For you 1a guys out there

DisabledAccount

I was listening on the radio of Fletcher vs fort white tonight and heard a interesting comment from one of the announcers saying and I quote,

"it's not if fort white will win state, but when"

I'm not sure how to look at that comment other then what has fort white done to suggest they are better then Madison, Trenton, or port st joe

Just felt I would share what I heard to some of you 1A guys and let you know that

Hey if your radio broadcast team doesn't believe in you then who will

Good point lol

It caught my attention in the way of hmm ok, you all played a tight game with Fletcher and now you all winning 1a? They still gonna have to go through Madison and Trenton just to try and get to state so we will see

I was listening on the radio of Fletcher vs fort white tonight and heard a interesting comment from one of the announcers saying and I quote,

I'm not sure how to look at that comment other then what has fort white done to suggest they are better then Madison, Trenton, or port st joe

Just felt I would share what I heard to some of you 1A guys and let you know that

I'll just say this....

Your Columbia announcers were saying "We this"  "We that"  all throughout that game versus Gainesville.  You would have thought they were playing in the game or something.  My point is I think everyone likes to connect to their teams in different ways this time of year and sometimes we just get a little excited with our words.  What better time to feel confident when you are still undefeated, right?

I'll just say this....

Your Columbia announcers were saying "We this" "We that" all throughout that game versus Gainesville. You would have thought they were playing in the game or something. My point is I think everyone likes to connect to their teams in different ways this time of year and sometimes we just get a little excited with our words. What better time to feel confident when you are still undefeated, right?

Wait I thought you watched the stream of game?

And very good point, it is best to be confident when undefeated

There were some eye catching results last night.  South Walton, Blountstown, and Vernon all looked good. Lafayette and PSJ with easy wins against overmatched teams. The most impressive game would be Madison over 5A Rickards. 1A should be interesting this year. Trenton should give Wakulla more than they want tonight.

Shark we got have a great game out of the o-line to make it happen, Both teams are real good on defense and i would not be surprised if the game ended during regulation 0 to 0. I have to admit i am little nervous about this game. Field position, special teams and turnovers are going to be very important in this game not to mention untimely penalty's that could stall a drive. Wakulla is by far the most physical team we have ever played. With that said i think we can pull it out but it may go down to the wire.  I think the kids understand the opportunity thats in front of them if they can knock off a QUALITY 5A team.   

Shark we got have a great game out of the o-line to make it happen, Both teams are real good on defense and i would not be surprised if the game ended during regulation 0 to 0. I have to admit i am little nervous about this game. Field position, special teams and turnovers are going to be very important in this game not to mention untimely penalty's that could stall a drive. Wakulla is by far the most physical team we have ever played. With that said i think we can pull it out but it may go down to the wire.  I think the kids understand the opportunity thats in front of them if they can knock off a QUALITY 5A team.   

One thing about Wakulla is they are strong, awesome weight program. They also play with a nasty edge.  I think last years Trenton would have beat last years Wakulla but with major changes on both teams it could really go either way.  Many people have been picking Rickards over Wakulla this year and Madison handled them.  I'm sure your boys will do good tonight good luck.

So Po Jo basically beat a gas station last night? We don't have them in SFL but I thought Wewa was a gas station in the Orlando area....

Either way that is an annihilation! 

Wewahitchka home of "The World Famous Dead Lakes" and Tupelo honey.  Actually they are a 1A school in the north end of Gulf county they are one of the smallest 1A schools. Running clock 2nd quarter 48-0 half St Joe only dressed about 23 players so they could only do so much to keep the score down.

Wewahitchka home of "The World Famous Dead Lakes" and Tupelo honey.  Actually they are a 1A school in the north end of Gulf county they are one of the smallest 1A schools. Running clock 2nd quarter 48-0 half St Joe only dressed about 23 players so they could only do so much to keep the score down.

Now that is original!  You learn something everyday.  Good stuff! 

So Trenton down and I know Madison County is strong this year....overall do you feel the 1A stop 10 is as strong as the 1A top 10 last year, or about the same - top to bottom speaking?

Now that is original! You learn something everyday. Good stuff!

So Trenton down and I know Madison County is strong this year....overall do you feel the 1A stop 10 is as strong as the 1A top 10 last year, or about the same - top to bottom speaking?

Trenton should be good enough to make semi finals and play Madison again but will say it probley bout same as last year

Now that is original!  You learn something everyday.  Good stuff! 

I don't know that Trenton is down they've had some changes but they were so strong last year. Madison is strong but they are much bigger than most of the 1A schools.  I think it's going to be the same top 15 as usual, maybe a South Walton slips in there but with enrollment of 700+ they are hardly 1A.

So where in your quote does it say that were better then either team you mentioned? I been lurking on these forums for a while for A guy in same county you sure have some beef with fort white. Yeah we lost to 7A fletcher who had 4 times as many players, with 26 players on the Roster and key one out for the team thought the boys played a heck of game.

They did play well but that don't mean they gonna win 1a like what it sounded like that announcer was predicting, Fletcher may be a big school but fort white still gotta play Suwannee this week and will have to get past union county, Hamilton, Madison, Trenton, and likely port st joe, so as of the moment I haven't seen anything to suggest they winning state this year, maybe they can start proving it by beating Suwannee (a team they have never beaten) that might go a long way of convincing me