Lakeland/Plant

badbird

I usually spend my time going to Orange/Lake/Osceola/Seminole County games but Friday I will venture over to one of my favorite stadiums to play and watch a game.  Bryant Stadium use to be rocking and I hope to see a great crowd there for both sides.  Last year's game was an epic one where Plant scored 22 points in the 4th quarter and blocked a Lakeland punt late to set up the game winning TD.  Hopefully I get to see a game as exciting as that one was.   Both teams would probably be favored next week and with a down STA the winner has a legit shot at a state title.  I wouldn't pick against STA at this point but 7A is more open than it has been in years past.   I wish both teams luck and may the best team win.

28 minutes ago, gwdrum75 said:

Plant 13

Lakeland 10

Final

Two really even teams. In the end, Plant made a play and Lakeland couldn't. 

Sounds like it

Its just disappointing to see the classlessness being shown on scorestream where i was trying to follow game on

Looks like Bartram hosts plant next week 

Classlessness?  It was a great game that came down to the end.  Plant beats Lakeland in back to back years with block kicks that decide the game.  This time they had to drive 70 to win after the blocked kick.  I haven’t seen Bartram but I give them a great shot at beating Plant.  Plant is well coached but they had some key injuries tonight that will hurt.  After watching tonight I would have to think Venice or STA would be 2 TD favorites over the north

We live.  4 out of 5 head to head and  2-1 at Lakeland.  The classlessness wasn't so much ON the field but off.  The fans----grown a** men AND women---HORRIBLE but fun at the same time.  Sad these adults spend their time in warm-ups cussing out, throwing the cracker and N-word name calling at my DB's in warmups.  Had the opposite effect for our guys.  There were conditioned from the start about the streetfight that took place and what lied ahead.  I still LOVE everything about Lakeland including their HC.  I just don't like the namecalling by the adults.  It's pretty bad.  

4 minutes ago, YODA MASTER said:

We live.  4 out of 5 head to head and  2-1 at Lakeland.  The classlessness wasn't so much ON the field but off.  The fans----grown a** men AND women---HORRIBLE but fun at the same time.  Sad these adults spend their time in warm-ups cussing out, throwing the cracker and N-word name calling at my DB's in warmups.  Had the opposite effect for our guys.  There were conditioned from the start about the streetfight that took place and what lied ahead.  I still LOVE everything about Lakeland including their HC.  I just don't like the namecalling by the adults.  It's pretty bad.  

If you get to state, you'll need more than luck itself to beat STA.

39 minutes ago, badbird said:

Classlessness?  It was a great game that came down to the end.  Plant beats Lakeland in back to back years with block kicks that decide the game.  This time they had to drive 70 to win after the blocked kick.  I haven’t seen Bartram but I give them a great shot at beating Plant.  Plant is well coached but they had some key injuries tonight that will hurt.  After watching tonight I would have to think Venice or STA would be 2 TD favorites over the north

Just look at the scorestream chat for lakeland plant game 

You will see what i mean 

44 minutes ago, badbird said:

https://scorestream.com/game/lakeland-vs-plant-1539826

Read some of comments and you will see what I mean 

Wasn't just lakeland and plant fans involved either

This was a hard hitting and defensive game.  Lakeland's QB, RB, and DL are excellent players. If the teams play 10 times each is going to win 5.

Plant lost its RB to a vicious hit that almost knocked him out. As it was, their returning starter was already lost for the year 1 week before the season started. Hopefully he can return but I doubt he comes back next week. Maybe for the Championship round if they make it. Not saying it was a dirty hit. Play occurred closer to the L sideline so I didn't have a good viewing angle. They also lost a an excellent DL/LB. Kid with a great motor and a big contributor. He was carted off with what appeared to be a significant leg injury so it's unlikely he returns for the playoffs.  

Plant plays with heart every week. It's funny how you experts on here write them off because your sick of them. Lol.

6 minutes ago, 181pl said:

This was a hard hitting and defensive game.  Lakeland's QB, RB, and DL are excellent players. If the teams play 10 times each is going to win 5.

Plant lost its RB to a vicious hit that almost knocked him out. As it was, their returning starter was already lost for the year 1 week before the season started. Hopefully he can return but I doubt he comes back next week. Maybe for the Championship round if they make it. Not saying it was a dirty hit. Play occurred closer to the L sideline so I didn't have a good viewing angle. They also lost a an excellent DL/LB. Kid with a great motor and a big contributor. He was carted off with what appeared to be a significant leg injury so it's unlikely he returns for the playoffs.  

Plant plays with heart every week. It's funny how you experts on here write them off because your sick of them. Lol.

When you are on top people want to see you fall. 

6 minutes ago, 181pl said:

You all should win next week 

Bartram hasn't beaten a elite team all season

If plant is truly a threat to either team from the south they Wont lose to bartram 

Just now, 941football said:

When you are on top people want to see you fall. 

Very true

Anytime someone wins a bunch they sit back and hope they will lose just to smack talk lol

I thought plant was a contender but when they got crushed by armwood i began to feel they weren't as strong as last year and would end up being a terrible matchup for sta if they were to play again

Sta is down FL needs someone to beat sta this year otherwise 7a Will look like one of worst classes in the state 

25 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Very true

Anytime someone wins a bunch they sit back and hope they will lose just to smack talk lol

I thought plant was a contender but when they got crushed by armwood i began to feel they weren't as strong as last year and would end up being a terrible matchup for sta if they were to play again

Sta is down FL needs someone to beat sta this year otherwise 7a Will look like one of worst classes in the state 

I don't think a statement of STA winning makes 7A the worst class. 

Players play the game. If you have good players then your chances are better than most. 

48 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Very true

Theoretically, maybe losing makes a team better.  The best thing that happened to this team was losing to Armwood.  We ALWAYS get better in defeat.