Armwood vs MNW

954gator

On 12/5/2017 at 5:13 PM, FLFB said:

It seems you are contriving this idea they have historically struggled vs SFL teams in the playoffs by nitpicking facts.

Why would you arbitrarily start at 2007? You conveniently left out 2004 and 2005 when Armwood beat BTW (including on the road in 05').

2007= BTW's second best team in school history 

2008= Not a SFL team

2009= Dwyer's best team in school history

2010= W vs. Dwyer you conveniently left out (as I stated in the other post, forfeits are irrelevant in evaluating teams performance)

2011= W vs. Miami Central you conveniently left out

2012= Not a SFL team

2013-15= MC, the only SFL team/years you can say Armwood has truly struggled with

2016= Not a SFL team

That's 4-5 vs. SFL elites in the playoffs, not good, not bad, you win some you lose some, about what you'd expect

2-1 vs. BTW

1-1 vs. Dwyer

1-3 vs. MC

Also them not having a close game all season is more a testament to them this year than a slight to their schedule as Plant, TBT, and Hillsborough (x2) were all pretty good this year, better then the last few years.

And do you really think none of the teams Armwood faced this year "are remotely as fast or physical across the board" as Naples?! That is asinine. Naples is not that good. The 3 aforementioned teams would all easily beat Naples as would Vanguard and St. augustine.

The game this year will be close, just like CC-LG last year but higher scoring. And I give the West the edge due to being more battle tested vs. elites and having engaged in close games

2009 Dwyer was ridiculous....I would go out on a limb an say the best team ever out of PB County.  I believe several (4 - 7?)  players went on to sign NFL contracts from that team...

8 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

2009 Dwyer was ridiculous....I would go out on a limb an say the best team ever out of PB County.  I believe several (4 - 7?)  players went on to sign NFL contracts from that team...

How come Dwyer can't get talent like they did that year

Is Palm Beach talent down or just more spread out 

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

How come Dwyer can't get talent like they did that year

Is Palm Beach talent down or just more spread out 

Jack Daniels is great at getting 'em in....  They were young and in a rebuilding year this year.  Dwyer has had some very good teams since 2009.  2009 was just exceptional.  I just don't like the fact that they have never played any Broward or Dade teams in the regular season in their existence since I believe 93ish...Either way they are still the perennial large school public power of PB County for now.  I think Dwyer returns pretty strong next year.

3 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Jack Daniels is great at getting 'em in....  They were young and in a rebuilding year this year.  Dwyer has had some very good teams since 2009.  2009 was just exceptional.  I just don't like the fact that they have never played any Broward or Dade teams in the regular season in their existence since I believe 93ish...Either way they are still the perennial large school public power of PB County for now.  I think Dwyer returns pretty strong next year.

Bout time sta gets some competition from region 4 lol

On December 4, 2017 at 12:54 PM, OldSchoolLion said:

Used to live in the Tampa area back in the early 2000's and watch the area teams play.  I remember back then wondering why Armwood would rarely, if ever, play anyone from outside Hillsborough County in the regular season, especially when you had good teams like Lakeland, Kathleen, and Lake Gibson right down the interstate in Polk County and a number of good teams not too far away in the Sarasota/Bradenton area.  From what I recall, they might have only 1-2 close games per year, against Hillsborough and Plant, and all of the rest were blowouts.

Back then, this practice seemed to hurt them come playoff time when they might have to travel and play much tougher teams than what they were used to.  I see that is still the trend today to play local teams, many of whom are much weaker.  Does anyone know why this is the case?

Just for kicks, I looked at their schedule since 2005 and looks like they only played a handful of teams from outside their area, and only one of those was an away game:

2008 Bothell, WA-HOME-WON

2011 Bishop Gorman, NV-AWAY-LOST

2012 American Heritage-Delray(3A school)-HOME-LOST

2013 Cooper City (3-8 record that year)-HOME-WON

I have experience with high school football in south Florida and a team in Dade or Broward County could build a brutal schedule playing just county teams-no need to travel far.  Judging by the scores of many of Armwood's games, things are not as competitive there, even now.    

Hillsborourgh county AD makes the schedules for Hillsborough county high schools that's why none of them play schools outside Hillsborough county. They have no choice. With this new point system no one would schedule the good teams anyway. Nothing to gain everything to loose. Look at Booker T in 4A. Only people that would play them were the good Miami schools. 4 wins and ranked in top 5 in state poll and not enough points to make playoffs.