How Big Was Venice's Win over STA? Talent Comparison

OldSchoolLion

3 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

In my eyesight I think they where down just like in 2013 when dwyer beat em

Wouldn’t say they were down.. They just wasn’t dominant as prior STA teams.. Don’t believe on the star hype... All of them don’t be what the rivals or 247 tank them.. alike I say i go by what my eyes see..

12 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I would love for Columbia to be "down" like St Thomas Aquinas 

It would be more d1 talent then we have in our best years

So quit making excuses, St Thomas Aquinas lost in the playoffs because they showed either they couldn't out coach Venice or maybe they just didn't have the same heart Venice had because St Thomas Aquinas is used to being handed everything with a silver spoon in their mouth 

They just like Bolles, both are silver spoon programs that need to be sent back to Earth from time to time because otherwise homers will act like they can never lose

I think u jealous of them programs

50 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

I like STA I'm not a hater stop hating 

Oh my goodness 

I'm not a hater I'm just sick of people acting like St Thomas Aquinas can only lose when they are "down" or screwed over by zebras 

Their "down" is more future d1 players then anyone else in 7a, why the hell should i feel sorry for a team who is loaded in talent every year but still couldn't win a class that every "expert" claims is full of weak teams that they will "roll"

57 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

If they qb don’t ball STA ain’t going nowhere plus their oline also wasn’t up to par like prior teams they had... Ppl fail to realize that also about STA last year

I think STA is going to have to learn how to do more with less in the future in terms of linemen.  Now STA must compete with AHP, Chaminade, Cardinal Gibbons and University for the talent.  5 years ago it was a completely different picture.  There is also the chance that IMG could pull a player from the area.  IMG's lines were sick this past year. 

I think there are enough skill players to go around, but elite lineman have never been in overabundance in Broward County.

18 hours ago, gatorman-uf said:

How many stars awarded for just being at STA though? 
I know scouts and coaches look at the film, they look at measurables like height, weight, speed, jumping ability at all of these combines. I am not suggesting I could do their job better than it is already being done, but stars do not mean anything. How much easier is it to beat a blocker when the guy on the other side of the line line is getting two blockers because he is a 4* recruit as well. How much easier is it to get open when the other 4* WR is just as good as you ande demands double coverage? 

Sometimes, I do think these rankings companies have a little bias towards a big name program that consistently produces recruits (which then becomes a self-fullfilling cycle of recruits). 

Don't get me wrong, these recruits also produce consistent wins, but this is also why the Division 1 (64 team division) would be great. Great teams facing great teams.

FYI..this is one reason why I stuck to 3-star players and up in the analysis.  Florida had about 285 seniors last year who were "3-star."  The vast majority of them are going to FBS schools. So, by saying a school has "x" number of 3-star players, it's almost like saying they have "X" number of future FBS players.  When one goes down to 2-stars, that is where things get gray, with a much higher percentage not going FBS.

If one really wanted to be prudent, you could compare the number of 4 or 5-star players on teams.  I don't think there are many 4-star players out there that people would say are not that good.   STA had 12.  For perspective, AH Plantation and Chaminade each had 4.  I don't think there is any school in the state other than STA that had more than 4 "4-star" starters on its roster this past season.   

I'm not a hater I'm just sick of people acting like St. Thomas Aquinas can only lose when they are "down" or screwed over by zebras 

Above is your original quote. You are complaining that STA fans will always say it was a down year or that they were screwed by the refs. I changed it to "I'm not a hater I'm just sick of people acting like St. Thomas Aquinas their teams 
can only lose when they are "down" or screwed over by zebras ,

Because somebody on these boards, believes the only time their team loses is if refs/umps screw over their team. Thus acting exactly like the STA fans.  Thus it isn't an STA issue it is a universal issue. 

2 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

I'm not a hater I'm just sick of people acting like St. Thomas Aquinas can only lose when they are "down" or screwed over by zebras 

Above is your original quote. You are complaining that STA fans will always say it was a down year or that they were screwed by the refs. I changed it to "I'm not a hater I'm just sick of people acting like St. Thomas Aquinas their teams 
can only lose when they are "down" or screwed over by zebras ,

Because somebody on these boards, believes the only time their team loses is if refs/umps screw over their team. Thus acting exactly like the STA fans.  Thus it isn't an STA issue it is a universal issue. 

First off i rarely blame officials for losses especially in football because I'm used to us averaging 150+ yards of penalties a game and we usually overcome it

In fact the only loss i blamed on officials this entire year across any of our sports was when softball had to play on the road with the home team getting local officials assigned to them

If the officials were from the panhandle or Orlando or Tallahassee I wouldn't have even made a big deal out of it but when a Jacksonville team gets Jacksonville officials association as the umpire crew for a playoff game when the fhsaa has a rule in place that neither team can have a officials crew from their area that bothers me

And any person that watched that game could see how easy those blown calls cost us a game

Hell go back and watch the game for yourself, in fact if i recall correctly they actually stated during the video broadcast that blown calls like the one at home plate can cost someone the game 

There is so much emphasis now on individual talent, I think a lot of folks(not just fans of the team) naturally assume when certain teams don't win a championship, it must be a "down" year.  There are so many other factors that come into play.  

It's funny because long ago it was very rare to see teams reeling off state titles.  Expectations of certain teams today are just so high.  It's unfair to the kids on a team who worked very hard to brand them as members of a "down team."  They may have worked just as hard or harder than the kids in an "up" year, but certain circumstances, some possibly beyond their control, prevented them from attaining the same level of success.      

4 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

There is so much emphasis now on individual talent, I think a lot of folks(not just fans of the team) naturally assume when certain teams don't win a championship, it must be a "down" year.  There are so many other factors that come into play.  

It's funny because long ago it was very rare to see teams reeling off state titles.  Expectations of certain teams today are just so high.  It's unfair to the kids on a team who worked very hard to brand them as members of a "down team."  They may have worked just as hard or harder than the kids in an "up" year, but certain circumstances, some possibly beyond their control, prevented them from attaining the same level of success.      

Exposure has also changed and made teams more recognizable and increased the pressure some programs put on their teams