STA beating Demetha 24-0

Floridatech

2 hours ago, 954gator said:

Dematha isn't some chump though.  Ask Central and Heritage.   It was very impressive and you need to take off you Canes-hatin glasses to see it lol.

I watched that game last night (little behind on the weekend games but I'm starting to catch up)

Sta looks better than that pitiful version they put out on offense side of ball last year but they still aren't as good as 2016 or 2015 teams

While they look solid in the trenches their qb isn't that impressive to me,  he did move well and got some yards scrambling but his accuracy was touch and go

They will win because of their defense, not because of qb play

28 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I watched that game last night (little behind on the weekend games but I'm starting to catch up)

Sta looks better than that pitiful version they put out on offense side of ball last year but they still aren't as good as 2016 or 2015 teams

While they look solid in the trenches their qb isn't that impressive to me,  he did move well and got some yards scrambling but his accuracy was touch and go

They will win because of their defense, not because of qb play

pitiful?:blink:  I bet a lot of coaches around the state would have loved to have had that "pitiful" offense.

2 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

pitiful?:blink:  I bet a lot of coaches around the state would have loved to have had that "pitiful" offense.

They had a bloody linebacker lining up at qb

Tell me how many teams in the state would like to have a linebacker on their team (any of them)  as their qb 

And I'm not talking some kid who played 2 way his entire life i mean someone just throwing one of their linebackers in their as their qb

12 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

They had a bloody linebacker lining up at qb

Tell me how many teams in the state would like to have a linebacker on their team (any of them)  as their qb 

And I'm not talking some kid who played 2 way his entire life i mean someone just throwing one of their linebackers in their as their qb

Well, STA ended up with 12 wins last year.  How many teams could say that?  Despite their challenges, they seemed to do pretty well.

Columbia finished with 7 wins last year.  If 12 wins equates to a pitiful offense, what adjective would you use for Columbia?

On 8/25/2018 at 10:31 PM, Floridatech said:

But STA got the edge on coachin tho

In my humble opinion, STA develops great football players and assistant coaches. Ryan Schneider has Cocoa clickin on all cylinders. First quarter Cocoa looks a little out of sync. Second quarter they stop the dumb mistakes. 3rd and 4th quarters Cocoa looks unbeatable. The truth will be in the season and into the playoffs, with BTW looming very large. I'm very impressed with Schneider, and what he has brought from STA to Cocoa. His Offensive coaching skills shine. You can see it in the plays and the players. I'm hopeful this season. Thank you STA and the Cocoa AD/Wilks for sending us a great coach. 

I just hope he isn't poached. 

55 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

In my humble opinion, STA develops great football players and assistant coaches. Ryan Schneider has Cocoa clickin on all cylinders. First quarter Cocoa looks a little out of sync. Second quarter they stop the dumb mistakes. 3rd and 4th quarters Cocoa looks unbeatable. The truth will be in the season and into the playoffs, with BTW looming very large. I'm very impressed with Schneider, and what he has brought from STA to Cocoa. His Offensive coaching skills shine. You can see it in the plays and the players. I'm hopeful this season. Thank you STA and the Cocoa AD/Wilks for sending us a great coach. 

Who cocoa play this week? 

1 hour ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Dematha just got knocked off their painted pony. CalPreps likes Dematha and they do play good football, just STA was that much better this season. Last year was a wake up call.

Doesnt dematha still have to play St Francis, St John's and Gonzaga 

I assume they do but haven't checked their schedule to be sure

4 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Good luck to y'all 

7 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

How do we know this Dematha team will be what they are in past years 

How do we know they won't get demolished by Gonzaga, St Francis, St John's?

As i said i want to see what sta does against Central before i buy this sta team being number 1 in the state and top 5 in the nation like people seem to be trying to do

We don't.   Dematha's running back was down in the first quarter vs bishop Gorma last year and they imploded a bit (they were winning 10-0 when he went down).   Funny enough the week before the BG game Dematha beat St. Francis in their preseason game.    Even in their down year they lost to St. Johns 17-14 in the championship.    You'd have to go back to 2013 to find a similar lopsided loss to SJR from Jersey.   BTW that year (2013) they beat Godby 26-3, St. Francis 41-6, St. Johns twice, and GC twice.   Godby was 11-2 and had wins over plant 35-16 and Trinity Christian 42-6.    

Dematha is a winning program period.    Look up their history.   They were 3-0 vs Fl before the beating they took last weak.   

24 minutes ago, 954gator said:

We don't.   Dematha's running back was down in the first quarter vs bishop Gorma last year and they imploded a bit (they were winning 10-0 when he went down).   Funny enough the week before the BG game Dematha beat St. Francis in their preseason game.    Even in their down year they lost to St. Johns 17-14 in the championship.    You'd have to go back to 2013 to find a similar lopsided loss to SJR from Jersey.   BTW that year (2013) they beat Godby 26-3, St. Francis 41-6, St. Johns twice, and GC twice.   Godby was 11-2 and had wins over plant 35-16 and Trinity Christian 42-6.    

Dematha is a winning program period.    Look up their history.   They were 3-0 vs Fl before the beating they took last weak.   

Dematha is like the St Thomas Aquinas of the DC area.  They have had a high-profile athletic program for 50 years and have produced an unbelievable amount of pro athletes in various sports.  Just as I would say that St Thomas Aquinas never produces a "bad" team, I would say the same for Dematha.  Back when high school athletics were rarely talked about on a national scale, I remember hearing about Dematha's basketball teams.   

4 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Dematha is like the St Thomas Aquinas of the DC area.  They have had a high-profile athletic program for 50 years and have produced an unbelievable amount of pro athletes in various sports.  Just as I would say that St Thomas Aquinas never produces a "bad" team, I would say the same for Dematha.  Back when high school athletics were rarely talked about on a national scale, I remember hearing about Dematha's basketball teams.   

Watchin the game right now and STA looks good right now I believe they are better than Dwyer

7 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Have you seen the BS Tigertats aka Truthfull had been posting about Wilks etc?

17 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

I believe Columbia going to states this year and I'm veerrrryyy interested to see how Columbia will be actin looool

Well this seems like a year to meet the fellas lol

Met nolebull and Steve at IMG 

Gonna meet FortWhite fan in a few weeks 

Meeting darter and maybe peezy if he decides to show up lol

But I'll be down there in Orlando if Columbia makes it even if only for the one game