-understanding the defintion of de-emphasizing football meant.

AHD has a tough one this week, but I can see them finishing 7-3 and getting in the playoffs, maybe even the second round if they avoid finish at the 3 seed (assuming Chaminade is 1 and King's is 2). 

I'm hoping to stream our road games against Fletcher and Bolles but i probably won't do home games anymore because i was getting very low numbers watching this past week and I'm ending the sideline stream because I've had a few confrontations on the sideline so I'll either stream from in the stands or the press box so i don't have to deal with them

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Yes. I have provided them with football and soccer scores in the past when they were not posted results timely. My experience is that they usually posted them within 24 hours after I provided them. This led me to believe that they first sought secondary verification before they actually posted them. 

Given Maxpreps now has an arrangement with the FHSAA, I would have thought that they would invest more resources in the accuracy of Florida information. It would seem that having an administrator from each member school provide the data would be the way to obtain the most accurate information. However, after seeing no improvement in reliability, something seems to have fallen through the cracks. 

Not sure how this score got in there to begin with.  I could be wrong, but I don't think BM was scheduled to play Titusville this year. It may have been a make-up game for one that was cancelled because of weather related issues. But I am pretty sure it was not on their original schedule. 

It wasn't even listed on scorestream which seems honestly to be more accurate when it comes to scores

22 minutes ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

Broward,

With Chaminade-Madonna still the favorite to me to be crowned in Orlando, 3A overall to me is very healthy. The 2016 top five in 3A was very strong, and the loss of TCA from the North did open up 3A North a bit, but to me the top 20 depth of 3A is very strong this year.  Lots of competitive teams and still another month to go for the postseason!

I think if Berkeley Prep wins out and gets  into the playoffs, they will be fully battle-ready and  a tough out for anyone.

I understand what you are saying with Oxbridge Academy.  The thing is with the Thunderwolves is although not as stacked as last year,  the players and coaches  that are there now (who also played and coached last year, have lots of big game experience) are hungry knowing 2017 may be the last Oxbridge deep run for a while....

Agree with AHD on the finish.  Palm Beach County overall is very healthy with 3A football right now....Top 5, you have Oxbridge Academy of course , and in now specific order - Kings Academy, AHD, Cardinal Newman and even Benjamin is not a pushover.

1 hour ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

Don't feel bad ....I bit on that Titusville score from Maxpreps also. 

11 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

fort white solid but I beilive they lost to fellow 3a region 1 team taylor county so while fort white is capable of winning that region and making final 4 they got a way to go

we are in same place Columbia is  just rember that. With Union 5-1 and Dixie 6-0 are next two games and then Newberry after these three we will know where were at. Yes we lost to taylor and hope we see them in playoffs just like Columbia hopes to see Lee again.

17 minutes ago, FORTWHITEFAN76 said:

we are in same place Columbia is  just rember that. With Union 5-1 and Dixie 6-0 are next two games and then Newberry after these three we will know where were at. Yes we lost to taylor and hope we see them in playoffs just like Columbia hopes to see Lee again.

I never said you all cant only that you all have a climb to make lol

Did you go to that game? 

Nope not the Taylor county one first one I missed in 3 years kinda glad I did second half was raining so bad the player were in ankle deep water on the field just rained no lighting so they kept playing. Also gotta rember we played the week of Irma had two days of practice in shells and on end of second practice day before Game are starting center breaks his hand out for season which really hurt us IMO should of played the game on the following Monday.

6 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Dixie pretty good this year 

Newberry is down 

Not sure how good Union County is but they generally solid 

Dixie is on fire right now 

Newberry agreed down we will see how they do vs Trenton.

Union is 5-1 but there SOS is kinda wack to me there first two games were vs basically middle schools. Only loss to Dixie and best win vs Newberry IMO.

37 minutes ago, FORTWHITEFAN76 said:

Nope not the Taylor county one first one I missed in 3 years kinda glad I did second half was raining so bad the player were in ankle deep water on the field just rained no lighting so they kept playing. Also gotta rember we played the week of Irma had two days of practice in shells and on end of second practice day before Game are starting center breaks his hand out for season which really hurt us IMO should of played the game on the following Monday.

Just win out and you get a second shot

Columbia will get a second chance at lee to show we can beat them despite what the doubters choose to believe 

Since I have some free time this morning and lots of E-mail, I figured I'd share some of the more common themes I've been receiving.

1) Why no love for Orlando First Academy?

First Academy is a very solid football team that has remained undefeated to this point. Going to Clearwater and handing Calvary Christian their only loss this far has clearly been the highlight of the season. But, the other wins came over Foundation Academy, West Oaks Academy and a decent Orlando Christian Prep. The Royals have a huge game coming up against Orlando Lake Highland Prep in a few weeks, but the schedule outside of Calvary and LHP is really lacking. I will give credit to TFA for knocking of OCP though.  As far as rankings- yes, the Royals deserve a shutout, but where would you put them?  They aren't a top 5 team in 3A and while you can make an arguement for a 6-8 ranking, it's hard to justify. 1st Academy is on the radar and will get some more love in the coming weeks.

2) Calvary Christian fan here, how do you see our game against CCC going? The school is already hype and they're already promoting the game to the media and alumni to get tickets early.

I said last week that Calvary was going to promote this game heavily, it would be televised and it would be standing room only. I expect between 2 and 3k fans at the game since the Warriors have a bye week.  Let's be totally blunt here, Calvary is only relevant in football today because Amari Burney and Deandre Ferguson transferred from CCC to Calvary due to "terrible coaches". That never made sense to me, my husband or my brother and considering the Marauders are undefeated this year I would question the "terrible coaches" drum they are both pounding.

The main issue is Amari and Deandre are both WR's- yes Amari is an all-american and one of the top safeties in America and De'Andre is an all-state player; however, the individual that makes the offense go is River Wood, the star RB. It's plastered all over twitter that he left Calvary this week. 

I'm all for a school getting into a rivalry game and hyping it up a few weeks in advance, but when I look at 3A football- I wouldn't pick a fight with Chaminade, Oxbridge, MCC, CCC unless I have a roster that looks like Apopka or Miami Central. Calvary is a far cry from any of those teams.

3) How do you see Chaminade finishing this year?

The Lions have been the most talked about team in 3A since Spring football and rightfully so. Right now, they sit at 3-2.  Looking at the schedule,  I think Chaminade will make short-work of Flanagan and Doral Academy.  That leaves Booker T. and Uschool.   Chaminade has the week off to prepare for Booker T. and I think it's a winnable game for Chaminade; however, Booker has a significant advantage in the trenches.    Booker T. has to be favored in that one as the quality of athletes are similar, but there's just more of them at Booker T.  

So, going into week 11- that would put Chaminade at 5-3. The question is, how does Chaminade match-up with Uschool? It's certainly a rivalry game as Chaminade has a history of getting players from Uschool. I think Chaminade is probably 2 TD's better than Uschool right now, but that could change.  For now, I'd say Chaminade finishes 7-3.

4) Is it to soon to tell who will make the playoffs?

Looking at the regions individually, yes- it's hard to say which teams will for sure make the playoffs. Even teams that are undefeated right now could find themselves sitting outside if they falter for a few games. This will be a good topic for discussion after week 8 though (2 more weeks) when all of the games are made up.

5) Will Lakeland Christian go undefeated?

There's a chance they could- it will come down to their game against Lake Highland Prep in a few weeks. Lake Highland is having a strong season. Avon Park is another team that could play spoiler for the Vikings.

The FHSAA has released the updated point totals for the year and here's what they've got so far. I'm going to break these up by North and South.

3A North
The First Academy 43.25
Taylor County 40.40
MCC 39.33
Florida State U School: 39.00
Oxbridge: 36.75
Ft. White 36.67

3A South
Calvary Christian 39.25 
Clearwater Central Catholic 39.20
Tampa Catholic 38.67
Cardinal Mooney 37.75
Chaminade-Madonna 37.25 *
Lakeland Christian 37.00
King's Academy 36.25

* On the FHSAA master schedule, CM is listed as having their game against Blanche Ely cancelled; however, I can confirm the game was played on 10/2 and CM won. Blanche Ely would be worth 38 points to CM, thus their average points jump to 37.4.

Some immediate feedback on North 3A

Taylor County's 40.40 is very impressive at this part of the season. Looking at the schedule, there's no reason to think they won't continue to rack up points as they move forward. FSU has also racked up quite a few points in region 1. Ft. White is sitting in a good spot as well.

While Oxbridge has played the best football so far this year, if the playoffs started tomorrow, they would most likely have 2 very long road trips in the 2nd and 3rd round of the playoffs. First Academy is rocking and rolling with points thus far this season. 43.25 tops all of 3A.

Oxbridge cancelling the Uschool game outright is a blow, as a win would have vaulted them near the top with likely category 1 points at the end of the year. Looking at their schedule, I see quite a few teams finishing at catagory 3 wins, but I don't see them moving their average points drastically higher than where it is now.

MCC has a strong amount of points at 39.33, but the back end of their schedule after returning from Fort Hill, Maryland isn't looking pretty as the last 3 teams on their schedule haven't won yet. Still, the front half of their schedule is looking strong. MCC is capable of beating any team in north 3A, but let's face it- they need home field advantage when they play Oxbridge. MCC going to Oxbridge and winning would be a tall task.

Some immediate feedback on South 3A

Calvary Christian leads the south which is a tip of the hat to the Warrior program, but there's trouble on the horizon. The Warriors lost their starting running back for the year and injuries are starting to mount. Tampa Catholic is very impressive at 38.67. TC should roll the next few weeks, but faces tough tasks against Belleview and Jesuit to finish their season.

I felt that Lakeland Christian played a soft schedule, and the points prove it. Despite being undefeated, their average points are only at 37. I don't really see LCS climbing as their SoS will remain soft going forward outside of Lake Highland Prep.

Chaminade-Madonna, who has played the toughest schedule in the South is surprisingly low right now at 37.4. Part of this, I think is due to Booker T. having 3 losses. Blanche Ely and Piper are hurting their SoS as well. Chaminade really needs Doral Academy, Uschool and Miramar to keep winning and then knock off Doral and Uschool to potentially give them category 1 win points. Doral Academy would give Chaminade category 2 points and Uschool would give Chaminade category 1 points.

CCC is almost positively in the drivers seat if they win out. Tampa Catholic and Berkeley Prep are hitting the soft spots in their schedule, Calvary will probably finish 6-2 and St. Pete Catholic and Northeast will win a few games to give CCC a few extra points. Sarasota Cardinal Mooney will finish at the .500 mark.  CCC is a slight underdog this week at Rockledge, but they'll be hefty favorites in the last 3 games. 

Even if the Marauders fall to Rockledge, they're probably still in good shape to host all 3 games in the South at home as long as Rockeldge also wins 2 additional games to finish their season, Chaminade loses to Booker T and Lakeland Christian loses to Lake Highland Prep. Rockledge would have to be considered heavy favorites over Space Coast and Titusville, Booker T would be a favorite over Chaminade and Lake Highland would be a 2 TD favorite at home against LCS.

Curious to see how this changes from week to week as upsets happen!