Columbine 27 University-OC 14

TitanUp

Played a solid first half, was tied 7-7. Had some poor tackling and that lead to 2 scores in the 3rd qtr. We never quit and gave them all they could handle. Still trying to find our identity and having to reload on both sides of the ball, 8 of 11 defensive starters were roll guys or JV guys last year. I knew we would be competitive, however the officials really need to understand pass interference calls. Had multiple plays where we had guys go up and were getting pulled on and face guarded and no flags. Otherwise a great event from KSA, glad we played this game. 

OC University looked like a JV team. I watched the stream. They did get better as the game went on, but that is a travesty to lose to some Colorado team like that. I was shaking my head the whole time. 8A school can't field a team to beat one of these clown Colorado teams? Damn. 

I knew University would be bad just by Columbine picking them. These Colorado teams do their homework and only pick teams they think they can beat. OC University won't make the playoffs this year. Might only win 2 games 

22 hours ago, badbird said:

face guard is not a penalty in high school.  just saying.  

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/08/30/columbine-football-beats-orange-city-university/

True however grabbing the jersey while face guarding is a penalty. Also what was the reason you posted a link to the story, it's clearly biased towards the Colorado team. 

1 minute ago, TitanUp said:

True however grabbing the jersey while face guarding is a penalty. Also what was the reason you posted a link to the story, it's clearly biased towards the Colorado team. 

I posted it so you could see they were talking trash.  Not much respect.  Also going to Bahamas pretty cool.  Must be nice to have that much money to do all that.

23 hours ago, TitanUp said:

Played a solid first half, was tied 7-7. Had some poor tackling and that lead to 2 scores in the 3rd qtr. We never quit and gave them all they could handle. Still trying to find our identity and having to reload on both sides of the ball, 8 of 11 defensive starters were roll guys or JV guys last year. I knew we would be competitive, however the officials really need to understand pass interference calls. Had multiple plays where we had guys go up and were getting pulled on and face guarded and no flags. Otherwise a great event from KSA, glad we played this game. 

Nice to hear.  If the kids had fun, that is all that matters.  Some of these states not known for football in the past are getting better.  

2 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

OC University looked like a JV team. I watched the stream. They did get better as the game went on, but that is a travesty to lose to some Colorado team like that. I was shaking my head the whole time. 8A school can't field a team to beat one of these clown Colorado teams? Damn. 

I knew University would be bad just by Columbine picking them. These Colorado teams do their homework and only pick teams they think they can beat. OC University won't make the playoffs this year. Might only win 2 games 

Never have I said we would be the team we had previous years. We are rebuilding this year as I stated in the original post. But to say we looked like a JV team is rather insulting, true we missed some tackles but we played hard and made them earn every point except for the 53 yarder in the second half. 

2 minutes ago, badbird said:

I posted it so you could see they were talking trash.  Not much respect.  Also going to Bahamas pretty cool.  Must be nice to have that much money to do all that.

Yeah they said in there that we were clearly tired however that is the opposite of what actually happened, I doubt that team from Colorado could have played another 12 minutes, they were sucking for air even after the game.

1 minute ago, TitanUp said:

Yeah they said in there that we were clearly tired however that is the opposite of what actually happened, I doubt that team from Colorado could have played another 12 minutes, they were sucking for air even after the game.

I only posted the article because it sounded cocky by them and you mentioned the game.  Thought you might want to read it.  No disrespect intended

23 hours ago, badbird said:

face guard is not a penalty in high school.  just saying.  

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/08/30/columbine-football-beats-orange-city-university/

Hmm so running down throats of a team who probably will finish below .500

Maybe next time they can come play a team in top 25 and see if they can do the same

Maybe wekiva or Apopka or Osceola would be willing to play them B)

36 minutes ago, badbird said:

Pretty fantastic they are going to an orphanage in the Bahamas and bravo to them.  I think that is much more important than the football game on many fronts. 

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Hmm so running down throats of a team who probably will finish below .500

Maybe next time they can come play a team in top 25 and see if they can do the same

Maybe wekiva or Apopka or Osceola would be willing to play them B)

Fairview is ranked 3rd in Colorado and played Evans who is ranked 195th in Florida. 

Fairview was winning 37-0 with less than a minute left and ran down inside the 10 and hurried up the offense frantically to line up and run another play which they did and score another touchdown to win 43-0 as time expired. 

These pussy Colorado teams find the worst Florida teams they can find. It's an embarrassment. And the worst part is the Florida team has to agree to it. They sign up for these ass whoopings. 

6 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Fairview is ranked 3rd in Colorado and played Evans who is ranked 195th in Florida. 

Fairview was winning 37-0 with less than a minute left and ran down inside the 10 and hurried up the offense frantically to line up and run another play which they did and score another touchdown to win 43-0 as time expired. 

These pussy Colorado teams find the worst Florida teams they can find. It's an embarrassment. And the worst part is the Florida team has to agree to it. They sign up for these ass whoopings. 

Hernando and Dixie got em tho SURPRISE MUTHASUCKA!