Jump to content

Vero Beach 2022 schedule


Drogo
 Share

Recommended Posts

Major step down in caliber of opposition this year as compared to the last several years in my opinion-  Fort Pierce Central, Centennial, Martin County and Treasure Coast are the district games…

64E80C23-D362-45E2-B1B4-8C7C45860C01.thumb.jpeg.3cc230fe2abf8f84ee61194138d78ac6.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites


14 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Vero Beach goes 8-2 based on that schedule.

Saw you guys had a nice win over Lake Gibson in your Spring Game.  What is your take if you watched the game for the APK upcoming season?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ray Icaza said:

Saw you guys had a nice win over Lake Gibson in your Spring Game.  What is your take if you watched the game for the APK upcoming season?

I did not go to the game. But I hear that Apopka ran the ball 90% on offense though they have not abandoned using some spread formations. I know we were up 14-0 well into the fourth when Lake Gibson scored to cut the lead to a score. But Apopka sealed the deal on the next possession.

Apopka is young, particularly on defense. But there is adequate talent. Despite a tough district, the playoff appearance streak should remain intact. How far the Darters go, I don't know at this stage. Some young teams improve as the season progresses, and some don't. To have a shot at going deep, Apopka will have to make significant improvement over the course of the season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/20/2022 at 4:39 PM, Drogo said:

Major step down in caliber of opposition this year as compared to the last several years in my opinion-  Fort Pierce Central, Centennial, Martin County and Treasure Coast are the district games…

64E80C23-D362-45E2-B1B4-8C7C45860C01.thumb.jpeg.3cc230fe2abf8f84ee61194138d78ac6.jpeg

A good schedule, no doubt. I think the Fighting Indians could go undefeated, but Miami Palmetto is probably the only hiccup if a perfect season is not in the cards. Also, why is TC the last game of the schedule? Are they no longer deemed a “competitive” rivalry? It seems strange (to me, anyway,) for a district opponent to be played in the final game of the season; especially when it is expected to be a great game and an overall “heavyweight bout.”

But still a great schedule. We should try to schedule a game next season. The last two matches between Venice and Vero have been cancelled by a hurricane and a pandemic. What luck, lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

A good schedule, no doubt. I think the Fighting Indians could go undefeated, but Miami Palmetto is probably the only hiccup if a perfect season is not in the cards. Also, why is TC the last game of the schedule? Are they no longer deemed a “competitive” rivalry? It seems strange (to me, anyway,) for a district opponent to be played in the final game of the season; especially when it is expected to be a great game and an overall “heavyweight bout.”

But still a great schedule. We should try to schedule a game next season. The last two matches between Venice and Vero have been cancelled by a hurricane and a pandemic. What luck, lol. 

This is the first time is been on that date, with the new district/classifications I imagine that’s was the only date that worked for both teams, weird also to close out the season with 3 straight district games too.
 

I actually like the Vero/TC game being the last game, it’s decided the district championship the last several years and now it will come down to the final regular season game of the year. I doubt either team will go unbeaten before this game, but it should be a battle as always. 
 

I believe Vero’s schedule is solid at best, 8 playoff teams from last year, but only TC, Martin County and Palmetto made it out of the first round.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Drogo said:

This is the first time is been on that date, with the new district/classifications I imagine that’s was the only date that worked for both teams, weird also to close out the season with 3 straight district games too.
 

I actually like the Vero/TC game being the last game, it’s decided the district championship the last several years and now it will come down to the final regular season game of the year. I doubt either team will go unbeaten before this game, but it should be a battle as always. 
 

I believe Vero’s schedule is solid at best, 8 playoff teams from last year, but only TC, Martin County and Palmetto made it out of the first round.

With the schedule TC is playing I would be really surprised if Vero Beach won the ball game. The Titans are clearly playing a schedule designed to toughen up for a state championship run. Not saying VB can’t do it (they certainly can,) but it’s going to take everything they have and maybe then some to knock off the Titans for the district crown. Best of luck to your Fighting Indians, Drogo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...