What's up in here?

Willie Stargell

55 minutes ago, Willie Stargell said:

...and, from the other side of the Backyard: “It could've been way worse....we had 18 penalties....3 tds called back....2 dropped int's...and a whole bunch of missed tackles”

...is that accurate, from Lee’s perspective?

we had a ton of penalties too, we had them at 3rd 10+ like 15 times at least and we had our best pass rusher out

we have a bunch of things that could have gone either way on both sides

Not been in the loop for, a while (chasing my older son and the USF Bulls around the country). but had to chime in on this, now that we are getting close to playoff interests, especially in 7A.  Lee played like they should be in the youth leagues, on Saturday.  They should beat Ribault 9 out of 10 times.  Ribault in possibly weakest 5A district I have ever seen.  Lee is the better team.

Now to 7A,  unfortunately the complete north area schools will struggle against Lakeland or Viera.  Lakeland has improved this year and Viera is better than their 2015 runner-up team (Plant is a little off this year even though undefeated}. To the Lee's, Bartram Trail's, Columbia's of the world, and any Panhandle teams: Good luck.

Willie you got a good thread going!!

5 minutes ago, Mustangs78 said:

Not been in the loop for, a while (chasing my older son and the USF Bulls around the country). but had to chime in on this, now that we are getting close to playoff interests, especially in 7A.  Lee played like they should be in the youth leagues, on Saturday.  They should beat Ribault 9 out of 10 times.  Ribault in possibly weakest 5A district I have ever seen.  Lee is the better team.

Now to 7A,  unfortunately the complete north area schools will struggle against Lakeland or Viera.  Lakeland has improved this year and Viera is better than their 2015 runner-up team (Plant is a little off this year even though undefeated}. To the Lee's, Bartram Trail's, Columbia's of the world, and any Panhandle teams: Good luck.

Look forward to rematch 

And i think it would be @Viera  which good with me considering i want all 4 rounds on the road,  when our fans walked out of stands early on us in viera game 2 years ago i lost all confidence in our home crowd 

That was crazy, 6 min. to go and Schuck (I think that was QB) had the ball only down 14 and the Columbia faithful were filing out.  Great stadium and loved the train horn.

2 minutes ago, Mustangs78 said:

That was crazy, 6 min. to go and Schuck (I think that was QB) had the ball only down 14 and the Columbia faithful were filing out.  Great stadium and loved the train horn.

I think i saw some leaving earlier than that too

If i wasn't working with team i would have got in face of those fans. I can't respect fans like that giving up on their team and considering all i heard growing up was Columbia having a loyal fan base yet furthest we gone in 12 years and fans couldn't stick it out 

I was embarrassed that we had fans like that so yeah i pray if we get rematch that it is in viera bc i only want our loyal fans to show up

22 minutes ago, Mustangs78 said:

I tell you, the sports bar we were at (maybe gators!) they were sporting their purple and yellow and fired up.  Got to sign out and go watch some Martin County film.  Columbia your posts are awesome and good luck to the Tigers.

Thanks

Hope you come around often especially come playoffs 

6 minutes ago, Willie Stargell said:

Who is the best player on Columbia's team this year? I think it's widely agreed upon that the ATH playing QB for Lee is the top General...but who's the #1 Cat?

that's a good question

RB probably Teon Dollard

WR  either TJ Jones or Marquez Bell

OL got a few stars

both qbs been making plays this year

defense has like 5 or 6 different options that you can go 

ask me in November and I can give you a better answer

2 minutes ago, Willie Stargell said:

Who's got the biggest offers?

that I don't know

I think one or 2 of our OL got offer from UCF

maybe 2 got one from USF

I think one our senior WR got offer but I forgot which school

unless I missed something the biggest offers currently would be UCF or USF

Just now, Willie Stargell said:

It's cool how Lee's coach (OJ Small) was an ATH who played QB for Rob Jennis at Nathan Bedford Forrest - and now the Juice is mentoring a similar kid himself, as a coach. Maybe Derek Jones goes on to lead the SEC in receiving like his coach did...

I think derrick jones should get a power 5 offer at qb, guy might be best qb ive seen from Jacksonville area in years ive seen us play those teams (we play anywhere from 3-7 jax teams a year)

2 minutes ago, Willie Stargell said:

Wofford has done okay...Del Rio has found a niche...Tebow...I'm just throwing names out there...I see your point.

by time I started really getting into football was after tebow had already moved on to gators 

but as of past 5 years or so I will say derrick jones best qb ive seen us play out of jax area