KO Classics for 3A

SPCjessica2004

I wanted to create a thread dedicated to 3A football KO Classics. Last night I'm aware of 2 games that occured or at least sort of occured.  Berkeley Prep hosted 2A Victory Christian and Ocala Trinity played Gainesville Bucholtz.

Berkeley Prep is always one of those teams that you have to watch out for because they have a great coaching staff under Dom Ciao. They usually also have 2-3 superstar type players. Last night, BP knocked off Class 2A State Semifinalist Victory Christian 21-7 in a game that was delayed 45 minutes before kickoff and ultimately stopped at halftime due to lightening. Berkeley Prep QB Joshua Youngblood had a great game accounting for 140 yards passing as Berkeley scored TD's on all 3 offensive possessions. Both TD passes were to RJ Garcia who constantly was side open without a body within 20 yards of him. Last year was disappointing for Berkeley Prep, but this year should see them return to the playoffs and be in contention for a 1st round bye.

Hopefully OTCfanOcala can fill us in on the OTC game. I heard the varsity team played well in spurts against Buchholtz.    If anyone else played, spill the beans!

11 hours ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

I wanted to create a thread dedicated to 3A football KO Classics. Last night I'm aware of 2 games that occured or at least sort of occured.  Berkeley Prep hosted 2A Victory Christian and Ocala Trinity played Gainesville Bucholtz.

Berkeley Prep is always one of those teams that you have to watch out for because they have a great coaching staff under Dom Ciao. They usually also have 2-3 superstar type players. Last night, BP knocked off Class 2A State Semifinalist Victory Christian 21-7 in a game that was delayed 45 minutes before kickoff and ultimately stopped at halftime due to lightening. Berkeley Prep QB Joshua Youngblood had a great game accounting for 140 yards passing as Berkeley scored TD's on all 3 offensive possessions. Both TD passes were to RJ Garcia who constantly was side open without a body within 20 yards of him. Last year was disappointing for Berkeley Prep, but this year should see them return to the playoffs and be in contention for a 1st round bye.

Hopefully OTCfanOcala can fill us in on the OTC game. I heard the varsity team played well in spurts against Buchholtz.    If anyone else played, spill the beans!

Unfortunately, I'm in New Orleans this week and had to miss the OTC/Buchholz game. Looks like OTC was down 22-6 for the Varsity and up 14-6 for the JV. Hope they are not falling into the same rut as the previous 3 years where the offense was not able to score consistently.

Thanks Spy! I heard Chaminade dominated the game from start to finish but a mental mistake allowed Columbus to score late. 

Tampa Catholic defeated Tampa Robinson.
Orlando TFA knocked off Lakeland Christian.
MCC came up just short against Gulliver Prep.
Berkeley Prep pounded Victory Christian.
CCC knocked off Wiregrass Ranch.
Calvary Christian knocked off SPC.
I saw King's Academy had a good KOC as well.
Florida High dominated.

I'll do a week 1 preview later this week. I think Chaminade vs Deerfield Beach and CCC/Berkeley will gather most of the small school headlines, but Ft. White deserves some love as does quite a few other programs.