Vero Beach offense

FloTech

3 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Because they have run it for over a decade lol and @DarterBlue2 can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm guessing they are brought up running it so it comes naturally 

It takes time to perfect a system like the wing T or the single wing and most usually don't have that kind of time so most instead do a spread because that can be taught in a off-season while something like wing T of single wing could take a year or 2 before it becomes effective 

Kinda like how NFL teams have moved away from the West Coast offense because it takes so long to perfect it and there is so much turnover that it is almost pointless to try

The teams that run it are ones who have done so for a while 

Well we need to start lol

Because they have run it for over a decade lol and @DarterBlue2 can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm guessing they are brought up running it so it comes naturally 

It takes time to perfect a system like the wing T or the single wing and most usually don't have that kind of time so most instead do a spread because that can be taught in a off-season while something like wing T of single wing could take a year or 2 before it becomes effective 

Kinda like how NFL teams have moved away from the West Coast offense because it takes so long to perfect it and there is so much turnover that it is almost pointless to try

The teams that run it are ones who have done so for a while 

5 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Well as i said it may take a few seasons of repetition before it starts clicking with the players 

The biggest advantage of a system like the wing T or the single wing is that it takes advantage of undisciplined teams who like to over pursue 

Like remember when Bolles came to south Florida and played Deerfield Beach 

Deerfield Beach was by far the more talented team but they are also undisciplined 

Bolles ran through them like butter 

These offenses also are rarley seen by teams in south Florida because very few actually run it, at least effectively 

That's why apopka generally has good success against South Florida teams when they play,  those teams basically never see the offense

But you have to be a disciplined team as well as commit to the offense 100%

So basically keep running it even if you get stopped out of the gate

My advice is if you are serious about it then i would suggest calling up apopka (single wing) or Bolles (wing T) and finding out what you can about the offense so when you talk to Dillard's OC you will have a lot of information about it and the OC will likely take your opinion about running it more seriously because you will be showing you know a bit about the offense as opposed to just saying "hey we should run that wing offense that apopka runs"

And yes there is a difference between the 2 offenses

Wing T is similar to (i think wishbone like Maryland runs or used to run) 

Single Wing is what used to be run in the 1920s and 1930s by Notre dame and even what the early NFL teams ran

Well as i said it may take a few seasons of repetition before it starts clicking with the players 

The biggest advantage of a system like the wing T or the single wing is that it takes advantage of undisciplined teams who like to over pursue 

Like remember when Bolles came to south Florida and played Deerfield Beach 

Deerfield Beach was by far the more talented team but they are also undisciplined 

Bolles ran through them like butter 

These offenses also are rarley seen by teams in south Florida because very few actually run it, at least effectively 

That's why apopka generally has good success against South Florida teams when they play,  those teams basically never see the offense

But you have to be a disciplined team as well as commit to the offense 100%

So basically keep running it even if you get stopped out of the gate

My advice is if you are serious about it then i would suggest calling up apopka (single wing) or Bolles (wing T) and finding out what you can about the offense so when you talk to Dillard's OC you will have a lot of information about it and the OC will likely take your opinion about running it more seriously because you will be showing you know a bit about the offense as opposed to just saying "hey we should run that wing offense that apopka runs"

And yes there is a difference between the 2 offenses

Wing T is similar to (i think wishbone like Maryland runs or used to run) 

Single Wing is what used to be run in the 1920s and 1930s by Notre dame and even what the early NFL teams ran

Got u I’m most definitely gonna do research 

4 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Most (but not all) of the local youth teams in Apopka run some variant of the single wing. Darlington does it because he is first and foremost, a coach that wants to run the ball and control the clock. I think to him single wing works best because so few teams run it, that it has an element of surprise to opposing teams especially by the third round of the playoffs and beyond when you are playing out of area teams for the most part. 

5 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

@DarterBlue2

Ain't the main difference between wing T and single wing is that the single Wing doesn't have a true qb?

It is one difference. Another difference is that no one takes snaps under center unless the center snaps to the blocking back which Apopka does occasionally. Note also that the lines are always unbalanced. But any of the two wing backs or the fullback could be normally be expected to get the ball from the center on each play.  

11 hours ago, badbird said:

I might know someone that use to be there 

Good for u (removed by mod) 

*please refrain from using that term,  while some may be ok with it there is a possibility that using it can lead to it being taken the wrong way, therefore it's better if it's just not used*