Osceola 3 Manatee 21 Upset Alert

Floridatech

So if there is a trap game, I feel the game against Dr Phillips next week for Vero Beach is it. As far as the Manatee game goes, Manatee muffed 2 punt returns, which should have been really bad for Manatee.......but the Manatee defense held Osceola at bay most of the night. The Manatee offense was probably the real story of the game as it played up to the talent level it possesses......which hasn't necessarily been the case most of the season in big games. So Manatee heads to the Ram Bowl for a rematch of the game they lost 24-13 earlier this season. Was a case where Manatee played well below its talent level on offense and defense, will have to think about this for a bit before I decide anything about the game.

Oh by the way.......Osceola's inability to pass the ball effectively was glaring this game and just so you know Manatee's played some awful pass defense this year, so that should tell you how bad the Osceola passing attack was.

Manatee's MO this season has been to fold down the stretch or just not show up at all talent wise for big games, last nights game against Osceola was maybe the 2nd game all year long that Manatee played up to its talent potential for an entire game...............I've been particularly hard  on the coaching staff because of it this season.

Some of the same things I've been frustrated with Manatee showed up on the defensive side last night in few isolated instances, but Osceola being a predominantly running team played into Manatee's favor, that and the Manatee offense fired on all cylinders last night................the reality was again it simply played up to its talent level for once for an entire game.

The game against Riverview earlier this season was one that Manatee played particularly bad game, the Manatee QB was off all night and I thought the OC called a bad game for Manatee as well. If Manatee plays offensively like it did last night, they can take Riverview. Riverview has a nice team but where its strength last year was its RB complimented by a very big and strong OL, it still has its work horse RB, but the Riverview OL while big isn't anywhere as strong as last year

Manatee is extremely vulnerable to a good passing team, the DB's for Manatee while talented just don't play with good technique.......so I dont know if they'd be a good match up for Vero Beach? Same could be said of Riverview as well defensively, but Riverview has that work horse RB that is capable of carrying a team and eating a bunch of clock ........against Vero Beach.....we'll have to wait and see how it all plays out. 

3 minutes ago, FL_HS_football said:

Manatee's MO this season has been to fold down the stretch or just not show up at all talent wise for big games, last nights game against Osceola was maybe the 2nd game all year long that Manatee played up to its talent potential for an entire game...............I've been particularly hard  on the coaching staff because of it this season.

Some of the same things I've been frustrated with Manatee showed up on the defensive side last night in few isolated instances, but Osceola being a predominantly running team played into Manatee's favor, that and the Manatee offense fired on all cylinders last night................the reality was again it simply played up to its talent level for once for an entire game.

The game against Riverview earlier this season was one that Manatee played particularly bad game, the Manatee QB was off all night and I thought the OC called a bad game for Manatee as well. If Manatee plays offensively like it did last night, they can take Riverview. Riverview has a nice team but where its strength last year was its RB complimented by a very big and strong OL, it still has its work horse RB, but the Riverview OL while big isn't anywhere as strong as last year

Manatee is extremely vulnerable to a good passing team, the DB's for Manatee while talented just don't play with good technique.......so I dont know if they'd be a good match up for Vero Beach? Same could be said of Riverview as well defensively, but Riverview has that work horse RB that is capable of carrying a team and eating a bunch of clock ........against Vero Beach.....we'll have to wait and see how it all plays out. 

Manatee and Riverview both have the style to eliminate Vero from the playoffs, last night gateway proved that Vero is green and vanilla up the middle of their defense, their rb was able to get 5 yard runs most of his runs, I said to myself that a Running team will end it for us BUT I wouldn't be surprised if Dr Phillips beat us tho

9 hours ago, FL_HS_football said:

So if there is a trap game, I feel the game against Dr Phillips next week for Vero Beach is it. As far as the Manatee game goes, Manatee muffed 2 punt returns, which should have been really bad for Manatee.......but the Manatee defense held Osceola at bay most of the night. The Manatee offense was probably the real story of the game as it played up to the talent level it possesses......which hasn't necessarily been the case most of the season in big games. So Manatee heads to the Ram Bowl for a rematch of the game they lost 24-13 earlier this season. Was a case where Manatee played well below its talent level on offense and defense, will have to think about this for a bit before I decide anything about the game.

Oh by the way.......Osceola's inability to pass the ball effectively was glaring this game and just so you know Manatee's played some awful pass defense this year, so that should tell you how bad the Osceola passing attack was.

Dr Phillips could pull it off, their coaching staff is good and I expect for them to have a solid game plan so no overlooking should be done with this team