Quantcast
Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
ColumbiaHighFan2017class

Lake City Columbia vs Atlantic Delray Beach

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, skyway said:

Sebring... was tied with minutes to play before LW scored the game winner. 

Sebring lost by 10 to Fort Myers, by 13 to Clearwater Central Catholic and by 38 to Lakewood. All of the teams I mentioned are plenty capable of duplicating those mediocre results.

I get it; there's a little man's complex for those from the sticks.

 

Maybe so.  But let's not forget, Sebring and Lake Wales is a rivalry game; they play every year.  When you play an opponent every year you start to figure out things about them and that's one reason why rivalry games tend to be close despite what the records say.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Hwy17 said:

Maybe so.  But let's not forget, Sebring and Lake Wales is a rivalry game; they play every year.  When you play an opponent every year you start to figure out things about them and that's one reason why rivalry games tend to be close despite what the records say.  

Yes, when it's a rivalry game, and the difference in the teams isn't dramatic, you can get some close games. My point is, for Lake Wales to be an elite team worthy of the kind of national rankings Lakeland has, they would need to be dramatically better than Sebring so as to avoid a game going down to the wire.

Again, Lake Wales has a nice team this year. They are having a very successful season the community can be proud of. Unfortunately, I don't think they'll be much of a challenge for Northwestern, Jones or American Heritage should they make it far enough to face any of those teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, skyway said:

Yes, when it's a rivalry game, and the difference in the teams isn't dramatic, you can get some close games. My point is, for Lake Wales to be an elite team worthy of the kind of national rankings Lakeland has, they need 20 transfers and a HOF coach.

Again, Lake Wales has a nice team this year. They are having a very successful season the community can be proud of. Unfortunately, I don't think they'll be much of a challenge for Northwestern, Jones or American Heritage should they make it far enough to face any of those teams.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, skyway said:

Yes, when it's a rivalry game, and the difference in the teams isn't dramatic, you can get some close games. My point is, for Lake Wales to be an elite team worthy of the kind of national rankings Lakeland has, they would need to be dramatically better than Sebring so as to avoid a game going down to the wire.

Again, Lake Wales has a nice team this year. They are having a very successful season the community can be proud of. Unfortunately, I don't think they'll be much of a challenge for Northwestern, Jones or American Heritage should they make it far enough to face any of those teams.

And they point I'm making is don't fall into the trap a lot of people do by assuming a close game to a weaker opponent means the other isn't that good.  A lot of people underestimated Clemson last year after their games with Texas A&M and Syracuse and we saw how that turned out in the national title game.  

A program like Lake Wales only makes a title run maybe once a decade and therefore the elites don't want to take them seriously.   Based on what I've seen firsthand, Lake Wales has the size, speed and depth of any of the other teams I've seen make it to the finals in the last several years.  IMHO their biggest weakness is their play calling and offensive scheme.  Its simple and somewhat predictable.  But then again, when you have that kind of arsenal at your disposal, who cares?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hwy17 said:

 Based on what I've seen firsthand, Lake Wales has the size, speed and depth of any of the other teams I've seen make it to the finals in the last several years.  IMHO their biggest weakness is their play calling and offensive scheme.  Its simple and somewhat predictable.  But then again, when you have that kind of arsenal at your disposal, who cares?

 

Many valid points 17, but you are dealing with fanboys who has an agenda for certain school and against others.

When LW was struggling in 2016 and 2017 everybody wanted to play them, but when they started rising again and kicking butt all of a sudden LGibson, Aubrundale, WHaven no longer had room on their schedule.

If those 3 schools were on LW schedule this year as they "always" are, the Highlanders could have the highest RPI in 5A.

https://twitter.com/CountyPolk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, LakelandGator said:

Many valid points 17, but you are dealing with fanboys who has an agenda for certain school and against others.

When LW was struggling in 2016 and 2017 everybody wanted to play them, but when they started rising again and kicking butt all of a sudden LGibson, Aubrundale, WHaven no longer had room on their schedule.

If those 3 schools were on LW schedule this year as they "always" are, the Highlanders could have the highest RPI in 5A.

https://twitter.com/CountyPolk

Sounds like the scheduling practices of a lot of teams up here in North Florida

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...