Replay in High School Games

gatorman-uf

They tinkered with instant replay at some spring games in Alabama last year and interviewed one of the coaches afterward.  ...his comments.  “I’m not a big fan of it at this point.  When you look at the college level or pros, they may have 15 or 20 angles. They can zoom in and out. With just two cameras working with a wide and tight copy and the majority of the time you got high school kids videoing, it’s going to be tough to get the great angles like you do at the next level.”

17 hours ago, gatorman-uf said:

It would be nice to have if the proper equipment was there but considering the lack of financial support to athletics in FL idk how they could justify the type of money this would require 

Now if we talking somewhere like Texas with a huge budget it would be a little easier to implement 

18 minutes ago, Hwy17 said:

I know of two instances where instant reply would have changed the outcome of playoff games for my team.  But, then I would have nothing to fuss about on a message board years later. <_<

I am still bitter about the "Fail Mary" years later and there was replay to get that one right and only a regular season game at that. Stupid replacement officials. 

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

It would be nice to have if the proper equipment was there but considering the lack of financial support to athletics in FL idk how they could justify the type of money this would require 

Now if we talking somewhere like Texas with a huge budget it would be a little easier to implement 

I have been to a Columbia games, you have the technology to make this work with the endzone camera. One more endzone camera maybe required and one more camera maybe. 

9 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

I am still bitter about the "Fail Mary" years later and there was replay to get that one right and only a regular season game at that. Stupid replacement officials. 

I have been to a Columbia games, you have the technology to make this work with the endzone camera. One more endzone camera maybe required and one more camera maybe. 

We have the technology but it is a rule that has to be approved statewide 

Even though we have the required equipment most don't which is probably why that rule can't really be implemented in Florida 

Only possible idea i could see is maybe state championship games eventually having instant replay