UF

DisabledAccount

Even though there is a different AD, almost gotta think Doc Holliday might be getting a phone call. He's been rumored to several P5 openings over the past few years, including UF. Removing the interim tag from Randy Shannon might not be a bad idea, either, depending how he does these next couple games. 

SEC Country has some interesting names that can be read here

LMAO

those last 4 options are crazy

bob stoops could have stayed at Oklahoma 

Les miles just left a very rabid fan base so I doubt joining another is his best option

LOL Jon gruden, I doubt gurden would ever consider a UF job 

steve spurrier, well it wouldn't be a bad idea but 10 years too late to finish that last UF chapter, he too old to take on that stress

of those options Matt Campbell might be their best option

maybe chip Kelly but only way that works out is if they give chip full control over florida recruiting 

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

they actually found better players back then, specifically on offensive side of ball

they haven't done that since they left

or maybe they haven't developed them or kept them.  What if they still had Grier at QB and Calloway and Cleveland at WR.  You have to develop players and get them to reach their full potential.  They haven't done that.  

Just now, badbird said:

or maybe they haven't developed them or kept them.  What if they still had Grier at QB and Calloway and Cleveland at WR.  You have to develop players and get them to reach their full potential.  They haven't done that.  

well coaching is part of the problem and maybe urban would have gotten more out of the current players than Muschamp and Mac but he probably would have found better players, especially at QB

how does FL keep missing at that spot, guys like teddy bridgewater were right here in FL and they pass on him for Jeff Driskel??

Kids these days don't always want to stay in state. Look at it this way, I'm a good player going to a team with other good players. I can go out of state and create a legacy and try to build the program around ME. Don't forget most kids want IT and want IT NOW. There is no waiting behind players to get your chance anymore ( or very few ).

Issue is the culture at schools who are down right now. The culture at UF is not good and hasn't been. The arrests and transfers are up. Does not change with AD and 2 coaches. Changing the coach is just the scapegoat. Change the culture and you will find success.   By the way I am a UF fan so I call it how I see it.

30 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

well coaching is part of the problem and maybe urban would have gotten more out of the current players than Muschamp and Mac but he probably would have found better players, especially at QB

how does FL keep missing at that spot, guys like teddy bridgewater were right here in FL and they pass on him for Jeff Driskel??

and Driskel didn't do bad when he left and also made a NFL roster.  How many others missed on Bridgewater.  Can't blame just Florida and by the way they offered Bridgewater

1 minute ago, badbird said:

and Driskel didn't do bad when he left and also made a NFL roster.  How many others missed on Bridgewater.  Can't blame just Florida and by the way they offered Bridgewater

not all those who missed on bridgewater were right here in florida

sure some passed on him but a talent like that in your own state you would think you could land him

45 minutes ago, badbird said:

I agree, you have to develop players.  McElwian hasn't been able to pull the talent out of the QB's. He could be there another 4 years and have Tebow and still lose the big games.

My opinion is to hire Mike Norvell from Memphis. He took a small program from losing against the big boys to beating them. He knows how to develop talent. If he had some of the talent that is at Florida right now his team would be top 5 in the nation.

Just now, Cat_Scratch said:

I agree, you have to develop players.  McElwian hasn't been able to pull the talent out of the QB's. He could be there another 4 years and have Tebow and still lose the big games.

My opinion is to hire Mike Norvell from Memphis. He took a small program from losing against the big boys to beating them. He knows how to develop talent. If he had some of the talent that is at Florida right now his team would be top 5 in the nation.

same reason I rather UCF keep their guy

both those programs look to be on rise and I personally want to see new blood and don't want florida to take those coaches only to waste them

correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't muschamp and Mac both up and coming coaches when florida hired them?

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

both those programs look to be on rise and I personally want to see new blood and don't want florida to take those coaches only to waste them

correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't muschamp and Mac both up and coming coaches when florida hired them?

One was an Offensive Cord and the other was a defensive cord under head coaches. Muschamp was a wanna be. McElwian showed signs of being a head coach but lacked the assistant coaches. Florida probably ruined him.

10 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

waste them lol.  Isn't that on the coach?  Or does the University of Florida do something to waste them?  

10 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

One was an Offensive Cord and the other was a defensive cord under head coaches. Muschamp was a wanna be. McElwian showed signs of being a head coach but lacked the assistant coaches. Florida probably ruined him.

Mac can be a good coach in the right system, he just needs to look for a new team with less pressure and build his confidence back up