Oxbridge drops games

Joshua Wilson

Welp Oxbridge just dropped Columbus and DeMatha which were the kickoff classic and Week 1 games for the ThunderWolves. Just more fallout from all the changes the last two weeks.

Oh wow... Man can we see a mass exodus of players coming soon?

Welp Oxbridge just dropped Columbus and DeMatha which were the kickoff classic and Week 1 games for the ThunderWolves. Just more fallout from all the changes the last two weeks.

Supposedly, it was Columbus that cancelled the Oxbridge game and an Oxbridge administrative decision not to fund the Dematha trip.  Unfortunate.  Many were looking forward to those games.

Apparently, Columbus got wind of what was going on and rescheduled Boyd Anderson for that date. Which could very well be a competitive opponent as well.    Dematha replaced Oxbridge with VA powerhouse Oscar C. Smith.

Interesting... well I will say that it has been one crazy offseason with schedule shuffling.

Don't write Oxbridge Academy off yet.  They did lose one transfer WR but also had an incoming RB and OL in the recent days.  Supposedly, Columbus pulled out of the Oxbridge Academy pre-season when they learned of the news.  Understandable.  

The 8/21 @ Dematha, MD game was cancelled supposedly due to Oxbridge Academy not wanting to pay for the trip to MD.  I don't think Oxbridge had much of a choice here because a lot of the recent stuff had to do with talk of the school putting to much $ into athletics. Some people may feel Oxbridge would not look good if the athletic program went and paid for a 2 night road trip for the team.

I was happy to learn that it appears Oxbridge Academy has replaced the 8/21 Dematha game with a game @ Flanagan (8/21).  That tells me Oxbridge Academy is still very serious about this season and game to play great teams.  If Oxbridge can maintain it's roster it should be a great game.  They could have just filled the spot with a cupcake but win or lose ....Oxbridge Academy is looking to be among the elite in the FL HS Football landscape.