UF

DisabledAccount

3 minutes ago, badbird said:

waste them lol.  Isn't that on the coach?  Or does the University of Florida do something to waste them?  

florida ruined Mac, these big programs have such high expectations that are nearly impossible to achieve 

these coaches should stay and build those programs up, these jobs will constantly come open because they don't have that good stability of keeping coaches long term because of those expectations

4 minutes ago, badbird said:

Florida didn't ruin Mac.  His inability to fix the offense and then making up lies of death threats ruined himself

I honestly don't think he lied about them

however I don't think any threat he received was a real serious threat

you constantly get things like this happen but 99% of the time none of the people saying it have intention to even do anything

Just now, badbird said:

they were talking buyout before the game.  AD said it didn't have to do with on the field.  I'm sure it didn't help him.  He would probably be there if he won 42-7

ik but what you said at end is exactly what I was thinking

had he won 42-7 they probably would hold off for a little bit but that loss gave them even more a reason to move on from him

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

maybe but truthfully the way florida was heading that extra year would probably be more of the same

no doubt he wasn't the answer.  better now then next year.  If they don't make the right hire it will be another 4 years before they are relevant.  

By the 3rd year if a coach hasn't made improvements it's time for him to go.  UF regressed in Mac's 3rd year so he obviously is nit the guy.  Smart is in his 2nd year at Georgia and you can see they improved last year people thought they had screwed up.  I have no ill will towards Mac, I would say I wish him the best but I honestly don't care he has been generously compensated to do a piss poor job.  Hopefully a better decision will be made in hiring the next coach.

5 minutes ago, Sharkbait said:

By the 3rd year if a coach hasn't made improvements it's time for him to go.  UF regressed in Mac's 3rd year so he obviously is nit the guy.  Smart is in his 2nd year at Georgia and you can see they improved last year people thought they had screwed up.  I have no ill will towards Mac, I would say I wish him the best but I honestly don't care he has been generously compensated to do a piss poor job.  Hopefully a better decision will be made in hiring the next coach.

who of those coaches you think would be floridas best hire

I'm thinking matt Campbell would be best fit 

10 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

who of those coaches you think would be floridas best hire

I'm thinking matt Campbell would be best fit 

To be head coach of a program like Florida you have to leave no doubt that you are in charge.  You need a guy that has set on him the size of bowling balls.  There is no doubt who is in charge at Bama, there was no doubt who was in charge at UF when Spurrier or Meyer was there.  I think Stoops could do it but there is something odd about his retirement I don't know if it's health related or burnout.  I have always liked Tuberville ,  Miles is really good but takes too many chances,  I think Kelly is bad news.  As for the younger coaches that is really just a crap shoot,  too much pressure at UF for most and you won't know until you have wasted 3 more years. The one name I keep seeing mentioned that is the stupidest idea and anyone who suggests it should be locked in asylum is Tebow, not a coach, not a coach ,not a coach.

1 minute ago, Sharkbait said:

To be head coach of a program like Florida you have to leave no doubt that you are in charge.  You need a guy that has set on him the size of bowling balls.  There is no doubt who is in charge at Bama, there was no doubt who was in charge at UF when Spurrier or Meyer was there.  I think Stoops could do it but there is something odd about his retirement I don't know if it's health related or burnout.  I have always liked Tuberville ,  Miles is really good but takes too many chances,  I think Kelly is bad news.  As for the younger coaches that is really just a crap shoot,  too much pressure at UF for most and you won't know until you have wasted 3 more years. The one name I keep seeing mentioned that is the stupidest idea and anyone who suggests it should be locked in asylum is Tebow, not a coach, not a coach ,not a coach.

only way Kelly would work at UF is if they let him have full control of recruiting so he can change the dynamic of the players brought in to UF otherwise it wont be a good fit

1 minute ago, badbird said:

Tebow is not a choice.  Media trying to get click bait or ignorant fans

First Tebow is still playing baseball 

Second if Tebow is going to go into coaching he needs to work his way up by starting as a assistant, maybe over at Nease 

Not going straight to head coach of gators 

I would honestly suggest that the University do whatever it takes to put Steve Spurrier back on the field. I believe he's presently a consultant to the UF athletic department. Make him an offer he can't refuse and tell him the entire University needs him and then get on with it. He made the Gators a success story and then went to South Carolina and made them a success story. The guy is a magician.

15 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

only way Kelly would work at UF is if they let him have full control of recruiting so he can change the dynamic of the players brought in to UF otherwise it wont be a good fit

who the F*** do you think has control of recruiting at Florida?   It is the Head Coach.  It is the head coach at every school.  He has the final say on if a kid gets an offer or not.  Stop with this recruiting bull ---- you keep going with. It is stupid.  Yes Florida has missed or under developed QB's and just like any school has missed on some 5 stars.  They weren't missing much about 8 years ago.