Jump to content

Coaches suspended in Manatee County


fishspinners
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, skyway said:

How about sharing with us this textbook in question. Let's have a look at it. 

(I know, I know. You're not gong to share the textbook. Because, then we'd be able to know exactly what is in it, and that's no good for perpetuating lies.)

https://www.amren.com/news/2013/11/hundreds-prepare-protest-against-islam-chapter-in-volusia-co-school-textbook/  :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites


8 hours ago, skyway said:

How about sharing with us this textbook in question. Let's have a look at it. 

(I know, I know. You're not gong to share the textbook. Because, then we'd be able to know exactly what is in it, and that's no good for perpetuating lies.)

Our textbooks are protected, you must have a login to view them.  You can't copy and paste.  I have nothing to lie about.   I am not Christian, or any other religion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cjm04 said:

Our textbooks are protected, you must have a login to view them.  You can't copy and paste.  I have nothing to lie about.   I am not Christian, or any other religion.

The textbook is probably not the same anyway. I was mentioning a very specific textbook. Cjm04, I don't think that you are lying, and I did not call you a liar,  I enjoyed learning about the major five religions in school, and the areas-regions that each specific religion is practiced most. I am not very religious either, but nobody has any right to tell a parent/guardian how to educate their children.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Proseteye said:

That's not the textbook. They do mention that it is a WORLD History textbook. That's a subject, and it's universally accepted that a well-rounded education includes a study of WORLD History. Islam has a significant place in world history, as do other religions. So, the fact that there is much coverage given is a nothing burger to anyone of any credibility in education. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Jambun82 said:

The textbook is probably not the same anyway. I was mentioning a very specific textbook. Cjm04, I don't think that you are lying, and I did not call you a liar,  I enjoyed learning about the major five religions in school, and the areas-regions that each specific religion is practiced most. I am not very religious either, but nobody has any right to tell a parent/guardian how to educate their children.

Well, yes and no. You certainly can educate them on whatever you want them to lean about. But, for them to truly be educated in a way that is to be compared to agreed upon standards of education, there are things they need to have knowledge of. They simply will lack a knowledge of world history if Islam is to be skipped or relegated to the footnotes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, skyway said:

Well, yes and no. You certainly can educate them on whatever you want them to lean about. But, for them to truly be educated in a way that is to be compared to agreed upon standards of education, there are things they need to have knowledge of. They simply will lack a knowledge of world history if Islam is to be skipped or relegated to the footnotes.

Agreed upon by who? Yes Islam, and Algebra, I don't know if I would have survived if I didn't know about these two critical-to-survival subjects. Just imagine it I was dead, and you wouldn't have the privilege of talking with me on this message board skyway lol haha. THANK THE HEAVENS (NATURE IF YOU ARE ATHEIST/AGNOSTIC) FOR ISLAM AND ALGEBRA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

Agreed upon by who? Yes Islam, and Algebra, I don't know if I would have survived if I didn't know about these two critical-to-survival subjects. Just imagine it I was dead, and you wouldn't have the privilege of talking with me on this message board skyway lol haha. THANK THE HEAVENS (NATURE IF YOU ARE ATHEIST/AGNOSTIC) FOR ISLAM AND ALGEBRA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clearly, the quarantine has gotten to you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...