Increase of 4 teams to 6 teams per region in playoff approved by FHSAA BOD

Joshua Wilson

4 minutes ago, badbird said:

of course not every system is going to have some issues but eliminate the obvious ones.  Oh well I'm tired of arguing it.  I would love a team to go 0-10 next year and get in.  it could happen

I'm not a math major but only way that seems possible is for a team to schedule 10 teams coming off a playoff season and finish with 10 cat 1 losses

Doubt anyone outside of img will have a chance of playing 10 cat 1 teams and no team in a district will have that happen which means no team 5a up will have that happen 

So odds are against that happening

On 2/1/2018 at 7:49 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I'm not a math major but only way that seems possible is for a team to schedule 10 teams coming off a playoff season and finish with 10 cat 1 losses

Doubt anyone outside of img will have a chance of playing 10 cat 1 teams and no team in a district will have that happen which means no team 5a up will have that happen 

So odds are against that happening

1A region 2 and 4 has 8 teams.  Region 1 and 3 has 9 teams.  

2A region 3 and 4 has 9 teams.

3A region 1 and 3 has 8 teams and region 2 has 9 teams. 

There is a very good chance someone 1-9 makes the playoffs and you could easily get an 0-10 team in if there are 3 bad teams in these regions.  I can't find the playoff points from the FHSAA last year to look and see what would happen.  Does anyone know where they are listed now.