DILLARD HIGH OFFICIAL 2021-2022 FOOTBALL

THIS_IS_DILLARD

Dam dam dam, we couldn’t agree with Miami central or Miami northwestern to agree with the dates we did have a available, and I really would’ve enjoyed those matchups even in a loss just watching great matchups between to power houses. 

NONETHELESS I see some pretty interesting NON district Matchups and one HUGE district matchup. 

Our Schedule in Order. 

Week 1 @ Boyd Anderson 

Week 2 Deerfield beach @ Dillard (Big None District Matchup)

Week 3 Miramar @ Dillard (interesting Matchup)

Week 4 Cooper City @ Dillard 

Week 5 South Plantation @ Dillard

Week 6 Dillard @ Nova 

Week 7 Hallandale @ Dillard (Another Solid Matchup Hallandale Got A lot of Transfers During The Offseason.)

Week 8 Dillard @ St Thomas Aquinas (HUGE district Championship Show Down)

Week 9 Plantation @ Dillard (Rivalry Renewed The City Always Come Out For This One.)

Week 10 Dillard @ Ely (Souuul Bowl, ely under a new head coach would look to stop Dillard from winning their 5th Consecutive Soul Bowl. And this would be the first soul bowl at the newly rebuilt David pink stadium formerly known as Lockhart stadium)

Over All This schedule is NOTHING compared to what it would have been if we could have closed the deal with Miami Central & Miami northwestern. But I DO Feel that it’s a Good SOLID schedule for Dillard Not A Cake Walk For Sure. 

3 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Dam dam dam, we couldn’t agree with Miami central or Miami northwestern to agree with the dates we did have a available, and I really would’ve enjoyed those matchups even in a loss just watching great matchups between to power houses. 

NONETHELESS I see some pretty interesting NON district Matchups and one HUGE district matchup. 

Our Schedule in Order. 

Week 1 @ Boyd Anderson 

Week 2 Deerfield beach @ Dillard (Big None District Matchup)

Week 3 Miramar @ Dillard (interesting Matchup)

Week 4 Cooper City @ Dillard 

Week 5 South Plantation @ Dillard

Week 6 Dillard @ Nova 

Week 7 Hallandale @ Dillard (Another Solid Matchup Hallandale Got A lot of Transfers During The Offseason.)

Week 8 Dillard @ St Thomas Aquinas (HUGE district Championship Show Down)

Week 9 Plantation @ Dillard (Rivalry Renewed The City Always Come Out For This One.)

Week 10 Dillard @ Ely (Souuul Bowl, ely under a new head coach would look to stop Dillard from winning their 5th Consecutive Soul Bowl. And this would be the first soul bowl at the newly rebuilt David pink stadium formerly known as Lockhart stadium)

Over All This schedule is NOTHING compared to what it would have been if we could have closed the deal with Miami Central & Miami northwestern. But I DO Feel that it’s a Good SOLID schedule for Dillard Not A Cake Walk For Sure. 

Absolutely incredible schedule. I see an 8-2 regular season for your panthers, losses to STA and Deerfield. If the game against Aquinas were at home, I would give you guys a coin flip chance at beating them. That late in the season, traveling into the jaws of death at Brian Piccolo stadium is going to be extremely tough. However, I think it’s a great testament to where Dillard currently stands. The STA game could be a potential playoff rematch, so Dillard needs to find a way to beat them if they want to play the Raiders at home come playoff time. I have faith in them, but it’s not going to be easy. You guys have a great schedule, lots of great opponents and matchups. Good luck to your panthers sir, I hope they tear it up this year!! 

8 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Wow way to get everyone's hopes up lol and that new stadium looks awesome compared to the old one. But hypothetically speaking though do you think Dillard would have beaten Northwestern and Central 

Truthfully speaking I think we would’ve split, I believed we would’ve got Miami central in a close one since that’s the last game my friend and our late head coach Eddie Frazier played, the kids are still playing for him and they would’ve wanted that for him. 

8 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Absolutely incredible schedule. I see an 8-2 regular season for your panthers, losses to STA and Deerfield. If the game against Aquinas were at home, I would give you guys a coin flip chance at beating them. That late in the season, traveling into the jaws of death at Brian Piccolo stadium is going to be extremely tough. However, I think it’s a great testament to where Dillard currently stands. The STA game could be a potential playoff rematch, so Dillard needs to find a way to beat them if they want to play the Raiders at home come playoff time. I have faith in them, but it’s not going to be easy. You guys have a great schedule, lots of great opponents and matchups. Good luck to your panthers sir, I hope they tear it up this year!! 

Thanks bro, it’s crazy because we haven’t lost a Regular season game since 2018, but I would be BEYOND Shock if we We undefeated in the regular season again. 

I really want to beat Deerfield because everyone thinks their the class of broward public school wise & I just want them to be reminded who the REAL king is. 

the problem with beating STA in the regular season is it’s gonna be EVEN HARDER to beat them a second time 3 weeks later. 

even tho 3 weeks later would be at home, either way I just want us to give it all we Got and see where we stand. But Dillard barely has any weeks where they can say oh we can blast through them for sure because 

Plantation 

Miramar 

And Hallandale all are Above average football teams in broward and all 3 are RIVAL games.

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Thanks bro, it’s crazy because we haven’t lost a Regular season game since 2018, but I would be BEYOND Shock if we We undefeated in the regular season again. 

I really want to beat Deerfield because everyone thinks their the class of broward public school wise & I just want them to be reminded who the REAL king is. 

the problem with beating STA in the regular season is it’s gonna be EVEN HARDER to beat them a second time 3 weeks later. 

even tho 3 weeks later would be at home, either way I just want us to give it all we Got and see where we stand. But Dillard barely has any weeks where they can say oh we can blast through them for sure because 

Plantation 

Miramar 

And Hallandale all are Above average football teams in broward and all 3 are RIVAL games.

Yeah man, it’s good to see that Dillard is stepping up their competition. Deerfield’s offense may not have all the “star” players that you would think of when talking about South Florida programs, but their defense is outright insane. They held STA and Vero Beach both to season lows 2 years ago when they played, and from what I hear, they expect to be loaded once again. I feel that Dillard will lose in a slugfest, a 17-14 type of game here. No disrespect to your panthers, I just feel that that will be the outcome of the football game. I hope I am wrong.

Now, St. Thomas Aquinas is a different animal entirely. They graduated a lot of talent, but they’ve returned some good starters, and of course they will get transfers. I’ve said before that I do not believe in calling teams “down”. If this game was played between weeks 2-4 at Dillard’s home field, I would absolutely give you guys the win here. STA lost a lot of talent to graduation, and it’s going to take time for their new players to gel. After week 5, the point simply becomes moot, as they will have worked out all of the major issues and will be clicking in typical fashion. Another issue that I see here, is that STA tends to get a lot of favoritism from the referees. This is likely due to STA being a private school that features a lot on broadcast television, like on ESPN and other sports networks. STA simply garners more attention nationally than many Miami schools, thus giving them a much larger market than, say, a Dillard or Miami Central. That’s why Aquinas is “tougher” to beat than many other South Florida schools, they have a larger market and get many more flags and gratuitous calls than other teams. Now, with ALL of that being said, I sincerely hope I am wrong. I want Dillard to beat both of these teams, and show the football world they are here to stay. Best of luck and give it your all!!

8 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Yeah man, it’s good to see that Dillard is stepping up their competition. Deerfield’s offense may not have all the “star” players that you would think of when talking about South Florida programs, but their defense is outright insane. They held STA and Vero Beach both to season lows 2 years ago when they played, and from what I hear, they expect to be loaded once again. I feel that Dillard will lose in a slugfest, a 17-14 type of game here. No disrespect to your panthers, I just feel that that will be the outcome of the football game. I hope I am wrong.

Now, St. Thomas Aquinas is a different animal entirely. They graduated a lot of talent, but they’ve returned some good starters, and of course they will get transfers. I’ve said before that I do not believe in calling teams “down”. If this game was played between weeks 2-4 at Dillard’s home field, I would absolutely give you guys the win here. STA lost a lot of talent to graduation, and it’s going to take time for their new players to gel. After week 5, the point simply becomes moot, as they will have worked out all of the major issues and will be clicking in typical fashion. Another issue that I see here, is that STA tends to get a lot of favoritism from the referees. This is likely due to STA being a private school that features a lot on broadcast television, like on ESPN and other sports networks. STA simply garners more attention nationally than many Miami schools, thus giving them a much larger market than, say, a Dillard or Miami Central. That’s why Aquinas is “tougher” to beat than many other South Florida schools, they have a larger market and get many more flags and gratuitous calls than other teams. Now, with ALL of that being said, I sincerely hope I am wrong. I want Dillard to beat both of these teams, and show the football world they are here to stay. Best of luck and give it your all!!

Thanks bro Dillard is finally back to being respected & recognized as a powerhouse & with winning the tri county championship last year folk know Dillard is serious.

And good luck to your Indians as well, I know nothing about you guys but I have to come to a game one day and get the home side experience.

4 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Thanks bro Dillard is finally back to being respected & recognized as a powerhouse & with winning the tri county championship last year folk know Dillard is serious.

And good luck to your Indians as well, I know nothing about you guys but I have to come to a game one day and get the home side experience.

Thank you! Yeah, Venice has a nice atmosphere over here. Really passionate fans, a great team and good food. Venice is playing Miami Northwestern in the Kickoff Classic game. I’m guessing the coaches couldn’t work out a deal with IMG, likely due to the uncertainty right now with their head coaching position. 

Just now, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Thank you! Yeah, Venice has a nice atmosphere over here. Really passionate fans, a great team and good food. Venice is playing Miami Northwestern in the Kickoff Classic game. I’m guessing the coaches couldn’t work out a deal with IMG, likely due to the uncertainty right now with their head coaching position. 

U said the magic word, food lol. How many championships in football do you guys have if I may ask.

&& I would love if we could play you guys one year that game would b insane because we travel very very well. 

2 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

U said the magic word, food lol. How many championships in football do you guys have if I may ask.

&& I would love if we could play you guys one year that game would b insane because we travel very very well. 

Yeah, I had to mention food. I wish I wasn’t such a fat bastard! :P But anyway, Venice has 2 state championships. Our program has struggled mightily the past several years due to being in a classification with Aquinas. I’m hoping for a more successful season this year. The Covid numbers are slowly but surely going down, so I may attend a game or 2 this year. 

2 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Yeah, I had to mention food. I wish I wasn’t such a fat bastard! :P But anyway, Venice has 2 state championships. Our program has struggled mightily the past several years due to being in a classification with Aquinas. I’m hoping for a more successful season this year. The Covid numbers are slowly but surely going down, so I may attend a game or 2 this year. 

Hopefully Cocoa can give Venice a better game and show what they can do consistently throughout the game.

1 hour ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Venice looked very good last night. I was at Edgewater vs Osceola, so I did not watch all of your quarters, but from what I saw, you are a real, live threat in 8A.

1 hour ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Is Venice ready for Northwestern because the bulls are a different breed and I could be wrong but I don't think Venice has played anyone on that level maybe IMG Academy but we know that's nothing but All-Stars across the board 

25 minutes ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Is Venice ready for Northwestern because the bulls are a different breed and I could be wrong but I don't think Venice has played anyone on that level maybe IMG Academy but we know that's nothing but All-Stars across the board 

No. If I’m being honest, Venice will probably be lucky to keep it a game. It’s a road game too. But it’s a very good litmus test, especially playing them early in the preseason spot. 

10 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Looking at our schedule tho i can say 8-2 but if we can get past Deerfield at home I can see us finishing 9-1

I honestly see y'all winning a defensive battle with them. Also I can see y'all giving STA a good game with them pulling away late in the regular season and y'all getting the upset in the playoffs. 

Just now, KeemD321 said:

I honestly see y'all winning a defensive battle with them. Also I can see y'all giving STA a good game with them pulling away late in the regular season and y'all getting the upset in the playoffs. 

This is the perfect scenario that Dillard can have happen this season. I wouldn’t mind that at all. 

I’m really looking forward to that Deerfield game 

1 minute ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

This is the perfect scenario that Dillard can have happen this season. I wouldn’t mind that at all. 

I’m really looking forward to that Deerfield game 

Definitely. Would love to see Brevard powers start back scheduling South Florida powers in the regular season. I can see Cocoa and Rockledge starting back especially since Cocoa had Chaminade scheduled before restrictions started this past season.

Brevard powers finally ventured back to Orange County powers so I can see them venturing south in the near future to prepare for the playoffs especially since AHP took out 3 brevard teams in consecutive playoff weeks

11 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Looking at our schedule tho i can say 8-2 but if we can get past Deerfield at home I can see us finishing 9-1

Going to be very very hard to beat Deerfield. It will be a defensive struggle all game long. they have one of the best defenses I have ever seen at the high school level

7 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Going to be very very hard to beat Deerfield. It will be a defensive struggle all game long. they have one of the best defenses I have ever seen at the high school level

That I would have to disagree with because everytime they go out of state they get lit up. 

dillard & Deerfield always match up well with one another, matter fact in the last two decades alone dillard leads the series vs Deerfield before Deerfield’s 2017 win they had lost 4 consecutive games to us & that was before we got back to powerhouse status. 

if we’re going off matchups, Deerfield beach has YET to be Miami Columbus Dillard Just Beat That same Miami Columbus team at home in 2019, the same Columbus team that ousted Deerfield in the state semis & in the tri county championship last year. 

I don't get Deerfield Beach at all. The Bucks can have all this talent but can never seem to get over the hump. Is there anybody on here who's familiar or rep the Bucks that can better elaborate. Every year besides from St. Thomas and American Heritage of course you hear Deerfield Beach name. We all know what St. Thomas and American Heritage is going to do what about Deerfield Beach 

2 minutes ago, FBGUY1989 said:

I don't get Deerfield Beach at all. The Bucks can have all this talent but can never seem to get over the hump. Is there anybody on here who's familiar or rep the Bucks that can better elaborate. Every year besides from St. Thomas and American Heritage of course you hear Deerfield Beach name. We all know what St. Thomas and American Heritage is going to do what about Deerfield Beach 

Bro take it from some one whose played against Deerfield beach and is from broward county born and raised. 

Recruits & transfers BUT NO discipline can & Will ONLY Take You So Far. Since they hired glen as head coach and even before Deerfield always heavily recruited and got transfers ; and even tho year in & year out they always have one of the MOST talented rosters in the county , they also tend to be one of the MORE undisciplined rosters As Well. 

and that’s with ALOT of the inner city black schools in south Florida, which is why a middle of the pack out of state team can play a team like Deerfield and and shred they defense, because they’re well coached & fundamentally sound. 

something that a lot of black schools don’t have on the field, and it shows everytime they go up against even a semi fundamentally sound team. 

look at Miami northwestern extremely talented right ? Nationally ranked right ? Blow through 95% of their competition in Florida right ? ...Look what happen when they played Lowndes ? They was embarrassed & looked like Jv compared to the Vikings. And because of talent disparity, but because of discipline & coaching disparity. 

8 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Bro take it from some one whose played against Deerfield beach and is from broward county born and raised. 

Recruits & transfers BUT NO discipline can & Will ONLY Take You So Far. Since they hired glen as head coach and even before Deerfield always heavily recruited and got transfers ; and even tho year in & year out they always have one of the MOST talented rosters in the county , they also tend to be one of the MORE undisciplined rosters As Well. 

and that’s with ALOT of the inner city black schools in south Florida, which is why a middle of the pack out of state team can play a team like Deerfield and and shred they defense, because they’re well coached & fundamentally sound. 

something that a lot of black schools don’t have on the field, and it shows everytime they go up against even a semi fundamentally sound team. 

look at Miami northwestern extremely talented right ? Nationally ranked right ? Blow through 95% of their competition in Florida right ? ...Look what happen when they played Lowndes ? They was embarrassed & looked like Jv compared to the Vikings. And because of talent disparity, but because of discipline & coaching disparity. 

You so right and remember the year Central went to Georgia Grayson embarrassed them