DILLARD @ BOOKER T WEEK 1

Soooo week one we travel to traz Powell to start our 4 consecutive game road trip to play the tornadoes.

has anyone heard anything about them so far I know we still have the summer to go and anything can happen within then transfers etc. 

but as of right now does this look like a possible interesting matchup for week one or do u guys see blow out in favor of BTW either way.

24 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Soooo week one we travel to traz Powell to start our 4 consecutive game road trip to play the tornadoes.

has anyone heard anything about them so far I know we still have the summer to go and anything can happen within then transfers etc. 

but as of right now does this look like a possible interesting matchup for week one or do u guys see blow out in favor of BTW either way.

Well the qb for BTW last year went to Carol City which leaves a big question mark but i haven't heard anything else of note about them

@954gator @Zoe Boy @BrowardHandicapper

Any word on movement around BTW? 

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Well the qb for BTW last year went to Carol City which leaves a big question mark but i haven't heard anything else of note about them

@954gator @Zoe Boy @BrowardHandicapper

Any word on movement around BTW? 

Last I heard there is no question marks with BTW’s current QB scenario.  

For those of you not familiar with the area...distance from Dillard to each of the following schools.  Potentially 4 of the top 100 teams in the country in your backyard.    

St Thomas 3 miles

Cardinal Gibbons 8 miles

Pine Crest 8 miles

American Heritage Plantation 10 miles

University School 11 miles

Chaminade-Madonna 12 miles

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

Booker T 1st team - 45 points 

Dillard 1st team 3

Booker T 2nd team 7 points 

Dillard 2nd team 10 points 

final score BTW 52, Dillard 13

So basically another win for btw in blow out fashion. 

Well if last years game is any indication of this years result we lost by 25 last year greatned holding them scoreless the entire. Second half but so did they lol. 

All I can say is until Dillard shows their ready to compete with the big boys I have to agree with you My panthers have yet to show me their ready for the elite of Miami shoot they have struggled with the below avg of Broward county. 

51 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

For those of you not familiar with the area...distance from Dillard to each of the following schools.  Potentially 4 of the top 100 teams in the country in your backyard.    

St Thomas 3 miles

Cardinal Gibbons 8 miles

Pine Crest 8 miles

American Heritage Plantation 10 miles

University School 11 miles

Chaminade-Madonna 12 miles

I think all of them are nationally ranked besides pine crest 

Just now, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Well if last years game is any indication of this years result we lost by 25 last year greatned holding them scoreless the entire. Second half but so did they lol. 

All I can say is until Dillard shows their ready to compete with the big boys I have to agree with you My panthers have yet to show me their ready for the elite of Miami shoot they have struggled with the below avg of Broward county. 

Not your guys fault. All the studs in Broward are going the private route. You need a coach who can attract talent like Devin Bush with Flanagan. 

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

Not your guys fault. All the studs in Broward are going the private route. You need a coach who can attract talent like Devin Bush with Flanagan. 

Right we brought in I guess a popular coach in the college ranks this off season I don’t know much about him but his hire did get some recognition around the city by local sport sites so idk how this may play out then we got a offensive corordinator from lane university but I don’t know anything about him but as putrid as our offense has been the last few years I guess anything is a upgrade at this point huh ?

3 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Booker T 1st team - 45 points 

Dillard 1st team 3

Booker T 2nd team 7 points 

Dillard 2nd team 10 points 

final score BTW 52, Dillard 13

BTW didn't even score that much when they had that stud qb last year 

BTW wins but they ain't scoring 52 points, Dillard woes are usually on offense, defense usually solid

1 hour ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Well as broward already mentioned the district is pretty bad so you all should have no trouble winning it so these non-conference games are more about preparing the team for playoffs

19 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Right we brought in I guess a popular coach in the college ranks this off season I don’t know much about him but his hire did get some recognition around the city by local sport sites so idk how this may play out then we got a offensive corordinator from lane university but I don’t know anything about him but as putrid as our offense has been the last few years I guess anything is a upgrade at this point huh ?

The thing though with college coaches is they don't always mesh with high school players 

Even if both coaches are stars of the Xs and Os if they don't get the players to buy into the system nothing will change

31 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

BTW didn't even score that much when they had that stud qb last year 

BTW wins but they ain't scoring 52 points, Dillard woes are usually on offense, defense usually solid

Lol guess we will see I would love nothing more then a panthers win that would not only wake up the rest of Broward county but it will put a diff taste in the alumni mouth they will start to b more involved and buying in and it would do wonders for just the program in general.

32 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Well as broward already mentioned the district is pretty bad so you all should have no trouble winning it so these non-conference games are more about preparing the team for playoffs

I agree but we need to win some of these non conference games to show they are ready for the playoffs 

23 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Yea besides DFB and some what Miramar yea basically most going to privates I see

1 hour ago, Zoe Boy said:

Yea besides DFB and some what Miramar yea basically most going to privates I see

And tbh unless STA U SCHOOL (can’t forget about them as a power) AHP GIBBONS & etc close down I don’t see that trend changing anytime soon.

but as proven in the past those schools can be beat in my opinion will is almost equivalent to talent any day. 

Just have to field a discipline team who buys into the program who doesn’t beat themselves which seems very hard to find in Florida our teams good and bad seem to be very undisciplined running the most basic offenses where as up north their running pro style type offenses and their discipline and attention to detail is off the chart.

8 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

And tbh unless STA U SCHOOL (can’t forget about them as a power) AHP GIBBONS & etc close down I don’t see that trend changing anytime soon.

but as proven in the past those schools can be beat in my opinion will is almost equivalent to talent any day. 

Just have to field a discipline team who buys into the program who doesn’t beat themselves which seems very hard to find in Florida our teams good and bad seem to be very undisciplined running the most basic offenses where as up north their running pro style type offenses and their discipline and attention to detail is off the chart.

Think about this for a second 

What if publics were given the same funding as privates and academies get from the state? 

As we may already know the state legislature has criminally underfunded public schools yet throw millions towards these privates and academies like IMG

public schools have poor education, limited equipment, no support and practically bankrupt in a large portion of the state

Privates are a easy attraction, they also have plenty of spare funds to build better facilities then there public school counterparts as well as hire better coaches 

The fall of the public school is a result of private schools being better equipped both athletically and academically 

The only way to get publics back on same level as privates is to put money back into our public schools so they can compete with the privates 

3 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

What if publics were given the same funding as privates and academies get from the state? 

As we may already know the state legislature has criminally underfunded public schools yet throw millions towards these privates and academies like IMG

public schools have poor education, limited equipment, no support and practically bankrupt in a large portion of the state

Privates are a easy attraction, they also have plenty of spare funds to build better facilities then there public school counterparts as well as hire better coaches 

The fall of the public school is a result of private schools being better equipped both athletically and academically 

The only way to get publics back on same level as privates is to put money back into our public schools so they can compete with the privates 

@OldSchoolLion

5 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Hmmmmm